cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

If you buy the Evo, do so knowing the last two parts of its name are more a promise than a reality, and they might be a promise you wait a while for.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/05/16/apple-spoils-htc-one-x-evo-4g-lte-release-party-in-us/?utm...

Journeyman

Well the hearing is the end of this week,either way the phone will be released with a patch or not.Just not Friday!

Journeyman

Zones, that was cute but:

1) Why would you like my comment just to unlike it...and my post was bizarre?

2) you're defending the same company that has you here posting like the rest of us? Bizarre!

3) Yes...compared to the Android OS, Apple is inadequate and inferior!

Wizard

Timbx wrote:

Well the hearing is the end of this week,either way the phone will be released with a patch or not.Just not Friday!

That would be the 4G, not when it eventually is released!

Wizard

GameMasterZephyr wrote:

I am just going to say this once... and hopefully people will listen.

This is not the fault of HTC or Sprint.

This is firstly a failure of the current patent system this country has and worldwide to a larger extent... especially when it comes to matters related to software. Software or methods to accomplish something in software should NEVER be a patentable point. Call your legislators to support a full rewrite of the patent system and this includes removing many or all current patents especially regarding software.

Secondly and more importantly... this is the fault of Apple whom has continously demonstrated themselves to be a predatory company that is attempting to shut down all of their competition. For all of the grieft Microsoft has gotten it still surprises me to this day why the same attention was never given to Apple when they have been far more damaging, controlling, and destructive of competition. Sprint should be ashamed of that "deal" they made with Apple that is so obivously bad for them from a business stand point and in fact it is Apple whom has now demostrated actively working AGAINST the best interests of Spring as a company. Sprint, the employees, the executives, and the share holders need to realize what has and is happening.

Today has marked a rare occasion for me... previously I was largely indifferent to Apple, merely perferring other products over theirs. Today I am now against Apple as a company and will now actively work against their products. There is a saying... nothing lasts forever and the bigger they are the harder the fall. One day... maybe not today, this month, or this year... but one day they too will come to pass. Such is any "Bubble" company mostly reliant on their "image" to be successful... and they are not the only ones.

I will continue to monitor this and hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later if at all. I will not cancel my preorder for the Evo 4G LTE to upgrade my original EVO 4G and I do not fault Sprint or HTC for this situation. This is everything to do with Apple's interference... and I will be communicating this with my locale Sprint store about my displeasure of them carrying Apple products and will urge them to discontinue supporting them.

Good Night and good luck!

The GameMaster.

That all sounds swell but Sprint has already committed to selling millions of iPhones. Knock yourself out communicating your thoughts with Sprint or better yet, save your breath!

Journeyman

This is very disappointing.  I'm furious at Apple for this move...extremely bad form Apple - and I was going to buy an iPad 3,  no longer.  I'll go without.

Sprint - you have $199 of my money....what the hell!  How could you not know that this could be a risk.

yes, the blowback is coming.

Journeyman

good one!!!

Journeyman

I just want my phone before I move into my new house on the 23rd, or someone is getting a new phone at my expense...

Journeyman

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray Customs my phone to keep.

If this is resolved before I wake,

I pray UPS my phone to take...

Journeyman
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed, that would be nice for upgrades as well.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat