cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Ghosts, you're reading what I'm posting but you're not comprehending my point. Let me spell it out for you.

Sure, it smells like Apple trying to squish it's most likely competitor. BUT THAT DOES NOT EXPLAIN WHY, ON THEIR BIGGEST RELEASE OF THE YEAR, WITH A METRIC ASSTON OF FANFARE AND HYPE, KNOWING THAT THERE WAS A LEGAL RULING AGAINST THE SUPPLIER THAT COULD POTENTIALLY DISRUPT THE SUPPLY ONCE IT ARRIVED IN PORT, DID NOT HAVE A BETTER MANAGEMENT HANDLE ON THIS.

What contengincies? Like I said:

• Pre-determined cancelation policy pathway, understanding there will be a small percentage of really PO'd people or people who need to cancel.
  • Having the personell responsable for sending out email blasts to customers ready with access to the email addresses of those who pre-ordered, so that on a moments notice an email could be drafted by an exective even saying something as little as "Customs has held the shipment of the product in port, and we do not know yet how long this will take. We'll keep you posted here (link) and by email on any news that comes out". Something to alert customers to an issue instead of letting them find out from CNET and the NYT.
  • Having CSRs have some talking points and a statement from someone high up the food chain.

That's it. It would have saved them a lot of bad PR. It isn't friday yet, but this statement from HTC:

"The U.S. availability of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order," HTC said in a statement.

Unless they can get it fixed ASAP or choose to push back the national launch date until the pre-orders are filled, it's not likely going to occur any time soon. But, we're not getting any information from Sprint at all, who should be on the side of their Customers in this and, like I've said all along, providing what information they have available and not by some lowly (no offense) board admin.

Journeyman

I; like everyone else, am upset about the delay. Maybe it could have been avoided I don't know. I am not mad at Sprint and I will wait on the phone to arrive. I mean really it's just a phone folks. I am so sick and tired of all the crying about it, or I am leaving Sprint stuff. People have a lot more important things to worry about! The phone will arrive in due time. Step back and take a deep breathe and calm down. Go live you life instead of being caught up in the governments red tape!

Journeyman

I fault them for exploiting the patent system by patenting every "idea" possible.  The patent system is extremely flawed, and you can't tell me that patenting SOFTWARE, which consists of instructions to tell a computer what to do, makes any sense.  There is no inventing here - it's nothing more than ideas and concepts, which are not inventions, nor are they anyone's "intellectual" property.

arTim wrote:

How do you fault Apple for protecting their intellectual property?  As insignificant as it might seem, a court of law found that Apple owns the technology to identify certain plain text items as phone numbers or e-mail addresses and convert them into cliclable links.  HTC was found to have violated Apple's intellectual property and told to fix it months ago.  HTC knew the enforcement date was 17 Apr.  They were probably overly hopeful that no one would enforce this.  They were wrong.

Journeyman

Due to the anticipated length of time for this specific issue, cancellations will now be allowed, since there is no chance that the item would still ship out and you not be billed for it (as is the usual case). But you can’t do it via general care, use the instructions below:

If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

This is what they are saying.

Journeyman

Sprint is refusing to cancel preorders. If you call escalations, they are telling you outright that they cannot and will not cancel any preorders for the HTC EVO LTE. They even acknowledge that they are aware of the entire situation, but to wait it out. Wait for the issue to settle, then for the phone to ship, and if you want a refund, refuse delivery of the package. If nothing has been shipped, processed, or anything, what's to lose? The whole point of preordering the phone was to secure your phone when it goes on sale, or from what Sprint indicated, to attempt to give you the phone before it officially went on sale, May 18th. If Sprint can't honor any of that, they should give everyone the option to cancel their preorder. I'm not in the same group of people asking for additional compensation or any of that. There's still going to be the large majority that will keep their preorder, but still, if the 18th comes around, and nothing gets shipped, give people the option.

Journeyman

Some software patents are legit. However, Apple has taken it to the level that I would not be suprised to see a headline that says "Apple patents the arrangement of molecules to form matter, sues HTC, Samsung, Google, and 3 billion expectant mothers".

Journeyman

Easy to say, if you already have a phone and line of service.  I initiated a new line of service with this pre-ordered phone.  Therefore, I do not have a phone at all.  Shame on me for taking Sprint at its word that I would have my phone on or before 5/18.  Shame on Sprint for not allowing me to cancel my order until apparently very recently.  I spent an hour and 20 min, and went through 4 levels of escalation earlier with no luck getting a cancellation and refund.  Apparently there is an alternative process at this point, so I will try again.

Journeyman

Patenting software is technically a good idea, IF it is something truely unique. This specific patent is nothing more then bulls%$t that computers have been doiing for decades.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

In your case, that is a problem, I am sure if you contact Sprint, they may be able to work something out for you.

Journeyman

They should let you pick another phone in your case I thought that what was going on for people who did not want to wait.

Journeyman

I am disappointed that I will not be getting a new toy this Friday, but really? I totally dont get all the whining over a PHONE. I have had the Evo 4G for two years now. It is slow, it acts up and is in need of an upgrade, but my world will not stop spinning if I dont have a new device in 48 hours. Phone launches have been delayed many times over the years. Sprint, ATT and HTC knew this could be an issue, but there has been no mention of a lauch date until yesterday. The preorder language has always referenced before the national launch date. I just dont get it. The phone will be out when it is out and not a day before. If you are that reliant upon the "newest and greatest" you my consider moving to Japan where they are years ahead of us.

Journeyman

Just tried to cancel again.  The alternative process is the same # I used earlier.  No go...  I referenced these threads, and the ISN site.  They replied that they have received no official direction to process pre-orders.  This just tells me that they do in fact have the ability to do so, but are simply choosing not to.  Sprint just switched from a shovel to a backhoe, and continues to dig their hole.  Note that I do not want to pick another phone.  I decided to start a line with Sprint in order to get the Evo.  Do they really expect me to settle for another phone?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat