cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

I think you're correct about that so-called patent. British Telecom was supposedly the first company to own the "clickable hyperlink" patent over 15 years ago. Apple just made a few working changes and incorporated it's use for a cellphone. Is that what "thinking different" means to Apple? This reminds me the history of Edison patenting everything they merely thought of  "no matter how insignificant". That way they could corner the market by suing everybody that even came CLOSE to providing competitive products. This just slows down creativity, progress, and technology for ALL consumers!

Journeyman

Journeyman

I called in to cancel my preorder and was told that they cannot cancel it.  Has this policy changed now?

John

Journeyman

I wonder if there are any reports of lawyers circling Sprint Headquarters like vultures? I know they can smell the fresh blood.

Journeyman

I agree with your statement

Journeyman

I am NOT happy. I'm not really mad at Sprint. I could be if I found out Sprint knew about this and made a gamble on when they expected this customs issue to blow over. HTC may be partly to blame as well if they knowingly left the patenented tech in the HTC EVO 4G LTE even after being order to remove the infringing tech. (It's my understanding that it is related to phone numbers showing up as links in websites and texts so you can touch them to do an action)

I'm mad at Apple and their patent-trolling. Plain and simple: The consumer loses here. Apple is taking full advantage of the pathetic and in-need-of-reforming US patent system. Apple has lost my respect.. they are the nastiest patent trolls out there. As a result of their douchebaggery, they managed to block the import of better, competing phones. Apple used to be okay, and I have a few of their devices, but they lost my business for good. They've turned into the big bad corporate company they were slamming back in the 80s and 90s.

Journeyman

Why are you canceling it? You will still get the ohine, just a bit later then expected

Journeyman

Here Here, someone with some common sense. Nice post

Journeyman

Many reasons to cancel. What if it becomes a long term saga and he has a phone on it's last leg of life?

A bit later could turn into the Fall of 2012 or later.

Journeyman

At this point, if I have to wait anyway I might as well get it from Best Buy and save $50

Journeyman

You hit the nail on the head there.

Journeyman

Well, time to get mad. They've known about the review for over a month... and they did take a gamble.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/business/global/patent-dispute-holds-up-sales-of-2-htc-phones-in-u...

"The two models in question are the first devices to be delayed since the commission’s ruling, which said that HTC phones with the disputed technology would be barred from entering the United States beginning in April. HTC has said it has changed its new phones to avoid the technology but that the shipments still require inspection.

“It’s really hard to tell how much longer the phones will be held up at the customs, because the review has already taken a month,” said Bonnie Chang, an analyst at Yuanta Securities.""

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat