cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Well I am glad you are only going to say it once.  Actually, I agree with your entire post with the exception of "this is not the fault of HTC or Sprint."  I simply can't get behind that statement.  I am willing to concede that this issue starts with Apple and our broken patent system, which allows frivolous claims, and fails to protect legitimate innovation and design from smaller venues.  I will also concede that US customs has spent an inordinate amount of time reviewing these units, and that HTC and Sprint probably never expected that this would happen.  However, it was their responsibility to recognize that the potential existed, and therefore pre-orders should not have been taken, a launch date should not have been communicated, and/or $ should not have been taken until orders were shipped.  Sprint is now also at fault for not communicating, and for not allowing customers to cancel prior to receipt of the phones.  When will people learn that bad news does not get better with age? 

GameMasterZephyr wrote:

I am just going to say this once... and hopefully people will listen.

This is not the fault of HTC or Sprint.

This is firstly a failure of the current patent system this country has and worldwide to a larger extent... especially when it comes to matters related to software. Software or methods to accomplish something in software should NEVER be a patentable point. Call your legislators to support a full rewrite of the patent system and this includes removing many or all current patents especially regarding software.

Secondly and more importantly... this is the fault of Apple whom has continously demonstrated themselves to be a predatory company that is attempting to shut down all of their competition. For all of the grieft Microsoft has gotten it still surprises me to this day why the same attention was never given to Apple when they have been far more damaging, controlling, and destructive of competition. Sprint should be ashamed of that "deal" they made with Apple that is so obivously bad for them from a business stand point and in fact it is Apple whom has now demostrated actively working AGAINST the best interests of Spring as a company. Sprint, the employees, the executives, and the share holders need to realize what has and is happening.

Today has marked a rare occasion for me... previously I was largely indifferent to Apple, merely perferring other products over theirs. Today I am now against Apple as a company and will now actively work against their products. There is a saying... nothing lasts forever and the bigger they are the harder the fall. One day... maybe not today, this month, or this year... but one day they too will come to pass. Such is any "Bubble" company mostly reliant on their "image" to be successful... and they are not the only ones.

I will continue to monitor this and hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later if at all. I will not cancel my preorder for the Evo 4G LTE to upgrade my original EVO 4G and I do not fault Sprint or HTC for this situation. This is everything to do with Apple's interference... and I will be communicating this with my locale Sprint store about my displeasure of them carrying Apple products and will urge them to discontinue supporting them.

Good Night and good luck!

The GameMaster.

Journeyman

You are right but you know why they make small improvements on their products ...because isheep will buy a rubber donut from them no question asked! They make a mint from the overpriced junk and laugh all the way to the bank.

Journeyman

why are you posting crap like that on here????

Journeyman

The phones are at a werehouse and pre order ones at the distrobution center in KY but can't be released because of the injunction. Until then they sit. http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/why-you-cant-cancel-your-sprint-order/

Journeyman

Because it is true that's why in a response to a post...

Journeyman

Let's just hope that Apple's iPeriod ends soon and then they can change their iPad and start playing nice again.  With Jobs gone they will falter like the last time they lost him...

Journeyman

LMAO THAT IS SO FUNNY IM STILL LAUGHING!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just so everyone knows looks like HTC did change the OS to comply.  Makes this whole mess seem rather worthless.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/16/3024889/htc-one-x-evo-4g-lte-custom-android-build-apple-patent-lin...

Journeyman

Oh that too funny!!!!!!

Journeyman

Yes it is but they got what they wanted total disruption !

Journeyman

i have sense 4.0 on my evo 3d and the infringment is gone, so there shouldn't be an issue at the hearing!

Journeyman

Inadequate products from Apple??  Are you buying cheap knock-offs in China?  And on my iPad, I was able to like, and more importantly UNLIKE, your posting.  What a bizarre posting!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat