cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - NOW SHIPPING

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

"there has been no mention of a lauch date until yesterday. The preorder language has always referenced before the national launch date. I just dont get it. The phone will be out when it is out and not a day before."

You are so wrong on so many levels.  The 5/18 launch date was communicated officially a full week ago.  All of my notifications have indicated (until recently) that I would receive the phone one or before the official launch on 5/18.

Journeyman

My main concern is not the delay, but the length of the delay.  I also have the original EVO 4G, and it is getting buggy as hell (coincidently, really started acting up when I did my preorder in the store, as if it KNEW! ).  I'm happy to hold out for another week or 2, or even 3, if they can commit to something, but if it drags out for more than that I'm just going to go to the Nexus or Photon and be done with it.  Some honesty about what the damage is at this point is all I am asking.

Journeyman

I think what upsets me the most is..if I wasn't looking for reviews on the phone, I wouldn't know about the delay!  Why no emails from Sprint?

Journeyman

Oh I thought you needed a phone asap you just want your money back and get another phone and service with another co.Sorry looks like you are out of luck.

Journeyman

I am leaning toward the Nexus as well.  Not because I think it is a great phone, but because I can get an unlocked version from Google for a reasonable price.  Then, I won't have to worry about contracts with these inconsiderate, unappreciative carriers.  Note, that statement is general to carriers.  I'm sure for every customer upset with Sprint, you can find one upset with Verizon and another for AT&T.  I just don't like the idea of having to take whatever BS a carrier throws at me.  I may spend the next ten years bouncing back and fourth between carriers, but at least I can leave whenever I wish.

Journeyman

Yep!  That is what I would like to do at this point...

Journeyman

Good point.

Journeyman

Sprint should take down the Apple iPhone's off the website. AT&T is the biggest carrier for Apple, and because of there patent they have held them up aswell. This is bad business for Apple. This is the reason why I will never own an iPhone. This is what's wrong with today's society, "Politics" Apple is the Politics of Cellphones!! Because of there name, they get what they want, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE WRONG FOR DOING IT!!!  Apple is just upset that HTC is more advanced now in technology then they are!!! Apple please admit!!! I hope this delay isn't for long. I have nothing bad to say about Sprint, other then " Where is an email notifications letting your customers know what is going on!!!""

Journeyman

Sprint is not handling this issue very well.  I have already been charged for the purchase of the phones I preordered and am told that once customs gives the okay the phones will be sent.  But no estimate on if or when customs will release the phones.  Also told by Order Support that the cancellation instructions posted on this forum are incorrect.  Not blaming Sprint for whats happening, just how the situation is being handled by their customer support.  Sprint should at least wait to charge customers for preorders until the product actually ships to the customer.  Now they are sitting on my money until I can refuse shipment (who knows how long until it actually ships) and request a refund.  Thanks Sprint for holding my money hostage!

Journeyman

They can't commit to anything it is not up to them it's up to US customs.They have to review the problem software either say it does not infringe on the Apple patent and let us get our phone or say it does and let HTC have a update to remove it.And then we get our phone I don't think it will be two weeks...

Journeyman

I'm generally happy with Sprint have usually been lucky to get good service both over the phone and in person.  And this isn't an event that makes or breaks my feelings on that by any means.  I just think that the people who have preordered are entitled to some straight answers on when HTC/Sprint and even AT&T expect the situation to be resolved.  I work in an industry that has to deal with schedule uncertainty and there are ways to qualify statements so that while they can't guarantee a specific date, they could at least assign some probabilies to it being resolved in the next day (40%), week (60-75%), or two weeks (95%).  Then the people screaming for blood could really determine what the cost is to wait it out or get a new phone/jump ship.

Journeyman

Why would anyone cancel an order on a groundbreaking  phone now?  I would AT LEAST wait untill Friday, if not 'till the end of the month before making an alternate decision.  Customs can take as much time as they desire to release products into our country.  I'm sure HTC, Samsung, AT&T, and Sprint knew about the possible delay, but thought this issue would be cleared after a customs review, which should've taken place several weeks ago.  Thanks again Apple, on  trying to claim EVERYTHING as their own property right down to how it "looks and feels" .... LOL Why dont you patent the "look and feel" you get when you lose even more customers with your frivolous courtroom claims?  (I should patent this post).....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat