cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Bluetooth Version?

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Bluetooth Version?

Does this phone really only support Bluetooth 3.0+ rather than Bluetooth 4.0 like its' sibling phone the AT&T HTC One X?  I thought that Sprint's phone was basically the HTC One X rebranded for Sprint but then why the Bluetooth version difference?

17 REPLIES 17
GrandMaster

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - Bluetooth Version?

unfortunatley this is the only info i CANT find about this phone. even through s4gru i end up drawing a blank when i get to that area. unless someone else finds something before i do i'll see what else i can find and post when i can.

however if you find something please post the info so others have it as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

From the initial spec release, it looks like it has 4.0:

• Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, integrated with HTC Sense™ 4
  • 4.7-inch HD display
  • HD voice capabilities
  • 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4)
  • 2000mAh embedded battery
  • 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing
  • Google Wallet
  • HTC Beats Audio integrated
  • 16GB internal memory
  • microSD support
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • 134.8 x 68.99 x 8.98 mm / 5.3 x 2.7 x 35 in (LWT)
  • 134 grams / 4.72 ounces
  • NFC capable and Google Wallet
  • Built-in dual microphones for noise reduction
  • Bluetooth 4.0
Wizard

Then again, as soon as I post that, I find on HTC's official website:

Bluetooth® 3.0+, 3.5mm Stereo audio jack, Micro USB connector with MHL, NFC, WiFi™: IEEE 802.11 A,B,G,N

Sprint Employee

So far this information regarding the version of bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB has not been published that I could find. I am working on confirming these specifications, and will post back with any detail that I may. Thank you, Chris.

No longer working Community Response.
GrandMaster

i really hope they dont change up the usb plug type for this. if memory serves the last 3 or 4 HTC phones still used the same plug types...not to mention i have 2 new cords that would be awesome if i could still use them lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Employee

The new Evo LTE should still use micro USB like the other Evos, I believe it will be MHL capable which means you can connect the USB to an MHL capable TV, or use an MHL to HDMI adaptor to see the phone on your HDTV.

GrandMaster

not sure what all uses it would have for that aside from pics and vids...but thats cool. im guessing a different cable is needed for this?

Sprint Employee

I use a regular USB cable to connect between my phone and MHL to HDMI adaptor, a standard micro USB charger connected to the adaptor to provide power, and an HDMI cable between the adaptor, and the TV. My son loves plugging it up and playing field runners on the TV.

GrandMaster

lol...smurf village large scale..gotta love it

Wizard

As RC1024 mentioned, this info isn't easy to find yet!  Here's what I've been able to turn up regarding the questions in this thread:

• Bluetooth 4.0
  • USB 2.0
    • - micro usb connector   
  • Wi-Fi Enabled - 802.11 a/b/g/n

Hope that helps!

Wizard

Any idea why the official HTC page quotes Bluetooth 3+?  I've seen several sites stating it has 4.0 just as you indicated, but it seems odd that the manufacturer's page would be the one that's wrong.

With that still unresolved, it brings up another question:  which is better for a cell phone?  I learned more than I wanted to about bluetooth while searching for an answer and it seems that the advantage of 4.0 is very low power consumption.  The disadvantage of 4.0 is that it's about 90% slower than any of the other bluetooth protocols.  That would be great for things like NikeID that runs off a watch battery and only sends small packets of information.  If you're transferring files from your phone to your computer or someone else's phone, I'd think faster would be better.  I would assume 4.0 is fast enough to stream music or connect to your car's BT?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat