cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Really people, get over it there is nothing we can do, nothing Sprint can do, and nothing HTC can do.  We are all waiting on US Cutoms to get up off their collective a** and give the simple OK......... these phones are legit.

If you are that deep into ranting that this is Sprint's fault then your contract most have been up when you upgraded, request your refund and get out of your contract.  There are other carriers out there.

Apple played a strategic and underhanded move against a device that is going to hurt iPhone sales just as the original EVO did.  Its not anyone's fault that Apple, as the 300lb bully in the 5th grade class, doesn't have anyone step up to them.  If these devices are sitting in a warehouse in KY and customs gives the OK today, I am sure Sprint will start shipping today.  There is nothing anyone can do when your hands are tied behind your back like this.

Now I always have that funny feeling that most of these anti-Sprint and anti-HTC posts are usually written by folks on their iPhones who have nothing better to do, like maybe work for a living. But if you are truely frustrated with Sprint that much, seriously, request your refund and move on.

Like I said, because of Apple and the "swiftness to act and resolve" by our great customs office......... we have to wait.

Go ahead, give up your pre-order, someone else will enjoy the device that had your name on it, I'm sure.

Journeyman

According to Phandroid Best Buy sent an email stating the new ship date is May 23rd.  Take it for what its worth.

http://phandroid.com/2012/05/17/best-buy-alerting-users-that-the-htc-evo-4g-lte-will-ship-may-23rd/?...

I would just like to know who in the Customs office is cashing a check drawn on an Apple or Apple affiliate account this weekend.

Journeyman

Apple is sending them some Apple 4S -- ucks

Patron

Waiving the upgrade fee ($39) and giving a $50 rebate would be resonable for making faithful Sprint customers wait longer for their phones. Something deffinately should be done, other than just an apology for not getting the phone to us on time. I have been a sprint customer since 2003!

Journeyman

BHH16 wrote:

Really people, get over it there is nothing we can do, nothing Sprint can do, and nothing HTC can do.  We are all waiting on US Cutoms to get up off their collective a** and give the simple OK......... these phones are legit.

If you are that deep into ranting that this is Sprint's fault then your contract most have been up when you upgraded, request your refund and get out of your contract.  There are other carriers out there.

Apple played a strategic and underhanded move against a device that is going to hurt iPhone sales just as the original EVO did.  Its not anyone's fault that Apple, as the 300lb bully in the 5th grade class, doesn't have anyone step up to them.  If these devices are sitting in a warehouse in KY and customs gives the OK today, I am sure Sprint will start shipping today.  There is nothing anyone can do when your hands are tied behind your back like this.

Now I always have that funny feeling that most of these anti-Sprint and anti-HTC posts are usually written by folks on their iPhones who have nothing better to do, like maybe work for a living. But if you are truely frustrated with Sprint that much, seriously, request your refund and move on.

Like I said, because of Apple and the "swiftness to act and resolve" by our great customs office......... we have to wait.

Go ahead, give up your pre-order, someone else will enjoy the device that had your name on it, I'm sure.

Thank you bhh16.  Believe it or not folks, the sky is not falling, the sun will rise tomorrow, and you will get your device as soon as Sprint is allowed to ship it.

Journeyman

Slim but it could happen, if this is settled by 5pm-- UPS could overnight phone to pre orders. Friday or Monday delivery.

Journeyman

I for one am disappointed that Sprint has not emailed regarding this situation..  Now to learn that Best Buy has offered their customers a date ( be it right or wrong) at least they are trying. I don't hold Sprint responsible for the delay, but they should, could and need to be more responsive to their customers. After being treated with so little regard I too agree that "Waiving the upgrade fee ($39) and giving a $50 rebate would be resonable."

Journeyman

dwilliams8880 wrote:

Thank you bhh16.  Believe it or not folks, the sky is not falling, the sun will rise tomorrow, and you will get your device as soon as Sprint is allowed to ship it.

What gets me is all the people complaining, "I pre-ordered this phone the VERY instant it was available and Sprint is lied to me," all PAID full price for the phone with no official date of release.  There were rumors of May 18th, but a week and a half seemed too soon to be true, and many thought June 6 was more likely.  I paid $200 for a phone having no clue when I'd get it.  I was pleasantly surprised when 5/18 was confirmed, but if it's delayed a week, I'm still getting it 2 weeks sooner than I thought.

Now the people who ordered after the date was announced have a right to be annoyed there, but the early folks shouldn't act like they were tricked into buying a product that "sprint didn't have."  You knew what you were getting into.

Journeyman

I am SO mad that Sprint forums won't allow me to LIKE BHH16's post more than one time!  

Patiently waiting, and secretly hoping that some people do cancel their contracts and MOVE on, less people on the network and the speeds may pick up!  LOL  Seriously though, I am NOT canceling my order and am anxiously waiting for my phone, in the meantime, I am HIGHLY amused by the comments on these forums...ya'll keep it up, makes my day go quicker when I am laughing!!

Journeyman

Sometimes you need to find the humor in all of this corporate crap that we are faced with now and that Apple is afraid of competition.

http://youtu.be/Rhq-CurxORE

Enjoy

Journeyman

It is surprising how fast sentiment shifts on this board. It was all doom and gloom before lunch, and now there is hope of seeing the phone shipped in the next few days    

Journeyman

Just came across this from your link...here's to keeping our fingers crossed:

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/preliminary-new-launch-date-523-for-htc-evo-4g-lte/

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat