cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues

I have a Bose Headset 2 and the LTE EVO.  This morning the bluetooth for the phone does not work.  You can hear music (pandora etc), Use voice calling etc.  Just can't hear anything when trying to make a phone call.  Worked fine last night and the time since I have had the phone.  I tried unpairing the headset with the phone.  No joy.  Called customer service and still no joy.  Went to a store had them look at like it was a moon rock and still no joy.  All I got was the headset doesn't work.  Well it works just fine on my work phone.  So it is not the headset.  Anybody else having these issues?  Maybe someone in customer service can truly help? 

14 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues

I have the exact same issue. I have a Plantronics Vovager Pro headset. The headset works with my work phone but just stopped working with my EVO.I unpaired and paired again. No change. I also went into the bluetooth settings and box was checked for phone audio. However, when I make a call the audio is going through the phone and not the headset.

Journeyman

I fixed it by doing the factory reset.  Just the one that doesn't kill all the information on the SD card etc.  That made it work.  Just make sure you back up your phone before you do it.  That way you won't lose any info. 

Journeyman

having the same issue too.. did a Reset on the phone and it worked for a week then stopped...

Journeyman

having the same issue too.. did a Reset on the phone and it worked for a week then stopped...

You use what Bluetooth device???

I'm having major LTEvo vs. BT issues for months; Still no luck

Wizard

Cam,

apologies for not reading the thread, what BT devices are you using? are you experiencing static? BT drop outs? pairing issues?

do you stream to multiple devices and they all show the same issues?

finally, have you opened up a trouble ticket to HTC? what was their response?

Journeyman

Well i have two blue tooths. One is the Jabra extreme 2 and the plantronics m50. you can hear music and media. But when making a Call you have no audio. My husband has the same headsets and his work fine.

Htc Told me that is was an non compatibility issue with the Device. i Called jabra and they said that it was the phone.

Wizard

Both are right and the consumer is left holding the bag.

HTC is correct in that the BT headset does not have the right BT stack to talk with the phone.

Jabra is right in that its the phone that does not have the BT stack that is in the jabra headset.

as an example, I use 2 Bluetooth headsets, one being the LG TUNE and the other is a Jabra BT 8010. I use a Blueant BT speaker, and I stream music from the phone to my vehicles' BT using A2DP. all of  those products work well.

I am able to make and place calls thru the vehicles' BT system and also on the LG TUNE and the other BT which is a Jabra BT8010 which is an ancient old school BT headset. its able to make and hear calls fine and its circa 2007!

I would try another headset, OR take your current BT headset into a local sprint store, pair it up to a demo LTE htc phone and test. if no change, either continue to issue trouble tickets to HTC in hopes they will include the BT stack that your headset uses, or move on to another headset.

The more people who complain, the better the response from HTC.

Journeyman

@Steadicam,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried the Jawbone Icon, Motorola Silver Elite, Plantronics M155, M20...

Callers say they can't hear me clearly & devices disconnect randomly.

Streaming music is never a problem.

The AV890 works ok but is a wired device, which defeats the point of using Bluetooth.

The Motorola HK250 seems to be ok, Just bought it a few hours ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought Bluetooth was a standard.  It makes as much sense as saying you can't access a certain website because the server has a different TCP/IP stack than your PC.