Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

Strange...  Most people in these forums did receive the email from Sprint.  It didn't say anything we didn't already know, but it was communication from Sprint for those people that had not yet discovered that the release date was delayed.  Did you order directly from Sprint?

Journeyman

ordered straight through sprint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

I pre-ordered from Sprint several weeks ago and have been so excited for the arrival! I have the EVO 4G and love it.

I DID get an email a couple days before the 18th from Sprint warning of delay.

NO ONE can know what Customs will do! We import yarn from Taiwan and things get held up for the oddest reasons.

Some of the articles about this "delay" make me very suspicious of Apple's part in this! They do not want the new Android phones on the market!

Read this one:

It’s interesting that this ITC ruling in Apple’s favor, now nearly five months old, is being enacted just as two major Android devices have hit the market.
  It’s also notable that other, lower-profile HTC phones like T-Mobile’s
HTC One S haven’t been affected.
Consider that T-Mobile is the only major US carrier to go without the iPhone. Of course that’s merely speculation.
Wink wink.

http://androidcommunity.com/its-official-htc-evo-4g-lte-delayed-due-to-itc-investigation-20120516/

Highlighted
Journeyman

On 5/11 I pre-ordered from the company (Simplexity --- cellstores.com) that handles SamsClub's phones/carriers for $149.74 plus a $50 Google Wallet credit.  They don't charge until the phone ships and I can cancel anytime before it ships with a simple click on "Cancel".  At the time they were also showing the launch date of 5/18.  I started checking the status of my order on the 16th and quickly discovered all this chaos. The website from which I ordered quickly changed the availability of this phone to "2 - 3 weeks".  I'm still contract-free with AT&T for so many years I'm ashamed to admit!  Let's just say my first phone was the size of a brick and the carrier was then named Southwestern Bell Mobile before it was even Cingular. So, now you know I'm ancient and slow to change.  I researched and deliberated REALLY long and hard when I chose our precious EVO 4G LTE with Sprint for my new carrier.  This was a carefully deliberated decision and this whole predicament is devastating!!!  I must have the new phone and service set up by June 20th. Long story, but I'll need it to monitor my home security system and other stuff while away.  Apple has always been too proprietary for my taste, but since learning of this debacle, I more than ever find Apple despicable and want to fervently rally behind HTC. From my vantage, maybe because it doesn't yet have any of my money and owes me no communication,  I sympathize with Sprint who got caught in the middle of a huge mess. I certainly hope we get good news this coming week (Telling Mom "next week" on ISN late last night gives me hope).   These guys pretty much sum up my feelings about the evil Apple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzFTTfRhDc&feature=related (Note how long ago this video was posted!)   Note to DRUDING --- I think it came out earlier in the forums that T-Mobile is now also getting hit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Welcome to the party pal ! I have been saying this about Apple for sometime now.There is a "Tech Guy" that runs a podcast who never seen an Apple product he didn't like ,who I can't watch anymore because of his bias for Apple.It is wrong to strong arm carriers and competitors but they get away with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Could it be possible some of the CSRs STILL don't know what's going on? I called Sprint about an hour ago because I was curious about the shipping method that will be used when the phones finally DO ship. (Overnight? Second day? Ground?) Anyway, the CSR said she would check my order number. When she came back to the phone she said she was waiting for a supervisor to come help find my shipping info since the phones had been released yesterday!!!

Of course when the supervisor finally came by the CSR fell into the "Phones have been held up in customs" speech. Is that crazy or what??? By the way, she also told me Sprint uses both UPS AND Fedex. Does anybody actually know what shipping method will be used for the "free shipping" that came with the online orders?

Based on this conversation I thought I was confused before...now I'm not sure if they'll ship UPS, Fedex, or wagon train...

By the way, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if Sprint, Verizon, & ATT, and any other carriers that sell both HTC and Apple could set aside their competition just long enough to band together and call Apple & tell them to back off. Yeah, I know, that'll never happen...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm assuming UPS will be delivering, I very much.prefer UPS over fedex, fedex here in Hawaii is a god Dang joke.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't blame the weekend crew they know not what they do...In the past they have used Fedex but since they have a three day window I think it may be UPS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Timbx wrote:

Don't blame the weekend crew they know not what they do...In the past they have used Fedex but since they have a three day window I think it may be UPS.

Yeah, you're probably right about UPS. The CSR said once shipping begins (Whenever THAT is) shipping time would probably be 2-3 days.

Highlighted
Patron

I was told that the shipping canister that was use to ship the HTC phones were confiscated by US customers.  That why we don't have our new phones. I was told this when I inquired how come I didn't receive my pre order htc evo 4g lte phone before Friday the 18th of may...

Highlighted
Patron

555LightEvo is correct with his message.. Read it was sent to all of us who preorder the HTC evo 4g lte and HTC One.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple is a big bully & instead of being innovative, they try to crush the competition by blocking sales. So much for free market. No matter what happens with this, there is one reason why I will never go to the dark side of an iPhone, simply it cannot support Flash! Maybe if Apple worked on that huge issue, then they wouldn't be so threatened by Android. Sprint should drop Apple & their mp3 players with crappy phones service add on & see how fast Apple stops interfering with their sales cuz then it won't affect them, just like they left TMobile alone. This really has nothing to do with using a minor patent that they didn't create anyway. It's Greed! Apple makes Bill Gates Microsoft seem so gentle. The roles have reversed! Shame on Apple! Cuz of u, we cannot simply own a phone. Ur minor patent has no bearing on why we want that phone in the first place!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat