Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

The work around from the sources I read is fixed. It is not that it can't hyperlink, it's that a menu cannot pop up a menu to give you decisions of what command you want to do. In other words you can still tap on a hyperlink phone number and it take you to dailer, but it cant give you a menu to ask which dialer. But thats just what I read.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ashlee4303 wrote:

Well, my card was charged $242 and some change yesterday, the phone has not been shipped, and I need to wait until next weeks hearing to find out if they will even ship soon. This is absolutely ridiculous. I received a PM from a Sprint employee at 11 am this morning after voicing my opinion on not being able to cancel my pre-order. I replied to him promptly, but I still have not received a reply. So here I am, without a reliable phone, Sprint has my money so I can't even go out and get one, and I've never actually received a message from Sprint. What kind of customer service is that? People can call me a whiner all they want, but I need a phone. I ordered this one because it looked like a great device, and I was supposed to get it THIS WEEK. Come to find out, it's going to be maybe sometime next week, if all goes according to plan. Then, I get to refuse delivery or if I'm not at home to do so, contact Sprint, wait for a return kit, then send the phone back, then wait for them to process it before they refund my money. This could potentially take a few weeks. I am NOT a happy person right now. I'm not looking for something free, I just want to cancel my order and get my money back. That's it.

I agree with you 100%...I don't want anything free, but I do want my money back if this thing goes longer than two weeks! Why did you have to pay $242, mine was only $213 on sprint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

The hearing is this week. It should ship early next week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cool, I'll check it out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you referring to phone dialer or Google dialer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That was just an example. What I mean is that when you click on the hyperlink, apple pops up a menu that lets you choose say email number, dial number, add number to contact, etc. HTC cannot have a menu. When you touch on the hyperlink, it only does one command such as directing you straight to dialer. Its crazy I know, but It is what it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in California, we're one of four states where the tax is calculated on the full price of the phone instead of the subsidized price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years now, and I still prefer to deal with Sprint than any of the other carriers especially AT&T and that rotten Apple! Now I got one more reason to hate Apple for... yeay! This is why I don't owe anything that comes from that rotten tree. I'll keep waiting patiently for my EVO 4G LTE until it comes. Hopefully this will get resolved soon as I've been stuck with my ancient Samsung Moment for not a moment but for a very long time. I desperately need my upgrade thank you very much! Sprint, a little email would've been nice to use ancient customers that have stuck with you for ages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If they loose HTC will have to patch the software after the phones are shipped if not they will ship asap.That's it we still get the phone sooner or later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ahhhhh...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Moment too and that's why I'm waiting. I've had it for a long time now so I guess alittle bit longer wont hurt. I do blame Apple though. They are hurting from all the competition, their lawsuits and them being banned around the World. I guess they have to fuss over something so small. I'm sorry but you KNOW they have stole SEVERAL ideas from others to keep up

Highlighted
Journeyman

WOOOOWWW!!!! So what's the big deal? My original EVO doesn't even do that, when I click a number in a website it takes me directly into the dialer, there's no menu.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat