Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

828 REPLIES 828
Highlighted
Journeyman

The software change was made already in every unit that shipped to the US, either for AT&T or Sprint.  Rather than have a menu pop up when a hyperlink is selected (which is what happens with my original EVO, until a default app is selected) it now defaults to one app regardless.  However, HTC added an association menu to settings, so that you can customize the action a given hyperlink will take, depending on what apps you have and use frequently.  For example, when I select an address, i want my default to be Maps, not Telenav, nor do I even want the option.

So it isn't as thought Customs is waiting for HTC to say that it will be handled at activation, because it has already been taken care of with a custom android build for these handsets.  This is where the gripes with Apple take hold.

Also, nothing new on Inside Sprint Now, as of 2:25 PM PST

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand they did all that so what is the problem with Apple or really Customs this is starting to smell funny! And the fact that they don't have to answer anything asked of them makes this more suspicious.Gov+Big money =?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is all out war on HTC this is what is happining to T-Mobiles Amaze phone:

Hey T-Mobile users, don’t get comfortable watch fans of HTC’s One X and EVO 4G LTE wait for the International Trade Commission’s customs embargo to lift. According to TmoNews, customers who ordered an HTC Amaze 4G online are being told that due to “an unforeseen issue with receiving the product from the manufacturer”, their phones are being indefinitely delayed. The delay is serious enough that T-Mobile recommends going with another phone entirely. ...

There’s no evidence that points directly to an ITC embargo due to Apple’s latest bit of patent trolling, but it would certainly fit the circumstances. Here’s the text of the email in question:

Dear T-Mobile Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.  We wanted to let you know that your order for the HTC Amaze has been delayed due to an unforeseen issue with receiving the product from the manufacturer.  At this time, we do not have an estimate as to when the product will be available. Because we don’t know when the product will be available, we recommend that you choose an alternate device.  Please call us at 1-800-672-5390 if you wish to do this and one of our agents will be happy to assist you with finding another device that will meet your needs.  If you do not select another device, the Amaze will ship to you as soon as product becomes available.

We recommend the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G as a replacement.  This device is free for you with no rebate required… We sincerely apologize for the delay.  Thank you for being a T-Mobile customer.  We truly appreciate your business.

Thank you, T-Mobile Customer Care

Note that T-Mobile recommends a Samsung phone as a replacement, and not the much newer and only slightly more expensive HTC One S. Notably, both phones still appear on T-Mobile’s website.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's sad that I had to go out and find this information on my own but nevertheless here it is for everyone.  Da** I wish Sprint would have just told us this!

It appears Sprint is moving forward with a revised launch date of the EVO LTE on Wednesday, May 23rd. Our source yesterday said that Sprint was working toward the 23rd. The blog Inside Sprint Now is reporting that the 23rd appears to be a go.

In an e-mail to one of our Sprint sources for more information, he did confirm that May 23rd is being said internally, but he has no details about the specifics of the authorizations from Customs or the supply chain. We will release more details with updated information about the EVO LTE deliveries as we know more. However, S4GRU Members who purchased from Best Buy are starting to get updates about a May 23rd delivery. Fingers crossed...

Source: Inside Sprint Now, Sprint Internal Source

UPDATE 12:30 PM MDT: Inside Sprint Now is reporting that they are working on shipping pre-orders earlier to arrive prior to the revised launch date of May 23rd. Our source was unable to confirm that at the time of this update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That story is outdated, you can follow at http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

An unsure update was posted at 6PM

thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

At this point I'm going to be selfish and hope they DON'T ship out till closer to June... I'm going out of town for 2 weeks tomorrow and it would freaking figure my phone might be at my house a week and a half before I'll be back... was looking forward to playing with a new gadget on the trip but that's a pipe dream now. Sigh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Technically, any HTC phone imported after 4/18/2012 is going to be affected by the customs issue because the functionality in question is built into Android.  Samsung phones have the same issue, but the litigation is still pending in the Samsung case, so they can continue to import and sell phones.  That's why T-Mobile is not recommending any other HTC phone.  However, it does worry me that they are advising customers to pick a different phone vs. wait for the Amaze.  They must think this is going to last longer than we hope.  With the US market making up roughly 15-20 % of HTC revenue, I think an extended delay could quite literally cripple the company.  It is crazy to think that Apple might actually bring down a large company like HTC with such frivolous litigation.  It's no wonder the Taiwanese government has intervened.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is old information.  There have been developments since this was posted.  Namely, customers that received emails from BB, promptly received follow-up emails saying the revised launch date was a mistake.  It may still happen, but we are not as confident as we were yesterday.

TiDuhble wrote:

It's sad that I had to go out and find this information on my own but nevertheless here it is for everyone.  Da** I wish Sprint would have just told us this!

It appears Sprint is moving forward with a revised launch date of the EVO LTE on Wednesday, May 23rd. Our source yesterday said that Sprint was working toward the 23rd. The blog Inside Sprint Now is reporting that the 23rd appears to be a go.

In an e-mail to one of our Sprint sources for more information, he did confirm that May 23rd is being said internally, but he has no details about the specifics of the authorizations from Customs or the supply chain. We will release more details with updated information about the EVO LTE deliveries as we know more. However, S4GRU Members who purchased from Best Buy are starting to get updates about a May 23rd delivery. Fingers crossed...

Source: Inside Sprint Now, Sprint Internal Source

UPDATE 12:30 PM MDT: Inside Sprint Now is reporting that they are working on shipping pre-orders earlier to arrive prior to the revised launch date of May 23rd. Our source was unable to confirm that at the time of this update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Off topic but, I have seen you post all around here trying to get people to think before they post. *hats off to you* Namely because most people on here are not members of more strict forums. Side note: I would hate to be a MOD for this particular forum due to the mess. When this whole thing blows over it's going to be like cleaning up after Woodstock lol...

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's absolutely right it will be devastating to HTC and their economy .

Highlighted
Journeyman

I appreciate the support.  I don't really want to be the post police.  Sprint does have mods for that, but I think they are being very lenient under the circumstances.  Unlike the Sprint mods, people can tell me to go fly a kite, and some have.    While managing the number of related threads is helpful because it makes it easier to stay updated, we do need to remember that some people didn't find out about the delay until late in the game.  For those of us that have been discussing this since Tuesday afternoon, the new threads, repeated posts, links to outdated articles and source material, etc., may be annoying.  However, I have to remember that those people have the right to grieve and vent as well.  Everytime, I respond to one of the above out of annoyance, I end up second guessing myself.  I keep telling myself that I am only going to post in one thread, but there are good discussions in several threads, so I keep going back.  It's too bad we couldn't have gotten these all combined into just a handful of threads earlier, so all the information would be together.  Certainly some of the threads are ligitimate spin-off topics that probably warrant a separate thread.  However, there are a significant # of completely unnecessary duplicate threads.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I heard we're trying to get these email notifications sent out today

no such email here still as of 12:22am 5-19-12

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat