cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

I actually got both The OG Evo and 3D around the same week (i know a little late) but the 3D was my daily and fell in love with HTC all over again (owned the Hero). There is no comparing the two OSs and or devices.I would not switch over to an iphone if it were given to me 4 free right now. Even after all this crap with Sprint/Customs/HTC/Apple i will wait as long as it takes for my LTEvo! No more unofficial ICS roms on my E3D!!!

Journeyman

If they put out an White Evo 4G LTE out at the same time as the black one I'll take that as a reward for waiting or a Red and black one I would like too I mean a lot more red then it has now

Journeyman

Information like this just doesn't make sense to me.  This is similar to the HTC quotes in several articles.  Why would some clear, but not all?  They are supposedly approving by model.  If the model has been cleared, what is the issue?!?  We have been joking about this, but it really does seem like they are verifying each device.  That seems totally unbelievable.  Someone please help my understand this.

El_Bello wrote:

UPDATE: Some of our EVOs have cleared customs, but not entire shipment. Updating blog w/details in the next few minutes.

From INSIDER SPRINT NOW'S TWEET SECTION

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

I would surmise they are not specifically validating each and every device but they may have to verify the item in the package is indeed one of the subject models. Meaning they cannot simply assume an item in the box exactly matches the compliant model.  Of course this my opinion and do not have evidence.  A stipulation of the ITC mandate to ensure everything is compliance.

"Due diligence" is perhaps a better word. Or bureaucracy.

Journeyman

Doctechx wrote:

Information like this just doesn't make sense to me.  This is similar to the HTC quotes in several articles.  Why would some clear, but not all?  They are supposedly approving by model.  If the model has been cleared, what is the issue?!?  We have been joking about this, but it really does seem like they are verifying each device.  That seems totally unbelievable.  Someone please help my understand this.

It's been a while since I've had to deal with International electronic freight, but perhaps it has to do with the way the shipment was packed.  Things are tracked as in ship->container->crate->pallet->pack->item and so on.  If HTC assumed these would have had no issues coming into the company it is possible they sent them over in mixed pallets or packs (Tmobile or AT&T models in same container or pallet), in which case -- you crack one section open, you have to verify the whole thing,  you hold one section you hold the whole thing.  So container A = all LTE, no problem cleared ready to ship, container B = mixed pallet, set aside awaiting verification instructions on the other models present.

Just a hunch/guess from previous logistics work, and no, there is no way customs is opening every phone, I do not even know how people can find that plausible.

Update from ISN supposedly coming, why not just wait before everyone panics further?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Tell it to Doc, I'm golden over here.

Journeyman

OH HEY, GUESS WHAT. EVVVVOOOOSSS AARRREEEE SHIIIIPPPPPIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Journeyman

Oh the horror of waiting another 15 minutes, some of you would lose your minds if you ever had to deal with this stuff for a living.

"**UPDATE** JUST GOT NOTICE THAT THEY FINISHED AS OF A FEW MINUTES AGO, AND DEVICES ARE NOW SHIPPING. NEW POST COMING WITH DETAILS. "

Journeyman

EVOS ARE SHIPPINGGGG YOU GUYSSSS http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/htc-evo-4g-ltes-cleared-shipping/ DUE HERE BY THE 24TH!

Journeyman

I am not getting excited until I receive that Sprint email stating "your EVO has been shipped" and even then it will be nail biting until the device is in my hands.  Ok...I lied...I am getting excited!! 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat