cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY

30 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY

What about the SimPull? It simulates a battery pull by pressing the Power Button for 10+ seconds.

Journeyman

I still like being able to pull the battery. It's been rare that I need to.  But I have had situations where my phone has frozen up and I've pulled the battery to reset it. As I said, it's a rare occurance.  But all it takes is once.

Master

Yeah, my guess too. Maybe the screen shot will at least give us some indication. <shrug>

GrandMaster

im thinking their problem has something to do with reception draining the battery that fast.

Master

What does your Battery Usage show? When it gets down to yellow, post a screen shot so we can see what might be using all your battery. It will give us an idea of what's going on so we can give recommendations.

If your not seeing at least 24hours, then something is draining the battery.

To do a screenshot, press and hold Power Button + Volume Down simultaneously. If you see either the Shutdown Message or your Volume adjusts, try again as you didn't press them at exactly the same time.

Journeyman

I've had the EVO LTE since it came out and the battery life on it is awful. I'm not a power user, I've done all the adjustment suggestions for preserving power and my phone STILL won't make it thru an entire day at work. If I had known that the battery wasn't upgradable or replaceable, I would have never purchased this phone. I have friends with droid Maxx who get 2 days or more off a single charge and they use their phones 3x more than I do. Very disappointed.

Journeyman

Cool, well hopefully RC can hop on here and give us his thoughts.

FYI - the long press on the home key works on the OG EVO, not the EVO LTE. 

It's one of the things I miss, but you can get the same result by using the recent apps key.

GrandMaster

worse case scenario you can use the app killer that the phone has built in...one of these guys will have to let you know where exactly it is since im still rolling the old bessy EVO lol..

Journeyman

I got used to the original EVO reloading Sense after it was upgraded to Gingerbread. So I was surprised (maybe alarmed would be a better word) when I saw it happening with the LTE. After about a month the LTE started recycling spontaneously to the point that I couldn't use it and I had to do a hard reset. I thought maybe that would clear up the problem with Sense but it did not. Doing a restart every few days seems to help a bit, but the reloading is never completly eliminated. Most often the reloading of Sense occurs after I've downloaded several updates from the Play Store, but it does occur once in a while when I am exiting other apps.

Speaking of exiting, I haven't seen much discussion of it here, and there's something that I would like to ask about. With the original EVO and with the 3D, I usually exited by using the "back" button because it usually returned me to the main screen after no more than a couple of clicks. But the LTE doesn't seem to behave that way. If I've done a lot of browsing or downloading in the Play Store, pressing the back button only goes back to the previous screen and it might take 20 presses to get back to the main screen. So I have adapted my behavior by using the home button to exit. I always worry that this leaves a lot of stuff in memory and might affect performance, but I really don't know enough about Android's memory management to know. Any experts out there who can tell me whether it is better to exit by the back button or by the home button?

GrandMaster

i think thats more due to ICS than anything. which is always a possibility of the combination of ICS and even GB plus sense itself having issues with memory usage.

RC will have to get more indepth with the multi tasking with these new phones..but for the most part you should try to either back out of the app or see if they have an option to exit out by hitting menu. im running dolphin HD and i can hit the menu button and it gives me the option to exit..which kills that app right there instead of having it run in the background for a while. backing out instead of just going right back to the main screen will usually shut down most apps instead of them running in the background..

you should also be able to hold down the home screen button to pull up the most recent things you have used on the phone..which will allow you to swap between apps without fully shutting them down if need.