Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Skirt just texted me, the EVO has landed I preordered online from Sprint on the 7th, and am located in MN...can't wait to get home

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wasn't BB distributing them for $50 cheaper?

Guess you get what you pay for...

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is why I ordered from Sprint no BB or Radio Shack they got me before! But check this:

New post on Inside Sprint Now

4:30PM #EVOGATE Update

by insidesprintnow

4:30PM

While nothing has been announced *yet* today officially... here's a recap of what we know for sure:

• Consumer direct pre-orders are being shipped for delivery tomorrow as we already knew (your phone is likely a few thousand feet in the air at this moment, or on the ground, depending on your location)
  • BestBuy.com began charging cards and shipping around noon today for online orders
  • We have multiple verifiable reports of 3rd parties that will be receiving stock tonight as well, but there are a couple that won't receive it until tomorrow.
  • Sprint Store pre-orders have already shipped and should have arrived today or in the AM.

With ALL of that in mind - there has still been *NOTHING* published internally as far as an official launch date. However, If I had to stake a wager - it would be that pre-orders/reservations would be able to be picked up tomorrow (Friday at the absolute latest).. but with that also being said, it's pure speculation until I hear something definitive. With the way the DWL (Device wait list) works, it's to everyone's advantage of giving a good notice of when they will be able to pick up their device - especially given there is an upcoming holiday weekend, and a ton of people have travel plans. So with all that in mind - I think the 'official' launch day will be Friday 5/25.... simply because tomorrow is super short notice.. especially given the fact that nothing has come out with anything new so far today, and it's almost time to close up shop here on campus.

So that's my prediction - 5/25 as an official launch date - but it's just that, a prediction, until I hear otherwise... and of course, as soon as I hear otherwise, you'll be the first to know!

insidesprintnow | May 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM | Tags: evogate, HTC EVO 4G LTE, sprint | Categories: customer care | URL: http://wp.me/prjHl-gk

Comment   See all comments
Highlighted
Journeyman

I  had to put a $50 deposit... that's it... Just like the original HTC Evo 4G and I had no problems and that $50 goes towards my purchase

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still haven't gotten a tracking number... or email from sprint. I preordered online on the first day. =/

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess all you "Best Buyers" are just gonna have to wait a few extra days.  Enjoy your $50 giftcard while I enjoy my HTC EVO 4G LTE....Hahahaha

Highlighted
Journeyman

^if a couple days w/ the phone is worth $50 to you, then sprint probably could have charged you a few thousand dollars instead of 200.

Also, UPS plane landed in my state just now, according to tracking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my tracking e-mail/info earlier this afternoon. Said it was originally scheduled to arrive to me on 05/10 haha. Now, it says originally Friday but will be here by the end of the day tomorrow. So, looks like i'll have it on the 24th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Get this... My tracking number was a reused tracking number.. so the package I've been tracking all day went to some shmo in freakin KY and I'm in WA...

Anyhow, I talk to a UPS rep and she confirmed that she saw my package and it will be here tomorrow

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just my HTC Evo 4G LTE story.

Pre-ordered with Sprint online May 7th at 4:20pm. The funds for the phone were used to pay my monthly service fees which completely pissed me off. Found out that the billing change of Oct 2011 now uses all funds toward account balance, a trick to stop fraud it seems. Upon hearing of the b*tch a$$ frApple patent f*ckery, on top of that billing f*ckery I turned on the "time to talk to customer service" switch. It allows you to remain kind to those poor folks who deal with untold numbers of ignorant, rude and disrepectful bottom feeders. The use of the switch (used about 10 times) resulted in a $15 account credit from CS rep Danielle in Kentucky.

Received the east coast email with UPS tracking this afternoon and my baby should arrive tomorrow. Outcome, not so bad... seen and been through worse.

In closing, we all use smart phones... obviously. To sit in front of a browser hitting refresh is the antithesis of the phones name itself. I use the app Parcels, it gives you tracking capability for every major package delivery company in the US and abroad. Plus... its free!! Like most good things. Enjoy your new beasts people, lol

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Orlando, FL, United States 05/23/2012 5:54 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 05/23/2012 4:04 P.M. Departure Scan
05/23/2012 11:30 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 05/23/2012 8:23 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

They are wasting no time. Will arrive between 8a-12P

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with UPS in Palatine Il and they told me that my phone is still in KY somewhere. I asked if they would hold it instead (i want to pick it up ASAP!!) of delivering it. They told me some wierd explination the the answer NO! I dont care tho he said it will be here tomorrow. The UPS SMS alerts actually told me where its in transit TO. Very helpful. This means ill get it early tomorrow morning then !!!

Long wait ALMOST over!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat