cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE Specifications

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE Specifications

See the blog I just posted for specs on this device.  If you find any discrepancies or have questions, please post them in this discussion thread. 

Thanks!

Desi

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE Specifications

Why do some of the other threads say that the battery is: a li-po battery, not a li-on battery?  Which is correct?

Wizard

I've seen the threads, but haven't seen any official publication stating it's a K+ battery.  In either case, it would either be a LI+ battery or a K+ battery.  Both are used as anodes, so unless HTC came up with a hybrid battery for some purpose, it would be one or the other.  The huge advantage of the K+ battery is the number of cycles it can run without losing significant capacity.

Does anyone have a link to share talking about the Evo LTE getting a K+ battery?

GrandMaster

everything i have read so far is saying its a Li-ion battery...i heard alot of rumors that it was a a different battery that was supposedly better...but this would be the second blog/thread to state that it was an actual Li-ion. not sure if this is good or bad for a non removable

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Seems to me the battery life at 7.5 hrs is poor at best.  I know that is an estimate, but deal breaker if it is not removable.  Thought this would be the phone to bring me back to Sprint.  Not so it seems.

Wizard

There is no official information about battery life. I would wait for that release of info before making a decision. Also, it has a Li- Ion battery.

GrandMaster

someone posted about some testing done on the phone already. the testers got 6 hours of continous video playback on the battery...that alone i would say is impressive..now to figure out if they were on wifi, really good 3G or what?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It has a lithium ion polymer which is in just about every smartphone made in the last year. Some like to say li-on and others li-po. They have yet to come up with the technology to make a strictly lithium polymer battery to fit in small electronics like phones. What progress they have made makes the battery too dangerous for public use. I have a Moto Photon which has lithium ion polymer, the same as iphone, ipad, droid series phones, etc. It is the same battery thats in the evo lte. I too was confused about this, then i researched what exactly li-on and li-po were. This is what I came up with.

Journeyman

You cna go to htc.com and view the battery specs for the evo lte

Journeyman

Does it have any battery charging problems like the EVO.

GrandMaster

by battery charging problems are you talking about the charging port issue or a different one?

either way it will not be known until the phone is actually out and being used

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat