Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey look at that...

ANOUTHER update NOT from Sprint.

Why are they being so quiet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think this is the best we can ask for they are packed and ready to go.It is all up to the hearing now so we just wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think it's rediculous they won't refund money. What if they loose the hearing? It's disgusting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

"I'm standing outside Sprint Headquarters, looking for an elusive species... the rare Customer Communciation. I have a feeling this species, has gone extinct."

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

"While looking for some sign of Customer Communication, I did come across a lot of one particular item. There must have been a herd of bulls running through here, because there is bulls**t all over the place. On the walls, the celings... even in the fish tank. But still no sign of Customer Communication. Wow, this stinks. Nigel, let's cut tape for today before I vomit."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel like Eric Cartman waiting for the Wii. LOL. Disappointed the shippment is delayed. Still can not wait for this amazing device!

Highlighted
Journeyman

dudes (and also chicks) relax and read

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/ 

monday or tuesday wouldnt be so bad. right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not too concerned about the delay itself, but here's the issue:

The One X and the EVO 4g LTE (same phone) have been delayed in customs because of the infrigement on patent 647, which is the ability to hyperlink phone numbers and websites. My cousin was able to get a One X on the initial shipment of the One X and he says his phone still has the hyperlink capability. So it's obvious to me that HTC did not find a workaround for these phones. When the ITC finds that these phones are still infringing on Apple's so-called patent, will they:

a) Send the phones back for them to start over

or

b) Confirm that HTC has an OTA update in place that will remove the capability from the new phones.

Hopefully its the latter because the first would delay our phones for months, and I would definitely be expecting a refund if that happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i just posted that lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, my card was charged $242 and some change yesterday, the phone has not been shipped, and I need to wait until next weeks hearing to find out if they will even ship soon. This is absolutely ridiculous. I received a PM from a Sprint employee at 11 am this morning after voicing my opinion on not being able to cancel my pre-order. I replied to him promptly, but I still have not received a reply. So here I am, without a reliable phone, Sprint has my money so I can't even go out and get one, and I've never actually received a message from Sprint. What kind of customer service is that? People can call me a whiner all they want, but I need a phone. I ordered this one because it looked like a great device, and I was supposed to get it THIS WEEK. Come to find out, it's going to be maybe sometime next week, if all goes according to plan. Then, I get to refuse delivery or if I'm not at home to do so, contact Sprint, wait for a return kit, then send the phone back, then wait for them to process it before they refund my money. This could potentially take a few weeks. I am NOT a happy person right now. I'm not looking for something free, I just want to cancel my order and get my money back. That's it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad I discovered insidesprintnow. It's the only source of customer communication between Sprint and us that I believe to be credible. Even though they blew it with possiblity of cancelling our pre-order (I tried because of an unknown time frame and wanting my $200 back) I'm optimistic enough to believe that HTC got their $hiT together and scheduled a hearing tomorrow with ITC/Customs and get these damn things on UPS 767's and into Brown Trucks and start getting them onto our doorsteps on MONDAY!

But I do say this with cautious optimism...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think an email or text message is an unreasonable expectation for customers that preordered/paid for the device!  Have you ever been 40 seconds late sending in a payment.. You get an instant text message from the good folks in billing!! Frankly, I could care less why or whose to blame.. My concern is the lack of customer service by way of getting in front of this and merely informing us about the situation!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

the issues is gone, we have it in the xda forum we have sense 4, the issue is gone already

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat