Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

well,  they tried to deliver yesterday but i'm a working stiff and missed out. signed my slip and hope to come home to it today and maybe there'll be an extra suprise. i just have to have it or i'll die (well maybe not that drastic).

Highlighted
Journeyman

yep...got mine also. decent of them as it was the 'rotten core' that got this whole mess going. another poster mentioned this the other day...and its also hapeninening to me. i tried to stop the emails but they just keep on comin thru. gonna have to blacklist this address and report to sprint that this is spam!  HA!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Everyone, I don't normally(never at all) post but I felt a need to do so regarding all that has been said and going on with regard to the EVO 4g LTE. I preordered mine from sprint on the preorder day May 7 like many of you and was also very concerned when I discovered(on my own) that the phone would be delayed. I read for days all the post in the various discussions about the whole HTC/SPRINT problems. I think the whole situation was unfortunate and I do understand how many were disappointed...I too felt the same but I kept the faith and knew that Sprint would do everything in there power to correct the situation and provide good customer service as they have for me for the over 8 years I have been with them. I'm glad to say I received my EVO yesterday and I LOVE IT!!!!!! I've been a fan of HTC and EVO since the first EVO 4g. And as I expected and knew Sprint showed the appreciation and appologized by send a second package today.... the blue case free of charge. I just wanted to share my experience and THANK Sprint and HTC for great products and customer service. NO person, thing or company is perfect.....everyone makes mistakes has faults and gets involved in bad situations(be it seen or unseen) but it's how you handle it after being confronted with it that matters so I say again THANK YOU to SPRINT and HTC I am a loyal customer and have been for over 8 years and look forward to many more years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I preordered my device through a sprint store, not a 3rd party store either. Im still waiting for the store to receive the device. Does any1 have a specific date of when thats happening?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes , well said . I too wanted my phone and needed it for that matter since I had just started my service with Sprint , but everything turned out fine and I had no hard feelings against Sprint and was pleasantly suprised to receive this second package from them . I dont think they owed us anything but its nice to know that they went out of their way to apologize . The case is real nice , btw ... Everyone enjoy your Evos ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the "we care" package. You didn't owe it to me but it is much appreciated just the same.

jem

Highlighted
Journeyman

you all should have waited to get the samsung galaxy s3. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am only disappointed in the way Sprint handled it. They went days without saying a word. Now they haven't said anything since the 16th. Not very good communication from a communication company. They should have been out front updating everyday to what is going on. Instead they hid behind their cubicles in fear, shameful. I just would have expected a daily update for this big of a launch, even if it was just to say we are working as hard as we can to get phones moved out to our stores. But mums the word I guess. Intstead we get to sit around and speculate for them, HAHA!

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI you have never work with US Customs have you. I have and when they delay a shipment and you ask when will they release it the reply is "when we release it"

I did get an update on my pending order so from an understanding point of view they did ok.

BUT NOW LETS TALK ABOUT THE PHONE. It was worth the wait. Its fast, slick and ice cream is sweet. I have had it for less then 24 hours and love.

Lets hope it stay that way.

Good luck to all.

PS if you want an old EVO (still working strong for 2 years)  its on ebay. Hope my new EVO lte is made the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love Love LOVE my new Evo.  Still keeping my old one around for a backup, but I am so happy.  I owned the Galaxy Nexus for a couple of days and I couldn't stand it.  Haven't found anything about the new Evo I don't like. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree 100% !Have a nice day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't get it... If the pre-orders are out then the device is obviously allowed into the US. Why the heck isn't it being sold in that case? This is outrageous!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat