Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

Philip, nope.  No communication of any kind.  It's amazing to me how corporations can be so utterly stupid about damage control.  There are some VERY simple things that could be been done to make Sprint customer care folks' lives easier, as well as give us some substantive "warm and fuzzy" support about this.

Yes, this is not hunger in Darfur.  But that doesn't mean that they should just diss the entire EVO LTE community even before the phone is out.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

$15 doesn't even cover the activation fee. Such a slap in the face to customers, especially 10+ year customers like myself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well what is amazing to me is that a SPRINT REP is not in this chat thread right now trying to ..... steer this train wreak!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

ltedealbreaker wrote:

Let's all just boycott Apple lol

I wonder if there is some contractual clause for breach of contract brought on through interference with ongoing business operations/obligations in the Sprint/Apple deal for $15.5B in iPhones

Highlighted
Journeyman

rockwell3811 wrote:

You're right, actually if I think back on it my first HTC (Mogul) phone did it.

Of course it's about market share and not patents!

I still have a mogul in my graveyard of old smartphones... I think Apple would balk at the idea of publicly acknowledging their anti-competive and frivolous litigatory practices, not to mention that they have "borrowed/stole/improved upon" existing technology from smartphones that pre-date their foray into the field.  The only thing they innovated was adding a phone radio to a media device (and even then there are prior implementations)

Highlighted
Journeyman

You honestly couldn't find the complaint in that post?!  Let me spell it out for you...  I don't have a phone or line of service.  Sprint should not have taken my $ for a preorder until they were sure the phones were past customs, and they should not have communicated a launch date without being sure.  Now they are refusing to process pre-shipping cancellations, which leaves me high and dry without service or a phone, and without the $ to start service/buy a phone with another carrier.  Arguments have been made that AT&T is in the same situation, but I have not heard anyone confirm that AT&T is refusing its customers immediate cancellation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is unfathomable that Sprint has not done anything for damage control.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sure there will be a set policy in place for cancelling this pre-order by this weekend.  Am I the only one who finds it ludicrous to pre-cancel a pre-order?  we can't officially complain about product shipment delays as a reason for cancellation until (the shipment date) May 18th has passed. Technically it has been shipped already, but cannot be shipped further until it is cleared through customs.

OrogenousZones wrote:

Does anyone at Sprint realize how utterly ludicrous the following sounds?

We cannot cancel your pre-order, so please wait for the phone to arrive and refuse delivery.

Does anyone at Sprint understand that the reason why we want to cancel our pre-orders is because of the delay?  What's the point of cancelling once the phone arrives?  And how can you not be able to cancel orders for things that are not even in your warehouses?

I want to cancel NOW because I want to switch to a phone that is available NOW.  I have been with Sprint since 1998 or 1999.  That essentially means that, in cell phone carrier loyalty terms, I have been with Sprint since a few years after the Big Bang.  I expect flexibility from my cell service provider.

We all realize this is not caused by Sprint.  But you essentially own this issue because you have our money, you have our upgrade contracts in hand, and all you are doing is causing a bunch of ILL WILL from your customers.  This is extremely shortsighted, and we will not forget this come contract renewal time, even if it is 2 years from 5/7/2012!!!!!

I want to cancel my order, and I do not accept reasons for that not being possible.  Here is a way that this can be accomplished:

1. Open up the upgrade ability for people who pre-ordered the EVO LTE.

2. Accept upgrade orders for other phones.

3. If you really can't cancel the shipment of the EVO LTE, then give us 2-3 weeks to return them when they DO show up.

3.a  If we don't return then, then charge us $700 or whatever the non-upgrade price is.

How hard can that be???

Highlighted
Journeyman

" I don't recall Sprint nor any carrier/company ever stating that they actaully have a product in their warehouse during a pre-order.  If that were the case, then they wouldn't be offering a PRE-order, people would just be able to order it.  A pre-order is more or less a guarantee at first dibs on an upcoming product when it is available. clearly due to unforseen delays, this may not happen on friday."

You can't be serious...  The first notification I received from Sprint after my pre-order processed said "your shiny new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE is waiting in our warehouse with your name on it."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sure the only reason they will not refund now is because once they ship it to you, they will have no where near the refunds to give once people start recieving them. A lot of people will recieve the phone in the mail and change their mind to return it. Either because they don't want to wait no longer or just to busy at that point to send it back. It's always about the money. If they refund before shipping, they will probroly have double the refunds to pay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's a solution to the clusterf**k that has arisen: 1) HTC can offer a voucher for a free case(s) and/or other HTC accessories. 2) Sprint can waive their $36 "activation fee" or offer cases/accessories in lieu of this mother of all f**k up's.

One way or another, we're out $200+ and there's no way of getting that back via a refund and we're still left hanging without an "official" appology or word of any compensation or new expected delivery date. The ball is in your court Sprint. Your customers are seething with rage. Clock is running...tick tock.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's a solution to the clusterf**k that has arisen: 1) HTC can offer a voucher for a free case(s) and/or other HTC accessories. 2) Sprint can waive their $36 "activation fee" or offer cases/accessories in lieu of this mother of all f**k up's.

One way or another, we're out $200+ and there's no way of getting that back via a refund and we're still left hanging without an "official" appology or word of any compensation or new expected delivery date. The ball is in your court Sprint. Your customers are seething with rage. Clock is running...tick tock.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat