cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

A few points of mine before I suggest the compensation we should get:

1.)  If the ITC ruled in favor of Apple in the IP battle then Apple has every right to defend their IP no matter how sofisticated/unsofisticated it may be. 

2.) HTC and Sprint had to have known that this could be a problem but didn't care to inform anyone.  As a matter of fact, Sprint chose the release date in conjunction with HTC.  They knew the 18th of May would be cutting it close yet chose it anyway.

3.) Sprint knows that this is a huge PR disaster and they release something "official" via a message board....are you kidding me?

4.) Apple will also take a PR hit for this.  Many loyal android fans will not buy any I OS device because they love android but there are many people who aren't biased.  This sort of "bullying" will be a turn off to those who are impartial.

As for compensation, Sprint should waive the "one time connection fee" for users who upgrade.  I don't understand why we need to pay Sprint $35.00 in the first place but this is the least Sprint could do to make amends.  HTC can also let buyers download $10.00 - $20.00 worth of media to their phones to restore some good faith between consumers and HTC.

Journeyman

Zero of the phones that have ever been preordered have sat in the warehouse somewhere magically waiting for a "release date": the phones are sent directly to the distributers to appear on the release date to avoid preferential treatment and leaking to the public...they show up on the date or the night before. Some of the statements from you folks are crazy.  Do you honestly think that HTC a multi billion dollar company just "rolled the dice" hoping that customs wouldn't investigate the situation? SPRINT isn't the culprit....Every company that sells these phones isn't the culprit. The phones have been held up....but they have had them for a month so far to make their decision............how on earth is that Sprints fault? The mere fact that this happened when the the shipment arrived is a ploy.  Do you think the guys at customs pop open a box and see if the phone works to violate the patent and then sends it on it's way?  I am totally baffled by the lack of intelligence spewing from some of your mouths.  They have had the phones to check them out for a long time.  They blocked the shipment 4 days before launch for a reason....use your heads. (HTC says they are confident the issues has been resolved and are working with customs to fix the situation).  A multi-billion dollar company just rolls the dice on delivery date for a multi-million dollar lauch of it's 2 most advanced phones hoping 3 days out to have all the phones pass inspection and delivered to it's distributors??? Stop whining about it being Sprints fault for God's sake..........everyone who paid for the Phone on pre-order will get their money back if that is their choice......it isn't even Friday yet and everyone acts like the world is coming to an end.  Lay blame on the right party which is Apple....and to a lesser degree Customs......they have had this phone in their hand long before today. For all of you complaining about the money and the service and the phones....leave...you will merely go somewhere else and find something else to bitch about. I want this phone more than any of you whiners....put on your big boy undies and big girl panties whatever you wear and actually THINK about the garbage that somehow processes from your brain.

Journeyman

I'd be happy with an email explaining things, and a $50 credit toward my bill. But the email explaining things, in detail, and owning up to the fact that they have completely dropped the ball on this is the big deal.

Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer for over four years, and I've never had a problem with them. And I love HTC phones. I think both need to shoulder some blame here.

To wait until you're, what, 72 hours out from one of your biggest launches EVER to tell us that there will be no launch? To force us to be out our $200 until who knows when? To communicate almost entirely through message board postings? Sprint, you've let us down. I think most of us expected more and better from you. Things happen. I think we get that. But had we known a week ago that this was a possibility...or God forbid that you just delay the pre-orders until it's all squared away...I think most of us would be far less upset than we are right now. Don't even get me started on the 3G speeds...

And HTC...when did you know this would be an issue, and how long did you wait to address it? Why are you not being more open with your customers? Why are there not regular updates coming out about the process, what you're doing, and how this will be solved quickly?

I'm not a big "I better get something for free" guy, but the fact that our cash is being held hostage indefinately, and that we'd need to jump through hoops to get it back, only AFTER this phone mess is finally figured out? Well, that really makes it different. I'm really hoping that Sprint does the right thing for those of us that are getting this phone.

I won't be cancelling my order unless this ends up being a 3-4 month process. By then, this phone will be selling at Best Buy and Target for $129, and some other new, shiny, amazing handset will be waiting for our pre-orders.

I'm just hoping that, since this has been in dispute for OVER A MONTH, that we're on the tail end, and our wait won't be much longer.

There...I registered just to vent that out. Whoosa...

Good luck, everybody.

Journeyman

Holy Cow, there is some serious trolling going on here... I don't ever post here, but this is INSANE.

I totally think that ATT (which is also having their new flagship Android, the One X tied up with TONS of preorders sold) and Sprint have drawn a line in the sand to not only attack Apple, but the flawed customs/patent system.

Sprint gave them the usual time to put this through, and low and behold 3 days prior to the release date they suspend the shipments?  Sounds to me Apple and its billion-dollar lobby train got in the way on this.

They let the One S through because it wasn't a threatening device... These two are.

Reeks of Apple influence, to me.

Journeyman

I don't think you're following the complaints. Most people here have acknowledged that Sprint isn't the primary blame in this as far as the phones getting held by customs. However, Sprint is the one to blame that decided to pre-order a phone under a lot of legal scrutiny before it hit their warehouse (I know this is not standard practice, but given the nature of the hold, would have been practical), and then did not inform their customers through official, direct channels immediately once the delay was discovered. Understand?

Journeyman

I called in to Sprint again, and was told I still couldn't cancel.  I directed the rep to the first post in this thread, which includes cancellation instructions.  After she spoke with her supervisor, I was allowed to cancel my preorder.  My account updated within a few minutes to show that my line was again eligible for an upgrade.

John

jeallen658 wrote:

I called in to cancel my preorder and was told that they cannot cancel it.  Has this policy changed now?

John

Journeyman

Glad you got it worked out John. Still too many hoops to jump through, IMHO.

Journeyman

I've called 3 times, and got the same response each time. Preorders cannot be cancelled, and to refuse shipment whenever I get the phone. They also said the phone should begin shipping in 7-21 days. I've already spoke with my credit card company, and they said they will honor my dispute on the charge. Thoughts??

Journeyman

And they also didn't have a clear picture on the delay until just a bit ago... ATT customers are going through the same exact freaking out right now.  You have arguably 60 percent of the mobile industry hit by this, and I Have no problem in how this is/was being handled. 

ATT also put the One X under preorder under the same set of circumstances, so it is not just Sprint here.

Understand?

Journeyman

The One X made it through just fine for it's launch date of May 6th......  (and yet now suddenly it can't come into the US to satisfy the new orders???) same software different shell for the most part. It isn't even May 18th and everyone is begging for compensation. AT&T customers can't get their Phones either....perhaps all those folks should get compensation and AT&T should be raked over the coals for not putting out a press release today. There have been countless phones delayed for various reasons that were pre-ordered in the past BTW. Last year the EVO 3-d was available for pre-order with no release date announced and wasn't released until almost a month later. Why would any company alert through  official direct channels to their customers that there would be a delay when it hasn't officially been announced that there even would be a delay ? I ordered mine through Best Buy and they didn't know there was an issue until I told them. It isn't Friday yet.  Understand?

Journeyman

LOL Charlie.......BINGO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat