ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Yeah, but for people that started a new line of service with this order, Sprint was activating the phones in the warehouse.  That's why I disputed my credit card charge.  I would have had to burn something down, if they denied my return and cancellation because my phone had been activated in the warehouse.  I can't imagine that they won't honor returns of these devices, but I am taking no chances after the deceptive way this issue has been handled.  I realize cancelling these orders is exactly what Apple wants.  However, I can't in good conscience continue to do business with a company that knowingly lied to me.  As long as I don't buy an Apple product, I am not falling into Apple's plan.

PChase308 wrote:

alk1122 wrote:

On a side note I have seen many complain on here that their 14 day trial period begain the day they purchased the phone and not by the day they received the phone.  Lets hope those people were just liars and this isnt the case.  Because then you might not only have your phone, but be stuck in a new 2 year contract.

No worries there.

"Return it for a refund 

We love our products and services, and we think you will too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new product for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase and call us to deactivate within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the phone is activated) and Sprint will:

  • Refund the device purchase price (as long as device is complete and undamaged)
  • Waive the Early Termination Fee (ETF) (as long as the device is returned)

Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges). However, if service is cancelled within 3 days of activation the activation/upgrade fee will be refunded.  The 14-day return period starts the day the phone is activated in our stores, online or by one of our channels."

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

This is exacty why my next phone will be an unlocked Nexus.  That way I can leave at will when carriers p!ss me off.  I will probably spend the next few years bouncing between carriers, but I don't really care.  Note, if Sprint can take this type of attitude toward this situation, I would be willing to bet we will see them throw down data limits as soon as they get the LTE network up in full swing.  Obviously many customers have selected Sprint as a carrier because of unlimited data.  These people will of course cry foul, and consider the change a breach of contract just as the Verizon customers did.  However, the T&C document and others give the carrier free reign to what amounts to legal bait and switch.

alk1122 wrote:

phillij12 wrote:

I would just like to know why I can't get my money back and cancel the order.  No other issues.  Just a refund since Sprint can't and doesn't know when I will get the device.  The only option is wait and we'll give you a refund at some point in the future after you receive the device (of which the delivery date is unknown).

They make you wait until delivery?  I thought you call them and initiate your return.  Then 14 days later you get your money back and if you get the phone you have to return service or they charge you for the phone in full.

What is the return policy for a pre-order then?

I'm assuming all who pre-ordered read and agreed to the return policy before submitting the order.  Just have to start reading the fine print I guess.  Have you ever read the Sprint T&C?  Basically Sprint can do what they want and change stipulations as the please.  We all agree to this.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

All of you need to realize this is exactly what Apple wanted. They want you to get upset and angry at HTC and the Wireless carriers, even though they depend on the carriers. They will successfully fool some into canceling their orders and getting iPhones, others will get Windows and Androids, but some few will get iPhones and never turn back and in turn they will convince their friends to get iPhones as well, so on and so forth. They know that the software is fixed so on the day that AT&T and Sprint were getting ready to ship out phones from their warehouse at customs they decided to give customs a call and fill them full of bull. Customs HAS TO investigate and this can takes days to sometimes months. Sprint, HTC nor AT&T would have known until their warehouse workers were stopped after the call was made. As to the email situation, that is Sprint, you have to look at it logically. Mass emails take time. First they have to be written then the lawyers have to look at it and make sure they are okay and not false advertising or anything of the like, then anything the lawyers find has to be re-written and then it has to be re-checked and finally once it is done it has been a few days. So, don't fall prey to Apples tricks. Go to their forums and complain and try to convert iPhoners to Androids. Don't let the beast win. Now, I also must say I am not a Sprint fan except for theit unlimited data and I think a lot of their policies need to change and they need to hire more intelligent CSRs and give them more info. Good day to all! Impatiently waiting on my 2 HTC EVO 4g LTEs

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

As most people have stated in this thread, they are/want to cancel because of how Sprint handled this situation, NOT because the phones are delayed.

What you said about emails does not make sense. For a few reasons:

1. They could have sent a vary brief email explaining how the phones will be delayed and offer a link where more information will be available (e.g thihttp://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/05/16/htc-evo-4g-lte-u...)

2. They could have sent out an email with the information in the above link.

3. It doesn't take days to read a few paragraphs from some lawyers, especially on a situation this important.

4. They had no problems sending out mass email promising phones to be delivered on or before the 18th and that the phones were waiting in a warehouse "with my name on it". Which brings up another point, you say they had NO IDEA this was going to happen, but why do you think they didn't announce the release date when they allowed you to preorder? There is no way they had no clue about this.

Don't get me wrong, Apple's bullshit is annoying, but Sprint is at fault as well.

chrishel00 wrote:

All of you need to realize this is exactly what Apple wanted. They want you to get upset and angry at HTC and the Wireless carriers, even though they depend on the carriers. They will successfully fool some into canceling their orders and getting iPhones, others will get Windows and Androids, but some few will get iPhones and never turn back and in turn they will convince their friends to get iPhones as well, so on and so forth. They know that the software is fixed so on the day that AT&T and Sprint were getting ready to ship out phones from their warehouse at customs they decided to give customs a call and fill them full of bull. Customs HAS TO investigate and this can takes days to sometimes months. Sprint, HTC nor AT&T would have known until their warehouse workers were stopped after the call was made. As to the email situation, that is Sprint, you have to look at it logically. Mass emails take time. First they have to be written then the lawyers have to look at it and make sure they are okay and not false advertising or anything of the like, then anything the lawyers find has to be re-written and then it has to be re-checked and finally once it is done it has been a few days. So, don't fall prey to Apples tricks. Go to their forums and complain and try to convert iPhoners to Androids. Don't let the beast win. Now, I also must say I am not a Sprint fan except for theit unlimited data and I think a lot of their policies need to change and they need to hire more intelligent CSRs and give them more info. Good day to all! Impatiently waiting on my 2 HTC EVO 4g LTEs

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I keep seeing posts about patent laws and Apple being the devil and such.  I will agree the patent laws seem very frivolous, and this was a very underhanded move by Apple.  However, I am wondering why other companies don't simply do the same thing.  I have seen many posts about how many of the so called Apple innovations were already in many previous handsets.  Well, it seems to me that HTC, Samsung, and others need to play the same game.  Then maybe we can see how Apple likes it when HTC makes a complaint to customs on the day that the iPhone 5 is suppose to ship.  Granted, having all of the device manufacturers playing this game probably wouldn't be good for consumers.  However, it's better than letting Apple play the game unilaterally, and push all the competition out of the business.  If that happens, only Microsoft will have the $ to stay in the game with Apple.

chrishel00 wrote:

All of you need to realize this is exactly what Apple wanted. They want you to get upset and angry at HTC and the Wireless carriers, even though they depend on the carriers. They will successfully fool some into canceling their orders and getting iPhones, others will get Windows and Androids, but some few will get iPhones and never turn back and in turn they will convince their friends to get iPhones as well, so on and so forth. They know that the software is fixed so on the day that AT&T and Sprint were getting ready to ship out phones from their warehouse at customs they decided to give customs a call and fill them full of bull. Customs HAS TO investigate and this can takes days to sometimes months. Sprint, HTC nor AT&T would have known until their warehouse workers were stopped after the call was made. As to the email situation, that is Sprint, you have to look at it logically. Mass emails take time. First they have to be written then the lawyers have to look at it and make sure they are okay and not false advertising or anything of the like, then anything the lawyers find has to be re-written and then it has to be re-checked and finally once it is done it has been a few days. So, don't fall prey to Apples tricks. Go to their forums and complain and try to convert iPhoners to Androids. Don't let the beast win. Now, I also must say I am not a Sprint fan except for theit unlimited data and I think a lot of their policies need to change and they need to hire more intelligent CSRs and give them more info. Good day to all! Impatiently waiting on my 2 HTC EVO 4g LTEs

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

After reading other posts it is not clear to me if Sprint will compensate those that still want the EVO. I agree that Sprint should be willing to credit at least $50 due to the fact that soon-after I pre-ordered my phone I received an email offer from Best Buy proposing that buying the phone through them would result in receiving a $50 Best Buy gift card. What would keep me from going to a Sprint Store to return the phone then go to Best Buy and pay the EXACT SAME AMOUNT AND receive a $50 gift card?

If Sprint offers some form of compensation will customers need to request it or will it automatically be credited to every customer that pre-ordered?

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Seems like Sprint is in no hurry to let us the customer know about this problem, emails should have been sent out to those of us that pre-ordered by the 15th. Only reason I found out was calling Sprint to find out what was going on. The joke is CSR says it's on the web page, Not the main page though, have to go to the Evo link, then on that page there is another link. But NOTHING on myorder page where I go to check the status of the phone I have already paid for that was supposed to be in my hands by tomorrow. No emails, phone calls or other notifications by the company. Have seen a lot of business lost in manufacturing because of missed ship dates that a simple phone call or email woulde have smoothed things over. BUT WHEN THE CUSTOMER HAS TO CONTACT YOU, to find out what is going on that is not a good business practice at all. Some companies even fine suppliers for every day that they miss a promised date or at least get a discount on their bill. I contacted Sprint at around 9:30AM EST and yet I have still recieved no notification from Sprint outside of MY CONTACTING THEM as to what is happening. as of almost 01:00PM EST.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

JumpB wrote:

I contacted Sprint at around 9:30AM EST and yet I have still recieved no notification from Sprint outside of MY CONTACTING THEM as to what is happening. as of almost 01:00PM EST.

Maybe that's the problem... you're on Standard time and they are on Daylight Savings time.  (Just messin' with ya... you meant EDT)

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I think they should waive the upgrade/activation fee for the preorders. But as to the benefit of going through sprint opposed to other retailers is that the other retailers can only get the phone on the National release as opposed to going through Sprint and recieving it a couple days before release. Now though I am not sure how they will work it. I was told by a CSR that Pre-orders will still get it before national but I know Sprint is not great at keeping their CSRs up to date and well informed.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I just got off the phone with a rep that was aswering an email I sent yesterday. Of course they have no new information and refferred me here again. I expressed that the reason they are dealing with so many irate customers is because Sprint does not seem to care. I told the rep that for the most part we are OK that the phones have been delayed but that Sprint keeps pointing the finger at HTC. HTC isn't who sold us the phones, and it is very much Sprint's problem. The complete lack of concern and ownership by Sprint is what is going to drive away customers. I still find it incredulous that we have to seek info as to what is going on. I think I will return my phone when it arrives. I will not upgrade with Sprint until my OG EVO is outdated. I am still on the old price scale so they lose money. I may switch carriers. I will not reward Sprint for this type of irresponsibility. We will see if take any actions for their previous inaction.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

I understand that this is a complex issue involving many parties.  However, I ordered my phone from Sprint.  I am asking them to cancel my preorder, refund my money, reinstate my upgrade eligibility and let me go to a Sprint store to get a phone now.  A phone was damaged beyond repair and I need to replace it now.  However, I am denied my request.

As for notifying preorder customers and "getting internal systems up to date" - I work in IT for a large organization that has hundreds of thousands of daily customers.  If your IT systems cannot generate that information in less than 24 hours (and that is generous) from the time the news (not when YOU knew about it) broke, then there are bigger problems.

I recommend notifying the BBB.

Sprint, you tout your customer satisfaction and service, please live up to those accolades!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

maybe a link to the BBB and maybe someone can make a facebook page

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat