cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Really dude? Hate your job? Everyone knows that U.S. Customs is holding up the phones but, it is Sprint that epically failed on communicating to the customer on where their phone is. It would be one thing if we have not paid for the phone and they are held up but, in reality we have paid for the phone and we are in the dark about where it is. I can almost guarantee you that Sprint was hoping to have the phones cleared in time for them to get them out to the customer but that obviously didn't pan out for them. Now they are getting crap because of their lack of communication. When checking my order, it stilll says, "Thank you for pre-ordering the EVO LTE. We will do our best to get it to you on or before the national launch. You can continue to check status of your order on www.sprint.com/myorder." It says nothing about the delay in U.S. Customs. The only way I have heard about this is on the Sprint Forums. They have not professionally communicated to the customers about what is going on. That is a terrible business practice and is frowned upon by many. Sprint needs to grow a pair and let its cusomters know what is going on. If they would have been up front and honest about the whole situation, I can guarantee you that the Sprint faithful would be less pissed off and understanding. Too bad it didn't happen that way.

Journeyman

I am absolutely amazed at the ridiculous comments made by so many people on this topic.  I pre-ordered the phone myself and am not happy at all at the prospect of not having my phone on the date expected.  However, how on earth anyone can be blaming sprint and expecting compensation from them is just moronic.  Sprint isnt the only place preorders were taken people....best buy, radio shack, amazon, wherever else you may have ordered the phone is in the same predicament. There have been numerous phones that people could pre-order with no expected delivery date at announcement of such, and yet people still did it. Interest on the money???? WTF....most of the preorders are phones off contract or upgrades for 199.99, or new customers. I would imagine Sprint, Best Buy and others are the ones really taking the bite when the retail price they had to purchase directly from the company is higher than the 199.99. The real culprit here is Apple and their mission to halt any advancement in technology that they don't have a corner on financially.I am not a sprint employee, in fact I ordered my phone from Best Buy....stop blaming Sprint as a company...if your argument and demand for compensation were valid, then everyone that ordered a phone from everywhere deserves compensation. Cancel your order and go buy an IPhone from Verizon or AT&T and become a robotic idiot. Customer service from Sprint????? If you actually did any investigating, you would know that AT&T is also getting boned because the One X is also being held up.....AT&T, not Sprint only. I understand your frustration....no one wants this new phone more than I do....but take a pill and think about what you're really asking for.

GrandMaster

sprint cant just shoot out information whenever they wish. true it would be nice to know what is going on..but like any other large company they have to get the go ahead to spill any and all information in case it could backlash onto them.

this doesnt however stop the "lil birdies" from slipping out info to sites like s4gru...so for the time being be glad for those lil birdies.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think a lot of people are just asking for clear information from Sprint and an option to refund their money if they don't want to wait.

Neither of those are at all unreasonable.

Journeyman

In all honesty, I am supprised that Sprint is not updating customers with the status of the order. A simple email explaining the delay would have satisfied many,

Journeyman

Best Buy hasn't sent me an email yet, nor addressed the situation at all....I actually called them this morning and they have not even been notified of anything.  I was respeonding more to the comment that it is all Sprints fault and people want compensation from them.  I would imagine that the companies selling the phones are far more disturbed by this than any one of us.  The One X and the Evo will be huge sellers for both AT&T and Sprint as carriers, but the venues we can buy them through stand to lose alot of profit as well.

Journeyman

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/business/global/patent-dispute-holds-up-sales-of-2-htc-phones-in-u...

I would like to hear from Sprint why they even began pre-orders knowing the phones weren't approved by customs.

Journeyman

The truth is, I dont care about compensation, s#(t happens. I have no intentions of stopping my order, I just need honesty.

During the pre-order process, we were all lead to belive that the phones were in the sprint warehouse ready for shipment, this turned out to be marketing and nothing more. I just want Sprint to be honest and issue a statement. I understand that they are not at fault for what happened (blame it on our corrupt patent system), they are responsible for communicating with their customers.

Journeyman

I know a couple of things Sprint can control.....the PRE-ORDER DATE AND THE LAUNCH DATE....so as to say this outta their hands is not completely true.

Journeyman

Slope72 wrote:

Some compensation for our "inconvenience" would be nice. I've been stuck with a malfunctioning Epic 4G (my second unit) for months waiting for something new to be released on Sprint. Now the first new device is stuck at customs and Sprint has already taken my money. How about a refund for all pre-orders? How about account credits? Sprint's well of phones has been seriously dry and I just don't believe that Sprint's higher-ups didn't know this was coming.

My whole experience with Sprint has been terrible for the past few years. My Palm Pre was a nightmare device - I went through 3 of them and never got one that worked properly. Now my Epic 4G is buggy - no sound sometimes, unresponsive screens sometimes. Terrible. And when Sprint finally gets a new device this happens.

Get over youself, this isn't Sprint's fault.  If you want to blame someone, blame Apple for being constant patent trolls.

Journeyman

Agreed,

The one thing Sprint is guilty of is poor communication. None of the other things are Sprints fault

Journeyman

I would say poor communication is reason enough, but as more news comes out it doesn't appear that Sprint was caught off-guard. They've clearly known about this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/business/global/patent-dispute-holds-up-sales-of-2-htc-phones-in-u...

"“It’s really hard to tell how much longer the phones will be held up at the customs, because the review has already taken a month,” said Bonnie Chang, an analyst at Yuanta Securities."

KeithIMyers wrote:

Agreed,

The one thing Sprint is guilty of is poor communication. None of the other things are Sprints fault

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!