cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

I couldn't disagree more.  Sprint knew or should have known about this, and should have been in front of it.  I'm not saying that they could control the delay.  I'm saying they have been deceptive and/or incompetent in their response and communication to consumers.  The biggest issue is that Sprint is still unwilling to do the right thing, which is to cancel preorders for customers that wish to do so.  Also, if compensation is so rediculous, why did Sprint give me a $15 dollar credit when I complained about the delay, and the inability to cancel orders.  Obviously $15 is trivial, but they do know they have screwed up, or they would not have done this.

Edit:  I wrote this post even before reading the NY times article.  Very deceptive business practices.  Sprint needs to step up and do the right thing.  Let me cancel now, so I can get a phone, and start a line of service with someone else.

Journeyman

I agree

Journeyman

You shouldn't have even had to have complained. Their management team, knowing the legal challenges holding up delivery were known, should have proactively before news broke online emailed pre-order customers, explained the situation, appologized for the delay, and offered some sort of credit on their next bill. Would have made all but the most anal-retentive customers feel all warm and fuzzy inside and love Sprint more.

Instead they let the news break by the newspapers, did not, and still have not explained the situation formally to pre-order customers, and are basically trapping customers in their orders for those who are afraid this process is going to take a year. Result? Customers are pissed.

GEE, PROACTIVE INCIDENT MANAGEMENT GOES A LONG WAY!

GrandMaster

wouldnt that communication have to come from HTC? seeing as how sprint is purchasing the phones from them...and have yet to get it in their hands..if they knew about this for a month should they have held off the pre-order until june? july maybe?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, the communication would have to come from Sprint. As we are their customer, it is their responsibility to be monitoring the supply chain for a product that is legally controversial in the sense that crApple is trying to block it from entering the US (since they're jellous of the absolute awesomeness of the devices). They may be buying from HTC, but it's Sprint's responsibility.

You know for a fact they're going to be asking for some sort of compensation from HTC over this snafu and will most likely get it.

Journeyman

Its sprints fault on how they handled preorders knowing that the phones were not 100% cleared and sitting in "their" warehouse. They used wording like "call dibs on yours and receive it before anyone else gets a glimpse" indicating that we would have it at the very least a day before launch day (formally May 18th). They would not take a deposit like all the other stores, you had to pay for the phone in full. I do not hold them to blame for the delay nor do I expect some compensation, what I expect is to have my phone that I paid for when i was TOLD by the sales rep that I will have it. I understand that s**t happens but I think taking someones money on something that is not stateside, has not cleared customs yet knowing about the ITC ruling was not good business. Sprint is already not in good graces with half of their customers mainly for network and other reasons. This phone will help them out alot but I just feel that they should have handled it differently. They should have never given a for sure launch date until they knew that 99% it would launch on that day. With the information we have learned now it was 50/50 at best.

Wizard

I wouldn't expect HTC to communicate to Sprint's customers.  Sprint took all the pre-order money.  Sprint owed these customers a response. 

In the Best Buy case, there's effectively no money put down, so I see that as a very different case.  Here, Sprint happily took money from customers and therefore has an obligation to represent those customers' best interests.  HTC likely strung along Sprint thinking they'd have it resolved in time and, IMHO, bears the brunt of the blame here, but Sprint needed to step up last night and put out some clear guidance on options for refunds, whether any pre-orders would be filled, and detail the reasons for the delay.  That's not too much to ask when Sprint has $200 of yours and you've already signed for a new 2-year contract.

Journeyman

From Sprint website:

ACSI - "Sprint is #1 amoung all national carriers, and most improved in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries over tha last 4 years."  - 2012 American Consumer Satisfaction Index

Not anymore!!! 

GrandMaster

true. then again they cant exactly kick out the information if they dont have all of it as well. they have to deal direct with HTC on this..we all know that there has always been a bunch of hoops that have to be jumped through before they can kick out any info to us...im sure HTC is the same way...even to the carriers that are purchasing their phones.

i deal with these things all the time. if i had a dollar for every time i have had someone tell me "yes the shipment was sent...you should receive your parts any day now" ....ooooh man... i would be a rich fella

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was told (10 AM PDT 5/16) they cannot cancel pre-orders, and I would need to wait for the phone to get here and then call to request a return kit or go to a corporate store. A little transparency here would be worth a lot Sprint. You already have my money, and all I want to do is cancel my order so I can move on with my life rather than wait for customs to sort this out, then to get the phone, then to have to bring it to a store to return it. I just want to cancel my order and get my money back. This issue may not be your fault, but these are YOUR customers that it's affecting and you need to be doing more to keep us in the loop.

GrandMaster

thats actually what i ment..the communication would have to come from HTC to Sprint..and then jump roped down to us..

arTim wrote:

I wouldn't expect HTC to communicate to Sprint's customers.  Sprint took all the pre-order money.  Sprint owed these customers a response. 

In the Best Buy case, there's effectively no money put down, so I see that as a very different case.  Here, Sprint happily took money from customers and therefore has an obligation to represent those customers' best interests. HTC likely strung along Sprint thinking they'd have it resolved in time and, IMHO, bears the brunt of the blame here, but Sprint needed to step up last night and put out some clear guidance on options for refunds, whether any pre-orders would be filled, and detail the reasons for the delay.  That's not too much to ask when Sprint has $200 of yours and you've already signed for a new 2-year contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint wouldn't need to wait for HTC to send them anything. The process is very simple:

• Sprint exec becomes aware of a problem with pre-order of a highly-anticipated product
  • Sprint exec investigates and finds out as much as they can
  • Sprint exec requests an email blast be sent out to customers who have pre-ordered and a press release issued explaining the issue, apologizing for the delay, setting out paramaters for customers that need to bail on the pre-order because of the delay, and if the issue is 100% in HTC's court (which it's not, Sprint chose to market the phone without product in warehouse on a pre-order basis), point the finger a little bit.
  • Sprint exec includes some sort of language about showing appreciation for their customers, how much they love them and blah blah blah, and the pre-orders get a nominal credit as a good faith gesture
  • Issue far more averted than it is currently, exec gets a pat on the back for being on the ball, maybe a new leather armchair and a stuffed wombat on their desk
  • The majority of people, including employees, are happy... only a rare few jerks who have anger-managment issues continue to piss and moan.

Disaster averted.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat