cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE Jelly Bean update USB to Car Stereo Issue

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE Jelly Bean update USB to Car Stereo Issue

I had ICS on EVO originally and all was fine.  In the area of USB connection to my car stereos, it worked well as follows:

1. Plug into the USB jack of the car audio system.

2. Car audio would recognize USB has been connected and switch to the USB

3. Set EVO to USB connection, instead of HTC Synch, Charge or other options.

4. Car audio would read the SD card inside the EVO and begin playing MP3s

I did the Jelly Bean update to EVO using the phone connected to Sprint's update site.  I have solved a few issues with Jelly Bean on the EVO, however, I cannot seem to get the USB working right with the car audio systems.  I got EVO USB Jelly Bean working correctly with Windows 7, HTC Synch Manager, and a 3rd party Synch app.  However, I am very frustrated with the car situation, as I have lost all features of using the EVO Jelly Bean as my USB storage drive with the car audios.  It does the same thing with 2 different brands of car stereo systems.  Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?  If so, please advise.

Thanks.

33 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Jelly Bean update USB to Car Stereo Issue

What options have you tried when plugging it in? Just plugging it in, plugging it in and selecting mount as drive on phone, plugging it in and selecting HTC Sync Manager?

I know on the computer, if I just plug it in, I can select open with Windows Explorer and I can see both internal and external SD Cards. However, if I mount as a Drive I can only see External and if I mount using HTC Sync Manager I can only see internal.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am having the same issue connecting in the car. REALLY SUCKS! Have you found a solution yet, or are we hoping the next update will fix this issue.

Master

Yeah, if you have any additional info, please post.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Before when I plugged in car using usb and selected mount drive, it would recognize the music on my sd card and play the music. But now, it does not. But I think the sd card issue is bigger then we think. When I go into the storage settings on my phone...I can't move anything to the sd card, and I can't view or open the sd card storage. In the past I could. I could music or any other files/apps from phone to sd, and vice versa.

Journeyman

I meant, I could move music or any other files/apps from phone to sd, and vice versa.

Master

Have you tried a second SD Card? I'm wondering if somehow the card got corrupted. Specially since you can't transfer to/from now.

--

Journeyman

I am certain it is not the SD card, because I can access my SD when I hook it up to my PC. And I can access all the music saved to my SD, thru my phone and listen to music. The issue has to do with the storage. When I tap phone storage, I can only access Apps. I can access any the other folders (music, photos/video/, other. Also, if I go under setting then apps, I can move apps from phone to internal storage. Which I am assuming is the SD card. Does any of this make sense? Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ smotrs - I found a related issue in another sprint discussion:

Have you noticed any issues with your evo knowing the path to your music or pcture files on you SD card?  Mine has lost it.  Shows the card, and that it has memory.  I can access it via the usb port, and everything is still there.  It is just that my phone does not know the path/where to look?  Very frustrating, as I travel a lot and listen to music/watch video on the plane.  I prefer not to have to use wi-fi, since I have the storage capacity on the sd card anyway.

Took mine to the Sprint store, and they were unable to fix it.  Gave me the instructions on how to reformat the card, but that is not really what the issue is, since the phone "sees" the card.  I did reformat and re-install, but the phone still does not find my songs or vids.  Oddly enough, some programs are still working on via the sd card, and are able to find files stored there.  It is just the Music and Camera programs that came with the phone that will not access it.  I have tried installing another player, and it cannot find the music files either.

Master

I was kinda hoping that wasn't the problem which is why I was asking if a second SD Card worked. If the second SD Card didn't work, then your most likely a victim of the post you quoted.

--

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.