cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

One thing that has me confused is the statement made by HTC that phones are "slowly starting to trickle through customs."  All of the articles are stating that each "model" has to be individually approved.  Any reasonable person would read "model" literally as being the actual model type (i.e. One X, LTEvo, Amaze, etc.).  However, if this is the meaning, why would the phones only be "slowly trickling through?"  Perhaps to HTC, anything short of opening the flood gates is too slow at this point.  As a reasonable person, I can't imagine that Customs would actually be verifying compliance on each individual phone.  Can someone please confirm this for sure?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would think not each phone no way I think they have more things to do...I think it is just the way they phrased it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So i just checked my order status and noticed it now shows Cancelled. Same order that when I called/chat/email several times last 2 weeks was told it cannot be cancelled. Is this indication of further delays thus decided to accept cancellation requests or a glitch in Sprint's systems? What do other's order status that tried to cancel show?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are allowing you to cancel maybe yours went up the chain don't know,no change on my order status I did not cancel .

Highlighted
Wizard

http://www.androidapps.com/tech/articles/12064-htc-handsets-finally-released-from-customs-samsung-cl...

Good, everyone cancel their order and I'll stroll in tomorrow or Wednesday and just get one from my Sprint rep.

These phones have spent the weekend 5 miles from where I am typing this post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MeatMan69 wrote:

http://www.androidapps.com/tech/articles/12064-htc-handsets-finally-released-from-customs-samsung-cl...

Good, everyone cancel their order and I'll stroll in tomorrow or Wednesday and just get one from my Sprint rep.

You probably could have anyways even if the product was not delayed and people did not cancel.  Especially since it has given HTC more days to get even more products to the stores.

Dont forget the tech savy phone whores such as ourselves are a small percentage.  The majority of Sprint customers do not even know this phone is being released, delayed, etc.  They will buy whatever is available at that time.  You can probably ask the majority what LTE is and they will have no clue.

Highlighted
Wizard

You can probably ask the majority what LTE is and they will have no clue.

Answer -> "Son, if you have to ask you don't have it"... LOL

Highlighted
Master

erinblume2 wrote:

I read that they passes customs. IS THIS TRUEEEEEEEE

No.

Actually, there is no confirmation that the EVO cleared customs. the article(s) go onto say the following,

Some of our products have passed the review and have been delivered to our telecoms operators’ clients in the US,”

That could be in reference to either the One or the EVO.

Also worth mentioning is the following quote from several article(s),

"The US customs’ review went faster than a possible three-week examination estimated by Jeff Pu (蒲得宇), who tracks the handset industry for Fubon Securities (富邦證券), and that means the ban could have less impact on HTC’s revenue this quarter."

So the fact that some have made it through is very good news indeed and bodes well for all models.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, at least when my EVO LTE gets here I won't have to be worrying about using it without a case and screen protector.  My Seidio "Surface" Combo (case and holster clip) and their screen protector shipped out on Friday.  I had thought I would have to be super careful with it waiting for the case, but on the bright side of all this, now I won't have to wait for a case to put on it, LOL. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

How does that case look? The screen protector is extra right not attached like the Otterbox ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried every case on the market for my EVO 4g and this (and the same exact one they sell at best buy call Platinum) were the best for my needs.  I like the thinnest lightest ones with less bulk, but still give it protection.  I''ve dropped my evo over the last 2 years about a million times lol, and it's still perfect condition, so I hope these for the EVO LTE are just the same.   Mine now looks really good!     Visit their web site to see them.   And yeah, you have to buy the screen protector seperately though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am being patient with this whole deal but am getting frustrated. I added a new line for my wife and now its been long enough with her needing a phone that I am needing relief. She is on another carrier and I am switching her over but if it lasts much longer I am going to have to reconsider.

Does anyone know if I can activate my new line on an old phone I have and then swap phones/lines around after delivery of the new evo? Maybe I need to call and find out but I am trying to have faith things will work out....I just don't want to be paying $110+ a month for only one line for as long as this is gonna take.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat