cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Additional Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Additional Problems

In addition to signal strength weakness, I've noticed a couple other areas of the phone that need improvement.

1.  Skype audio is crackly and muffled - applies to both earpiece and speaker phone.

2.  Speaker phone on regular phone calls is quieter than if I turn the earpiece speaker up 100%

3.  Using the touch tone numbers while in call doesn't work (i.e. pushing phone numbers to be routed through a call tree, while on the phone).  You have to hang up and call back several times to get the feature to work.

4.  Can't hear a touch tone sound when you press a number during a phone call. 

5.  Voice mail icon doesn't notify you when you have voice mail.

6.  Battery life is not optimal

7.  Purchasing applications via the Play Store and billing them to sprint does not register as paid with the phone.  I purchased the same app 4 times (recieved a confirmation email) then was not able to DL the application.  I had to purchase it again via credit card.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  Anyone have notes on what the first software patch may contain?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - Additional Problems

I have not had an issue with touch tones during a call in terms of I always hear them.  However sometimes I press

a button, hear the tone but the other end does not seem to receive the tone.

There was an option on the original EVO 4G where you could specify tone length.    But either it does not exist

or I have been unable to find it on my EVO 4G LTE

Highlighted
Master

krloyd wrote:

In addition to signal strength weakness, I've noticed a couple other areas of the phone that need improvement.

1.  Skype audio is crackly and muffled - applies to both earpiece and speaker phone.

2.  Speaker phone on regular phone calls is quieter than if I turn the earpiece speaker up 100%

3.  Using the touch tone numbers while in call doesn't work (i.e. pushing phone numbers to be routed through a call tree, while on the phone).  You have to hang up and call back several times to get the feature to work.

5.  Voice mail icon doesn't notify you when you have voice mail.

6.  Battery life is not optimal

7.  Purchasing applications via the Play Store and billing them to sprint does not register as paid with the phone.  I purchased the same app 4 times (recieved a confirmation email) then was not able to DL the application.  I had to purchase it again via credit card.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  Anyone have notes on what the first software patch may contain?

1. Used Talk, but not skype. Seemed to run fine but the speaker is so low it's hard to hear.
  2. Number of complaints regarding this. Consensus is that the volume was adjusted down to prevent speakers blowing. Think they over did it.
  3. Seems to work fine for me, I've used it a number of times. Sounds like an issue with the phone.
  4. If volume is up, then it sounds like an issue with the phone.
  5. Has voicemail been configured?
  6. Do you have processes or apps running in the background? have you turned off LTE, WiFi Bluetooth unless you actually using them? You should get easily a days worth out of the battery.
  7. May need to contact Sprint and Google about that one. Could be an issue wit hthe Bill Carrier function.

The First MR should have connectivity and signal issues addressed for sure. Hopefully it also has a volume boost to the speaker phone and some other bugs that people have mentioned. ETA is unknow at this time.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

smotrs wrote:

krloyd wrote:

4. If volume is up, then it sounds like an issue with the phone.

Ok, I misread this. Before the call has been connected, the tones can be heard through the external speaker, when the call has been connected, tones are played through either external or internal speaker depening on whether Speaker Phone is On or Off respectively. You can test this by holding your phone near your ear and pressing one of the dialpad buttons.

Sorry for the error.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not a troll: my Note 4 has same touch tones issue via Wi-Fi Calling, that is automate call systems cannot receive tones.

Highlighted
Master

Deltawaterbravo94,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried doing any troubleshooting?

- Destiny
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

the only thing that I have done so far is adjust the length of the tones to long within the phone settings. I have not been able to make a test call to see if that helps.

Highlighted
Master

Deltawaterbravo94,

Keep us posted. - Crystal G. Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat