cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Probably unhappy with the info being leaked. I wouldnt be using them as a source if Sprint would just tell us more about what is going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well given the fact I own an iMac, iPad, and iTouch, that is why I avoided the iphone. I have had my Evo for over a year and a half and this is the longest I have ever been happy with a phone.  So, believe me the thought of choosing iPhone over the next Evo is not easy, but this delay has put a sour taste in my mouth. Not so much for the anticipation of the phone, but for the lack of communication and fees incurred to receive the new phone. I have seen two other on-line offers from other sources offering a $50 discount and/or gift card with purchase, yet Sprint has offered no discount. I understand everyone is trying to make a buck, but there is too much competition to be jumping the gun with the pre-order, then delay, without some kind of compensation for those waiting patiently. I am sure once I have the new EVO, my world will be peaceful again, but Sprint really needs to give us some idea. Even if they say two weeks from now, so if it passes "customs" sooner, then great, I will be excited it arrived before the expected date.  But, at the moment, it feels like eternity.    What has this world come to that I cannot wait for a phone?? ugh! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

A lack of information from Sprint is not surprising.  However, lack of updates from ISN is strange.  If the Evo had been cleared by customs, there should be no reason for them not to be shipping and updating.  The lack of updates from ISN has me concerned that Sprint knows the delay could be extended, and are being very tight lipped (even internally), for fear that ISN will drop the bomb, and cause a mass exodus.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Follow isn on twitter...Neo just said Corpsec(aka higher ups) have made small changes to the way they are sharing information internally. So your assumption may be correct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I let that pass LOL... Really!!! Anything but an Iphone !

Highlighted
Journeyman

So will you stay on Sprint for the new Iphone 5???  What's the point if you are mad at Sprint?  And you are going to be waiting a really long time for the iphone 5.  What is waiting a week or two (it's only been 3 days late so far of the expected launch  date by the way, everyone acts likes it's been 3 months).  I just can't imagine a decision between an Apple and an Android phone, they are worlds apart.  If you leave your EVO for an iphone you are going to be Very disappointed.   Cellphones are nothing like the Ipad, mac, etc when it  comes to customizing and FUN!!    Again I can see deciding between HTC and Samsung, but Apple is not an Android at all.   Plus Apple is the devil, LOL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is really frustrating, no update at all... this is HORRIBLE customer service, they should have a daily update stating one way or the other...this is really ridiculous....the company has has service with sprint for over 10 years and this is bad!

Sprint needs to update us...no news frustrates people!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You make a very compelling argument.  Maybe I am just overanxious to have a new toy, so I am finding an excuse to move on to the next thing.  You are right, I have not given into the iPhone thus far and have been completely happy with my EVO, so thank you for guiding me to the Android light. I will remain patient and hope my new EVO will perform as you have so pointed out.    But I would still like the activation fee waived.  Just saying!   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understanding it's frustrating but if they have no news what does it do to have a daily update telling you nothing! The only news would be the phones are being shipped that's it that's all I want to hear.Or do you want them to just say something and then find out it was wrong ,kind of what Best Buy did last week and then backtrack.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like them to say

***UPDATE 05.21.2012***

please be patient and be aware that Sprint is still doing all they can to get you your phone as soon as we can. We value you as a customer and we will continue to update you everyday till we you get your phone..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has gotten some Evos through customs but not all according to ISN on twitter. He will be updating blog with info shortly

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE: Some of our EVOs have cleared customs, but not entire shipment. Updating blog w/details in the next few minutes.

From INSIDER SPRINT NOW'S TWEET SECTION

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat