cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE Cases & Lock Screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE Cases & Lock Screen

So far this phone has been amazing and I'm really happy about it. There's just a few things I either haven't figured out or there is something wrong with my phone.

Lock Screen: even using a pass code the device pulls up the lock screen and from there you can change the volume and power off thep hone by holding in the power button for ten seconds.

This can be a problem if your phone its in you're pocket or for people who use case holders. I use a platinum case from best buy, the case is great except when I holster the phone either the power button gets pressed and held shutting of my phone, or if I put it in another way the phone its set on vibrate. Why you can change settings without entering a passcode I don't understand.

TLDR: Can the phones lock screen be setup a better way, and can anyone provide an ideal holster case that doesn't shut the phone off?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Cases & Lock Screen

Sounds like your holster is too tight, maybe after a while it will loosen up but is there anyway you can stretch it a bit? Maybe put a hard case on the phone then shove it in the holster to help with stretching it and loosening it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The case is actually two parts: A cover and a holster. So the phone has what is like a hard shell around it, and then it clips into the holster. The clip for the holster is right over the power button (Bad placement for the power button, it shoulda been more to one side, or the case should have designed the clip off to one side).

Master

Does your case have integral buttons on it that press the phone buttons? Not sure which case/holster your talking about so I'm having a hard time imagining it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have the Seidio Surface case and mine does not do that, it's perfect.   It's not heavy duty, it's thin and I like that.  I was thinking of getting the Seidio Active case for when I'm working outside for more protection.  I had them on my old evo and loved the holster and never had any problem so I went with them again on the LTE.    I know Seidio makes the Best Buy Platinum cases, but which style do you have, the surface or Active case??

Journeyman

If you use the platinum case  from Best Buy, you want the glass part of the phone face in against the holder. We have the same case and it works fine.  With that said, sometimes I just put the phone in my jean pocket without the case.  A few times that I sat down,  the power button was pressed by my jean and reboot the phone.  They probably should probably make the power button flush with the phone's body in order to prevent the issue.  Or place the button on the side.

Journeyman

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Platinum+Series+-+Case+with+Holster+for+HTC+EVO+4G+LTE+Mobile+Phones+-+B...

That's the phone case I have, I have always been putting it in screen facing the holster, but the buttons just always seem to get pressed.

Master

Ok, from what I can tell, it does have integral buttons. Hmm, not sure I like that personally. The case I got (hard case off ebay) has cutouts for the buttons, so it's really easy to access them but not so much accidentally, even when it's in my pocket.

--

Journeyman

Again I just love my Seidio Surface case and I do not have any button issues at all ever and I carry in in my holster 99% of the time and take the phone in and out and in and out constantly.  BUT the funny thing is that evidently Seidio really believed it was going to be called the JET (remember those rumors we all were hearing about what they were going to call the phone).   Because my case on the back has HT JET on it.  HTCJET.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat