cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Hopefully, we will get better news on Monday ......http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2012/05/21/2003533313

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just read this it could all be over soon hope to get that email saying "Shipped" !

Home / Business
Mon, May 21, 2012 - Page 12

HTC smartphones clear US customs despite ban

FAST PASSAGE:HTC’s phones were expected to languish in customs for up to three weeks, but their rapid clearance bodes well for the firm’s bottom line

By Lisa Wang  /  Staff reporter

In a twist to the US’ import ban on various HTC Corp (宏達電) smartphones, the company yesterday said some of its products blocked by US customs because of patent-infringement concerns had been allowed to enter the US market after passing the customs’ review.

“Some of our products have passed the review and have been delivered to our telecoms operators’ clients in the US,” HTC said in a statement submitted to the Taiwan Stock Exchange yesterday.

The Taoyuan-based handset maker’s statement came after two of its flagship mobile phones, HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE, were prevented by US customs from entering the country after the US International Trade Commission ruled late last year that HTC had infringed on a crucial patent held by Apple Inc.

“The company is closely working with the US customs to speed up the review,” HTC said in the statement. “The company is confident that the problem will be resolved soon.”

The US customs’ review went faster than a possible three-week examination estimated by Jeff Pu (蒲得宇), who tracks the handset industry for Fubon Securities (富邦證券), and that means the ban could have less impact on HTC’s revenue this quarter.

Originally, Pu expected US customs could spend up to three weeks checking HTC’s products, resulting in a reduction of 10 to 15 percent in the company’s revenue this quarter.

HTC, the world’s No. 5 smartphone maker, told investors last month that it expected revenue to grow 55 percent quarterly to NT$105 billion (US$3.55 billion) this quarter, recovering from a product transition period.

Last quarter, HTC’s shipments dropped 17 percent to 7.68 million units, compared with 9.3 million units in the previous year, because of competition from Apple Inc and Samsung, according to market researcher Gartner Inc’s statistics.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read that they passes customs. IS THIS TRUEEEEEEEE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Never mind, the guy above that post read the same thing I did.!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can we get some word from Sprint? They are going to be the ones that we need to be concerned with. When will they recieve them before we do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets hope for Monday that would keep the 23rd launch day intact.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As I've read all the forums regarding this delay (in an effort to pass time), I've seen the Apple Apologists put in their two cents worth about how this is not Apple's fault. You know what? At this point it doesn't matter. This has been a lose-lose situation for both Sprint, HTC AND Apple. I have seven devices on my Sprint account and every single one is an Android. We also own a Moto Xoom. The kicker is this: we also have Apple products as I'm sure many of you do.

This is what I'm going to do as a result of this "engineered annoyance" (now that it seems the Customs' ban is being lifted): I'm done with Apple. No more flirting with buying an iPad 3. I'm looking into getting rid of iTunes. Right now I used the excellent Tuneup Companion which seems to be joined at the hip with iTunes. Another hangup might be the lack of being able to update the vast library of apps that I have on my iPad and Touch (4g) iPod. So if i can't get rid of the noxious iTunes, I can at least take my business elsewhere. My music is in the Cloud courtesy of Google Music. For music purchases and steaming I've used Rhapsody for the last seven years. And there's one more thing: the Apple "look and feel" they are so proud of. Both of my iDevices are jailbroken and I'm going to do my very best to change that Jobsian look and feel for anything but! Cydia is my best friend and those devlopers will get any iDevice app store money!

I am starting an Android Users' Group at work in the next couple of weeks. As to any Apple questions I encounter? I'll send them to the famous "Genius Bar". Get an appointment, baby!

Journeyman

Welcome to the club I did that years ago.An Android Transformer tablet and phones all work together for me.Even if Apple dropped there price by 50-75% (and you can forget about that) I would not buy .

Highlighted
Journeyman

From the beginning, I really have not blamed Sprint for the hold up, though yes, they could of handled it better. Maybe by sending more than one e-mail however, at the same time, I do feel for them because they are getting a huge blow from all of this. Not just people canceling orders of the EVO but remember, they do sell Apple products too. With that said, they are going to get hit hard from both ends. I do, at the least, have to applaud them for being the only carrier left with unlimited plans, not too bad of prices, and offering not too bad of a selection of phones. Also I know MANY of you, myself included, has been late on a payment or two and needed help. They will extend your bill date if needed or work payment plans out with you. Their customer service is one of the best I have seen and with all of that said, I am a 9 year customer and I am very satisfied with Sprint and expect nothing at all from this except maybe a "sorry (In Care Of Apple and HTC) for your wait and please enjoy your new phone".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had 4 Iphone 4s on my account and I also own a ipad. I have been enjoying using both ios and anroid. I recently sold my iphone 4s to add a evo 4g lte as my handset yet 3 other iphones remained on my account. Because of this customs hold I have decided to give up everything apple and I will never return. All 3 iphones and my ipad are currently on ebay and will be replaced with android phones and tablets. Apple might have thought they were getting away with annoying HTC but in the end it is going to bite them in the ass just as hard. Do they not realize the same people that buy these htc phones also tend to buy some of Apples products too? Well no more for me, because of this Apple will never get another penny from me. Good job Apple you are now with one less customer and after reading around a bit I see I am only one of many.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just an observation...  I had been seeing AT&T HTC One X commercials on ABC Family channel constently until the customs delay.  From 5/12 - 5/19 I didn't see even one commercial for the One X.  Well, about 5 minutes ago while my kids were watching Harry Potter for the 5 millionth time, I saw a HTC One X commercial on ABC Family.  Hopefully this means they are expecting phones soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bingo!Soon real soon...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat