cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

After the Update I lost the ability to change the Ringtone volume,but  while searching through the Android Forums, I found that if you do a Restart, instead of a Power Down  the issue will fix itself.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-430630-32382/281-500/7346057580_c8bcf0eeaf.jpg

9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE 1/31 Software Update -> Ringtone Volume Glitch

Hmm, ok, that's a new one. Not sure I've seen that issue. What led up to the issue presenting itself if I may ask?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The issue was  the 1/31 software Update I lost the ability to change the Ringtone volume. i powered down several times thinking that would solve the issue, but what you have to do is just restart....now all is well.

Master

Was this a One-Time thing or will it reoccur if you power down again?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue, starting at the exact same time. Stupid update!

Journeyman

Just tried doing the power reset. Worked like a charm. Consulting Community board worked!

Journeyman

I'm glad it worked for you

Master

If you just do a shutdown, does the problem come back or was this just a one-time thing? I ask because it doesn't do the same on mine so I wnat to see if it's phone specific or just a weird glitch.

--

Journeyman

My phone just updated this morning and now the stupid thing won't stop vibrating whenever I get a notification.  I have the volume set on a normal ringtone volume, not vibrate.  Every time I get a text or app notification, the phone dings and vibrates.  How do I get it so it just dings again?  I've been through all the settings I can think of and nothign is working, including the new power saver feature.  Nothing works!  I even tried restarting!

Master

Answered this on your other post. But in case you missed it, see the following thread,

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/431994#431994

--

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.