cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

In my opinion, Dan Hesse has sold his soul to the devil (Apple). He has personally scarificed 30% of his annual salary to woo Apple. Now Apple has Mr. Hesse by the balls and won't let him sell the products that his customer's REALLY want. If I were Mr. Hesse, I would nulify whatever contract he has with Apple and stop carrying their products. AT&T should do the same. Everybody knows that Apple will never have another ground breaking innovation without Steve Jobs, and Apple is pruposely hurting their carrier's revenues. Apple may soon find themselves without a carrier for their inferior products.

Journeyman

I disagree. Sprint executives would have had to have known about the legal issues and the ITC ruling. Knowing this was a huge product release, someone with authority to make decisions should have essentially been following this ship as it docked into port. Contingencies on what to do if Customs held it should have been drafted and diseminated to all CSRs, and the moment Customs held it, those plans go into effect: notifications are sent, CSRs are given talking points and statements from the Executive team, and a process to handle the few cancelation requests that will come in immediately, as most people will be satisfied with information.

Instead, it's fairly obvious they thought this would be like any other phone launch (despite the ITC ruling), and just winged it. When you know a head of time that there could be a problem and fail to act, I have a problem.

As far as AT&T is concerned, I don't trade with them because I've never had anything but problems with their customer service and their network. I trade with Sprint because their customer service up to this point has been excellent and their network has been more than acceptable. I will most likely continue to do business with Sprint after this debachle, however, I will most likely NEVER participate in a pre-order again. If I can't walk into a Sprint store and walk out with a device, Sprint is not going to be getting my business.

I have worked with Executives and run my own business. And honestly, if I had any indication that there would be a problem with a product shipment, plans would be drawn up to deal with that problem ahead of time. An ITC ruling against the manufacturer is an indication there could be a problem with a product shipment at the ports.

Journeyman

I disagree with those who say Sprint is not to blame. No offense but you don't put all your eggs in a basket hoping that your biggest release of the year "might" go down smoothly up until the last few minutes? NO ONE can tell me that Sprint just found out that their shipments were going to be stopped last night. Believe me they've know about it but they thought it would have been done and taken care of by now. Now that it's not they are blaming HTC!? They have been lying apparently for weeks now! Telling most customers that their phones have been in the warehouse for weeks and even up until last night everyone who preorders will get them on or before May 18th CSR BS. I can even name specific people who have tracking numbers from UPS with no shipments which just goes to how far these shenanigans got before the ITC screamed CHICKEN! Sprint was playing Russian Roulette with their biggest phone launch of the year and guess what, the gun SHOT!?

I blame Sprint 100% and HTC 0% because Sprint dragged this along for weeks, probably months if you look at s4gru.com data on "Risk with Mitigation" on internal Sprint documents regarding the EVO 4G LTE! HTC is simply the phone creator/developer and has nothing to do with Sprint marketing, dates, etc. HTC sends the phones and Sprint sells them and if there was a ruling waiting to be served on HTC's new phones then Sprint should have been aware. But I mean waiting until the last day and then blaming HTC is a joke. Just Monday Sprint said they would be opening stores early for the launch, what a joke! And if they really thought they could pull this off in under a day then I think Sprint has a lot more to be worried over than just a phone launch date. Even if the EVO 4G LTE launch is their most important release of the year that could either save or bankrupt them!?

And unless you've been following this situation online you would never know that you can count on not getting your phone for at least another week or later. No, Sprint has STILL NOT released any news, put out an official statement or email to their customers. My contract is up and I was already thinking about switching to Verizon but the new EVO and Unlimited Data were the only two things keeping me here. But it scares me to see Sprints' business sense and then sign up for two more years of service. Knowing Sprint in three months after they get the bulk of original EVO upgrades from two years ago signed to new contracts I could see them playing Russian Roulette again and doing away with unlimited data with some lame reason of no money or some other bullcrap. I can see into the future, lol. With Verizon you pay more but you get quadruple the speed, service and support. Plus the Motorola Razr Maxx has been calling my name for some time now, lol.

5th

Journeyman

What part of this don't you understand??? Ice Cream Sandwich and Android have the capabilities to do exactly what Apple is contesting on the HTC phones.  This is purely singling out the company that has been a huge thorn in it's side back to the original EVO launch. Lets see if the Samsung line falls under the same scrutiny. Contingencies on what to do when it came to port???   I repeat.........it isn't Friday yet....we don't even know if phones were already here prepared for the launch or not and if these phones were just reinforcements.

Journeyman

Well said that is my problem with the way this was handled.The Executives did not take charge.

Journeyman

I understand that it isn't Friday yet...  However, I also understand that Sprint, through its customer service department, is informing pre-order customers that we will not have our phones on 5/18.  They are also refusing to cancel these orders.  Your missing the main point, which is how is Sprint dealing with the issue now.  You ordered through BB, so they don't have your $.  Has anyone confirmed whether AT&T is refusing to cancel pre-orders?  If not, that is the difference.  In business cash is king.  Sprint has our cash and is refusing to refund it because they are in trouble and need it to float operations (this could also be why the decided to move forward with pre-orders), or they are simply sitting on the $ collecting interest.  It doesn't matter whether Sprint knew or should have known, or whether they had any control over the delay.  The point is that they are not doing the right thing for their customers at this point, which is to allow cancellation for those that want to go that route.

Journeyman

This sucks for me sooo much. I have been hanging on to a very busted up EVO for months just to finally preorder this phone. Anytime anyone sees my phone  I have to hear a bunch of crap about my busted up POS. When I ordered my phone from telesales last week the sales rep stated that it would arrive YESTERDAY. I am now about to fly out to a client with this ugly thing. So embarrasing. Please fix this NOW.

10 Year Loyal Sprint Customer

Journeyman

Check the site you can cancel you order now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They arent refusing to cancel orders at all, they are not doing anything until after the phones arrive.  I have purchased phones through Sprint before.....I was never refunded my money until after I received the phone , sent it back, and the money was credited on the following bill.  For God's sake.......it's still the same day only a few hours after the news was released at this point.  mass hysteria and demands.  It's no wonder the whole country is in a mess financially.......everyone looking for some free handout.  people asking for 50 credits on their bill or half their money refunded as a credit.....IT'S the same day hours after the news was released. Why is anyone even calling customer service....who cares......you might not get your phone on release date.  I will reiterate this again.......I want this phone more than anyone......but it is not the first phone to ever be delayed. Frankly, I couldn't believe they started taking pre-orders on May 7th and were going to have it out to us by the 18th anyways.

Journeyman

Where on the site?  I did see another post where someone said they had success, but I wasn't totally convinced yet.  Is there something on the pre-order update page?

Journeyman

Waiting indefinitely for a phone in order to cancel is not reasonable, when you need a phone and a line of service now, and you need to use the held-up $ in order to make it happen.

Journeyman

I agree... I pre-ordered before I knew a release date.  There were rumors of May 18th, but even those were qualified with "probably more like early June" so that's what I was expecting.  When 5/18 was confirmed I was VERY suprised.  If ya wanna cancel, cancel.  I will be patient and get my cool new  phone in a week or two.  Now if the wait is much longer than that I can see a need for some sort of compensation, but there is no need to demand anything now, still 2 days from the original release date.  There is always the chance it could be resolved and we'll all be waiting on hold to activate our new Evo's this time next week. 😉

CANCEL INFO:

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/why-you-cant-cancel-your-sprint-order/

Due to the anticipated length of time for this specific issue, cancellations will now be allowed, since there is no chance that the item would still ship out and you not be billed for it (as is the usual case). But you can’t do it via general care, use the instructions below:

If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat