Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't decided if I will stay with Sprint. I have been with them since 1997. If they don't do something to officially address this situation, and soon, I am likely to leave them. They are dropping the ball and it gets worse with every passing moment.

Journeyman

The issue (for me) is one of communication and what Sprint knew or didn't know going into this epically failed launch.

First off, the big thing is that we're nearly 24 hrs into this and there's been no email from Sprint. There have apparently been official statements given to the press by both Sprint and HTC, but nothing to the people that have forked over $200 that Sprint is now sitting on. Regardless of how bureaucratic Sprint is, they could have generated an email in this time. The entire customer support/ PR organization should have been up all night on this one. Since they apparently knew this was a possibility weeks ago, they should have been prepared.

Second, it sounds like Sprint knew full well that this was a possibility since the NY Times reported that the phones have been under Customs review for a month already. Meaning Sprint organized a launch of its flagship phone and took preorders and cash for a device that was very likely going to be held up. Incredible fail.

To me, this has zero to do wtih Apple's patent fight and 100% to do with how Sprint reacts and treats its customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What if Sprint got the go from customs May 6 and then Apple padded someones pocket for a hiccup in the release. I dont know, but I do think Sprint should have sent out an email the moment they found out. It should not have been found out by customers through forums and/or blogs. Remember they did start letting the One come through customs and now the abrupt stop.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When the HTC EVO 4G LTE was approved by the FCC, why was the patent issue not addressed at this time?

I just do not understand if it had to go through approvals, why this issue was not previously addressed before it was posted and we as consumers were allowed to purchase the device as if there were no issues.  Considering the grand scale of the legal issues, it would be unreasonable that Sprint was unaware of this pending problem prior to May 15, 2012!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand your frustration, but I do feel that it's got alot to do with Apple.  Without their countless frivolous patent claims, your phone would be in your hands on Friday, and the world would be a better place knowing that fair competition, freedom of product choice, technology, progress, and the pursuit of happiness is not blocked by babies that want to whine in the courtroom instead of building more innovative products that consumers WANT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YES! now I'm stuck with my piece of crap Samsung Moment that hasn't worked properly for 6 months for yet another undisclosed amount of time. It makes me sick to my stomach that I bought my Wife the new iPhone a few months ago. The fact that I have an Apple product in my house right now really pisses me off. The fact that I’m paying Sprint a premium for 3 unlimited Data plans yet only actually get data on one of them is almost as irritating. I can’t win L

Highlighted
Journeyman

They have addressed it the phone is on hold there is nothing more to do but wait.The ATT ONE X is not being sold either it is on backorder.I have been a Sprint customer for over 15 yrs and will stay AT&T is the worst,Verizon not big where I live,T Mobile $$$ I can go down the list.For plains and phones Sprint beats them all imho.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was also not able to cancel in spite of claims to the contrary, multiple attempts, and 4 levels of escalation through Order Support.  However, since the cost of the phone was applied as a credit to our accounts, I suppose customers can just withhold payment on the next x billing cycle(s).  That way, if this does take several weeks, you have effectively given yourself an early refund.  As long as you refuse receipt or return the phone, it should work out.  I have also read that some customers are filing payment disputes with their credit card company.  This will probably be my next step.  Honestly, Sprint would have been better off just allowing cancellations.  They will either eat a ton of shipping costs, or they will be overwhelmed with the administrative burden of dealing with the payment disputes from the credit card companies.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look at this.

The cowards won't even admit the phones won't be in stores, they decline to comment.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/15/htc-one-x-and-evo-4g-lte-delayed-at-customs-due-to-itc-exclusio/

This really might be the end. I noticed Verizon's signal is getting stronger where I live.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your argument validates that Sprint most likely knew nothing of what was about to happen. The Att One made it through customs and HTC said they had worked around the patent. Now all of a sudden its delayed. Doesnt make sense that Sprint would have knowledge. This is some under handed tricery by Apple suits. Yes Sprint should have done a better job of notifying its customers and offering refunds, but it is not logical to think they had fore knowledge of this. If they did, they are the equivalent of a con artist and should be prosecuted. Thats just not the case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, I am distraught that something in the evolution in phone technologies suchs as "data tapping" needs to be patented to protect a business as big as Apple.  I hope that HTC had addressed this issue last year when they had decided to workaround or remove this and is able to get by the ITC customs block soon.  I, for one, will NOT switch to an Apple device for this.  If anything, Apple has confirmed to me that they are no longer innovators.  That had died with Steve jobs.  As a Happy HTC and Sprint customer, I paid my $115 EUF today and will not cancel my $50 Evo LTE Radio Shack preorder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple was flailing after Jobs left the first time.  I predicted their downfall would come with his death.  I think stunts like this are only the beginning.  Trying desperately to keep their stranglehold on the market.  I suspect iPhone quality will start to suffer as well. Would anyone but Jobs have had the factory completely retool just before launch because their keys scratched the screen?  They gotta pile on the money before it all goes downhill.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat