cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Speaker Phone Request

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Speaker Phone Request

When I use speaker phone only the back speaker works and it's very hard to hear even at full volume. Is there a way to activate the front speaker to work with the back speaker during "speaker phone" use? If not, I'm requesting that the front speaker works as well as the back speaker when activating "speaker phone". Maybe that can be added on the next software update?

22 REPLIES 22
Sprint Employee

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - Speaker Phone Request

Hello AstroBuzz1, usually in speakerphone mode the audio is only produced by the speaker in the back, I will pass this along to a group for feedback on this phone in hope that it may be changed on the next software update.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Thanks! My HTC Hero sounded much better in "speaker phone" mode.

If they can give the option of turning on both speakers in the next software update that'd be great!

Journeyman

I agree my friend. I just upgraded from my HERO and the this EVO 4G LTE is a phenomenal phone. My wife & I love these phones but the max volume in media, speaker phone and ring tones was much higher in my Hero. I am curious to see if there is some setting I should / can turn on.

Master

RC, increasing the external speakers volume would be a plus as well in the MR.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

AGREED. The speakerphone on the LTE is not even close to the speakerphone on the EVO 4G. Calrity is fair, as best as one could expect from a tiny speaker like this. But the volume is WEAK!

Journeyman

I agree as well.  One of the reasons I bought this phone was because of the touted "Realistic Sound".  I'm frankly not hearing any realism.  I was surprised as well about the sound coming out of the back when watching Netflix.  You have to be careful how you hold the phone or else you cover up the speaker.  This would be a lot less likely using the speaker on the front.  And just from a practical perspective, why send the sound away from you?  I'm an audio engineer and I would never set up my PA speakers to point away from the audience, unless I wanted to get a bunch of negative comments about the sound.

GrandMaster

they were trying to avoid people blowing out their speakers...the OGEVO was for sure loud...but alot of people had to replace their speakers due to this....im guessing with the EVO3D and this one they tried to compensate for this...unfortunatley they OVER compensated. not sure if the beats audio was to blame for them turning the max volume down further though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I'm not sure the front speaker has enough wattage to support the functionality of a speaker phone. Probably blow it really quick if it ws turned to high.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It dont even make since to talk in to front of phone then turn to back of phone to hear speaker.

Journeyman

I agree.  I love everything about my new evo LTE except I'm very upset about the speakers.  When I traveled this week-end and used my navigation on the phone I could hardly hear or understand her.   (I used a couple different voices, stock, Grace, Micheal).   Very dangerous to have me on the road and not be able to hear where I'm suppose to go or what lane I should be in LOL!!!!!!    I use the app Enhanced caller ID to read everything to me while I work, emails all text messages, etc..  ,  and I am not hearing half of my messages because of the low speaker and it doesn't sound as well as the old evo either. Even the vibrate does not vibrate as "hard" as my old evo.  Thus if I'm in a loud situation (which is alot ) I am always missing calls and now I have to look at my phone all the time just in case to see what I've missed.     I do hope you will look into this RC1024 for us, thanks.  

Sprint Employee

Hello all, I have passed this up the chain, and at this point can only hope for the best results, if I get any feedback concerning this subject, I will be sure to post back.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat