cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

828 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

You need to pry it from the top, it hinges/hooks on from the bottom.

Journeyman

Did you ever figure out how to get the back off the HTC 4G LTE?  Thanks!

Journeyman

I STILL don't have my phone!  Apparently the local stores still haven't received shipments. I' ve tried to be patient with the Customs and delays but this is starting to really piss me off.

Journeyman

Actually, samsung will have no trouble getting s3 into the country.  Samsung has no current ITC rulings  them. They are still engaged in active court hearings with apple. Therefore the S3 will not be held up in customs like the htc devicEd.

Journeyman

Just wanted to say, after all the nonsense with the delay, Sprint wasn't the only one mum with customers.  I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy, and never received any kind of notification.  Not that it was delayed and, even worse, not that it was finally in.  The only way I knew any of this stuff is because I was doing regular googles of the phone.  In fact, I got my phone a day later than I could have, because they simply didn't let me know.  I saw in the news that the pre-orders were shipping, and so, on a whim, I called Best Buy and the confirmed they had had them for a day or so.  But I can't be too mad.  I got my phone now, and it was only $158 out the door, with nothing out-of-pocket for the pre-order.

And I gotta say, this thing is awesome!  Battery life is great, as is everything else.  Did a Bluetooth transfer of my contacts from my old EVO, factory reset it, and now the wife has a solid phone to hold her over 'til she upgrades in NOV.  Here's a pic to give you an idea of the battery life - and this was my first full day with the phone, so you know I was usin' it:

IMAG0523.jpg

Journeyman

Has anyone even seen the sg3 on the net. If it was that hard to get the evo through customs, the sg3 will never make it to the US. It is a carbon copy of the iPhone. And I'm talking hardware. It even did away with soft buttons and has one hard button in the middle bottom of the device. Look familiar. As it stands now, I don't see any way for it to pass through the patent courtrooms, much less the border. They will have to change the HARDWARE, which means it won't even be the same phone.

Journeyman

Oh, no doubt Samsung will release the phone on all 4 carriers..eventually.  Im putting money on it NOT being in June...at least for Sprint or Verizon.

Journeyman

Samsung makes the phone and will make the Galaxy S3 for all 4 carriers like they did with the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2! Samsung confirmed this at the press event in London, May 3! They also stated that they will realease Galaxy S3 in the U.S. in June sometime! So Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile will receive the phone!

Journeyman

I just wanted to reply to everyone talking about the Samsung Galaxy s3...

As of right now...its only available overseas.... no plans have been officially announced to bring this phone to the US.  and since the s3 is a GSM phone...it wouldnt work on Sprint's network. 

If they do develop, make and release a CDMA version...the specs on it may not and most likely will not be the same as what they are on the current one (GSM).

I would look for Tmobile and ATT&T to get the S3 before Verizon or Sprint...just because of the GSM-CDMA issue.

Journeyman

tallyho77 wrote:

I for one love my phone preorderd and got it on May 24, I know how disappointing it is waiting for a date for launching but it's my belief that the preorders was greater than they anticipated there is a certain amount allocated to each store and they have to wait for second shipment. Thats my belief I might be wrong. But its well worth the wait.

Yeah I've been told its on a different pre-order list from the business services at sprint. When I called the main sprint customer service/order support, they told me that all pre-orders have been shipped, and that if you want the phone now, that you will have to wait till the national launch. So I'm thinking as when the phone is about to launch, miraculously business services will have it available..