cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

I fail to see the correlation.  The phones are already packed for shipping.  If anything, they have fewer phones to sort for shipping.  If they haven't already pulled the cancellations, they shouldn't be trying to do it now.  That's why they had the caveat in the cancellation policy indicating that you may still receive the device, and the shipment should be refused, or return kit requested.

Jep_Magnum wrote:

I just got ooff the phone with CS.  They relayed that the is a slight delay due to order cancellations and having to manually pull the cancelled orders out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. I spoke with Jessica in CS and she said that orders 'should be shipped BY the 24th." I asked her to clarify since the website says received on or before 24th. She said that the "labels are being attached to the phones today and tomorrow and shipped Thursday". So much for picked and packed last week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That would suck for me...  I had it shipped to my office so it wasn't sitting on my door step all day.  My office is closed Friday and Monday.  No deliveries will be received.... 

FYI, I also spoke with "Jessica" today. lol  What are the odds... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hah, the person I spoke with in chat today was named Jessica. I think the odds are pretty good

Highlighted
Journeyman

wow! As a CSR my self i understand the odds of that happening is actually high. most CSR's are FEMALE. BTW I DONT WORK FOR SPRINT! you do have to figure that there will be alot of wrong info passed and it is the biggest thing we fight against is OUR CSR's giving wrong info but honestly some CSR's dont care what it takes to get customers off the phone.

Journeyman

I hope that is CS speak they should have been labeled by now or at least some of them. They should get them out tomorrow . *Crossing fingers*

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suspect that "Jessica" is really "Peggy" from the Discover Card commercials.

Gotta have a sense of humor...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I have spoke with Jessica a couple of times since late late last night to just about 15 mins ago. I dont think "jessica" works about 18 hours in a row but either way, unfortunately I just don't think we are going to know from CS or anyone else until we start getting emails. I am sure they are told not speak of it other than "check you status in 24 hours" or they are not told themselves. It has got to the point where when it happens, it happens and if they don't ship until the 24th, that sucks because Sunday they don't deliver and Monday is a holiday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I bet she is I always get her...LMAO

I just talked to her like 5minutes ago:

Jessica: Great news! The HTC EVO 4G LTE devices have cleared US Customs and the pre-orders are currently at the warehouse being prepared to ship out. You can expect to receive your order on or around May 24th. You will receivean email as soon as your order has shipped out. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding throughout this matter.
Jessica: I would recommend checking back in 24 hours for any updated information.
You can check your order status onwww.Sprint.com/myorder and the tracking number will be there once the order has shipped out.
You: Are you sure????
Jessica: To when its shipping?
Jessica: You will get it around the 24th.
Jessica: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Yes So Around means it can come after the 24th
Jessica: That is correct.
Jessica: I can come before or around the 24th we are shipping as fast as we can.
You: Ok just wanted clarification...I'll get it when I get it i guess...Thanks!
Jessica: You will get an email when it has a tracking number.
You: Ok
Jessica: I recommend checking in back in 24hrs.
You: Thanks
Jessica: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Nope thats all have a good night!
Jessica: You to.
Jessica: Thank you for choosing Sprint.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's only one day away?

http://youtu.be/eGlx48D9DsI

Highlighted
Journeyman

With all the heat Sprint has taken over this delay (right or wrong), I can't imagine that they would update our order status indicating that we should receive our phones by 5/24, unless they were absolutely sure they could hit or beat that date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I blame Sprint for many things (network quality, dropped calls, slow data, etc), but I do not blame them for this delay or the way they are working through it. The hold up at the border was not Sprint's fault by any means. They typically have a pretty solid system when it comes to order fulfillment. Their warehouses did not have the chance to properly stage the shipments once they all flooded in at once. I'm sure their main focus now, is getting the phones on the trucks as quickly as possible, and updating tracking information later. I'd much rather my Evo be in a big brown truck with me scratching my head, than be provided a tracking number with "Shipping information received". I am pretty confidant that the majority of us get our Evo's on Thursday.

On an unrelated note.. To my friends in the Metro Chicagoland area, a little birdie told me that 4G LTE should be ready to go in a 50 mile radius of Addison, IL. I think a lot of us will be pleasantly surprised at how large the LTE install-base is once our devices go live. (Hopefully I'm right). I don't know about anyone else, but my service has been horrible lately!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat