cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Just got my 2 evos from bb in middle Tennessee! Yooohoooo!

Journeyman

Well, I'm sure customers have asked for LTE compatible phones based on the Sprint LTE initiative.  Who wants to use and upgrade, and then be stuck with 3G, if/when the LTE network is humming.  The fact that LTE is not currently functioning is not a secret.  I ordered the LTEvo knowing that was the situation.  Others are choosing to wait until Sprint has proof of concept (i.e. functioning 4G LTE in the area) before buying a LTE phone.  Choice...  What a great concept.  Personally, I did not have a functioning phone, so I had to buy something new.  I elected the LTEvo in anticipation of the network upgrade.

yates6969 wrote:

Just not sure how you can sell a phone with the flagship LTE as it's namsake and not have it available anywhere on their network. Furthermore, Sprint won't tell you where or when it will be except the 6 cities announced that have already missed the target date.

Journeyman

WOW, struck a nerve about your LTE phone, lol. That's ok. As far as phone release, they have released a flagship almost every phone every 12 months on Sprint, I see no reason that will change. As far as the boonies, Sacramento had been great with 3G until a few months ago when we started experiencing slower network speeds that is also beeing reported nationwide in metropolitan areas. A friend of mine that had been getting great 3G service at his house can barely open a webpage now. Sprint told him 2 towers were taken off line in his area for upgrades and was given a March 2013 timeframe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE is 4G. The Sprint LTE network has not yet been turned on yet and when it is it will only be in 6 cities but I have the orginal EVO and never found a place where I could try out the WiMax 4G it had so I won't miss what I never knew is how I see it! When or if I do get to try out LTE it will be neat but I highly doubt that it will be in my area before I upgrade in two years to whatever the next great phone is that replaces the EVO LTE. Ah well.

Journeyman

I agree, you can't miss something you never had. I have always had 4G for my EVO 4G in my area and love it for downloading large files like 200mb albums that take a few minutes versus 20 or more on 3G. I have always left it in 3G unless downloading large files but now I have to put it on 4G even to download small files or when tethering, 3G has really slowed down in my area which is why for me I can't go with an LTE phone until it is available here, just wish Sprint could give an estimated date.

Journeyman

Phone is at my house and hubby plugged it in to charge.  Guess what I'll be playing with all evening?  Can't wait to get home!

Journeyman

haha fair enough...that is dumb if they are slowing down the 3g...defeats the purpose of their "unlimited data".  im just saying im not getting the phone fore lte...had the same bs with the original evo, as 4g was only in cleavland and cities no one cares about.  i have yet to use my 4g on my evo!!!! so i am pissed about the 10/month charge, but at the end of teh day still cheaper than if we all moved to att for iphones...they charge 15$ just to have an iphone!!! crazy. 

Journeyman

well put...at least mor eloquently than my attempt

Journeyman

I had to leave home without it cause I had to go to work to pay for the damn thing. Hope they can just leave it at my door. It didn't say whether I had to sign  for it.

Journeyman

Sprint had said it would require a signature. Not sure what Bestbuy policy is if you bought it through them. Your delivery guy might leave it anyway.

Journeyman

Im up and Running!!!

Journeyman

Yeah I got mine about two hours ago while I was at lunch.  Someone signed for it and left it on my desk.  It's noticably thinner and bigger than og EVO.

Charging it now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat