cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

After the Update I lost the ability to change the Ringtone volume,but  while searching through the Android Forums, I found that if you do a Restart, instead of a Power Down  the issue will fix itself.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-430630-32382/281-500/7346057580_c8bcf0eeaf.jpg

9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

Hmm, ok, that's a new one. Not sure I've seen that issue. What led up to the issue presenting itself if I may ask?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The issue was  the 1/31 software Update I lost the ability to change the Ringtone volume. i powered down several times thinking that would solve the issue, but what you have to do is just restart....now all is well.

Master

Was this a One-Time thing or will it reoccur if you power down again?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue, starting at the exact same time. Stupid update!

Journeyman

Just tried doing the power reset. Worked like a charm. Consulting Community board worked!

Journeyman

I'm glad it worked for you

Master

If you just do a shutdown, does the problem come back or was this just a one-time thing? I ask because it doesn't do the same on mine so I wnat to see if it's phone specific or just a weird glitch.

--

Journeyman

My phone just updated this morning and now the stupid thing won't stop vibrating whenever I get a notification.  I have the volume set on a normal ringtone volume, not vibrate.  Every time I get a text or app notification, the phone dings and vibrates.  How do I get it so it just dings again?  I've been through all the settings I can think of and nothign is working, including the new power saver feature.  Nothing works!  I even tried restarting!

Master

Answered this on your other post. But in case you missed it, see the following thread,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/431994#431994

--