cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE...Skin

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE...Skin

Ever since Android 4.1.1 I lost my skin I downloaded and now I cannot find how to download them. This is located under Settings-Personalize-Skin. There was an option prior to Jellybean and now, nothing. Can anyone help? Has this feature been removed or just disabled???

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE...Skin

Near as I can tell, the option is still there.

• Settings > Personalize > Skin   <-- 2nd option down

Screenshot_2013-03-04-09-03-11.png

If it's missing, then you may have something wrong with the update install.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

didnt you guys lose the scrolling wallpaper ? wonder if this is what theyre talking about?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Jennifer476,

Hi and thanks for posting. Did you download a skin and now it is not on your skin portfolio under settings>personalize>skin after you updated the software? Please let us know if that is the case so we may assist.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Master

Yeah, scrolling wallpaper is gone.

Re-reading the post, It is starting to look more and more like the option is still there but the skin they downloaded might not show up anymore. If that's the case, it's possible the Skin isn't compatible with Sense itself, not JB. Since we were upgraded to I think 4.5 Sense.But the author hasn't chimed back in, so don't know.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It was something I did download under skin, I believe. What I had changed the clock widget background to purple and other backgrounds to purple as well. There are the default 6 skins in the HTC but I don't see the option to get more any longer since the last update. Does that help? Below is a screen shot of the section I am referring to.

3-4-2013 7-59-24 PM.png

GrandMaster

so youre trying to change the clock/weather background color? or am i missing something?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

The item you highlighted is actually just a Widget. There are several different clock widget's available by simply long pressing an empty spot and selecting the Widgets tab. Then you can change the background under Settings > Personalize.

As for actual Skins. I honestly can't remember if there was an option under that section to install other skins. I think you actually have to download them as APK files or install from the Play Store. Another method is the Sprint ID app I believe which can change Skins on you, but I haven;t messed with that one.

--

Journeyman

Yes, right now I am using Concrete that changes the appearance of the background of the clock widget along with the quick links at the bottom.

Journeyman

Sprint ID app, that sounds familiar but I don't recall exactly what that is.

Master

One of the features is that it can install themes and skins.

--

Journeyman

The OP's problem is that the option to download new skins from HTC (that aren't already on the phone) is gone.

I can verify that is no longer there anymore, at least not on mine in the latest version. There used to be an option for downloading more skins on the screen where you choose a skin.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat