cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Wow, how much people dont actually understand how shipments come into the country. I do this everyday of my life, we have had product sitting in my warehouse for 4 week due to being put on customs hold. So in Sprints defense, they have the product and were proboly advise 3-5 days hold to clear (so it is actually under sprints roof) at that time they annouced the release date with a day or two cution. Oviously the US Govenrment got involved further, the problem is the person who knows how to actually look at what is the scandale, is in another part of the US with 3 weeks of back log. All Sprint can do is say...its comming its comming...because as soon as they get clearance it will be out of there warehouse. Next time you go to look for something new thats not on the shelf, its proboly in customs hold, and no one to blame but the government and there backwords ass procedures...

And just so you know...i bought this 10 min after it went on sale 6am on 05/07. My current EVO wont charge anymore unless i do acrobats stunts to get it in the right place, so im dying without the new phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

And that is why the phones are made in China...and will never be made anyplace else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am guessing it was not a good idea for Sprint to tell people they had the phone in the warehouse with their name on it.  One would assume it has cleared customs at that point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My favorite part of this whole thing is that now the first thing that shows up on the Sprint home page is how high their customer satisfaction is. That gave me a chuckle.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i know right ? i guess they left out they were the most improved

they went form a -10 to a  2 lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

garbage....sprint was already on the ropes, i am afraid this is the KO.  with the money they are goign to lose from people switching carriers and reinburesement they will have to pay customers (if not more people will leave), maybe the CEO should have taken a bigger pay cut, or saved it for this instead of bending over for apple.  Steve Jobs is prolly laughing with the devil right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I know this is not Sprint's fault... it's because of patents Apple owns and customs is making sure HTC is in compliance with said patents... as soon as Sprint knew the phones were held by customs and not going to reach the stores or pre-sale purchasers such as myself, they should have sent e-mails to all those that pre-ordered explaining what is going on, I'm sure there are still some that don't know about this and will be furious when their phones don't arrive Friday... the only reason I know is because I've been checking sprint.com/myorder everyday and noticed it changed from May 18th release date to just now saying they'll do their best to get pre-orders to those who bought before the general public gets their hands on them... no tracking # yet or e-mail stating the phone has shipped and is on it's way... so I come to the forums and see this... this is extremely un-professional in my opinion on Sprint's part...  I understand things like this happen but let your customers know... you got my money already, don't act like I'll still be receiving my phone when I expected to.  new customers don't have to pay the activation fee... perhaps waiving it for the patient people who pre-ordered and aren't canceling their orders could be even the least sort of apology from Sprint for not keeping their customers informed of what's going on with what they spent their money on and assume they'll be getting this week

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you research the full history, you'll see that the typical time to complete the ITC review is one to two weeks and customs has had this for a month. In Sprint's defense, they were probably being informed by HTC that the typical time to review had long passed and the phones should be released from customs any day.  I am as frustraded as you, especially given some wack job lady from Minnesota caused me to fall in the river Saturday and my original EVO is no bueno.  I think Sprint is just as confused and frustrated as we are. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well they are in some warehouse... somewhere ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

even if HTC mislead Sprint into thinking they'd be ready by the 18th... Sprint should inform their customers via e-mail or phone call to let them know... not in a forum post which not all customers access

Highlighted
Journeyman

The reason everyone is so worked up over this is because we have not been told a flat out honest statement throughout this whole preorder process.  If I would have been told the phone would not release til june 10th even after I ordered,i would have been bummed, but not too upset  its not right to announce an official launch date when it is well known that there are problems.  Someone from sprint please just give us an honest answer so we can stop having to research this whole ordeal on our own.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat