cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE Contact Details Slow To Open and Phone Keypad

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE Contact Details Slow To Open and Phone Keypad

I find its slow to open a contact on the HTC EVO 4G LTE.  Any fix for this?

Also when I use the HTC EVO 4G LTE phone keypad, its not finding all my contacts but when I go to phonebook all contacts are there. 

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know, mine works fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd like to attest to the slowness of my HTC EVO 4G LTE all around. Opening up the following gives serious delays now:

Phone Dialer

People (HTC app)

Messages (HTC app): Individual text stream

Overall phone slowness and Bluetooth has a very difficult time connecting to anything now.

It may be time to Hard Reset.

Highlighted
Master

Another user reported an issue with the way Facebook is syncing contacts causing the phones contact database to grow almost 4 times in size. This could seriously cause slowness when accessing contacts.

Work around is to make sure your contacts are backed up on Google. Make sure Facebook is set to NOT sync contacts. Then do a Clear Data on the Contacts app to erase all contacts. Then force a sync,

• Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > Sync Now

You may also want to remove syncing on the Calendar as well while your at it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issues reported here. In my case it was related to Google Wallet. The temp fix was to select the "Restart" function from the power-down menu and let the phone reboot. The final fix was to reset Google Wallet and then upgrade to the latest version before re-enrolling.

Highlighted
Master

Haven't heard Google Wallet causing the issue. but you never know sometimes.  Glad you got it sorted out.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The "don't sync Facebook" approach is not acceptible as it allows for me to put pictures to my contacts.

I tried the resetting of Google Wallet but there wasn't a new version to upgrade to. So far it seems to mostly be behaving better. We will see,

Highlighted
Master

Not saying you have to stop it altogether, just until Facebook corrects the issue on their end. Until that happens, there's nothing Sprint, HTC or we can do to help if it's a result of the Facebook app.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat