cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't want anyting extra from Sprint other than what I paid for. The phone I paid for and a reliable

service that I pay for. As of right now I don't get either. Sounds like the phone will be here soon enough which is awesome, but I have yet to get what I pay for with the Data service. I hope that gets fix soon as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does everybody really think Sprint is just sitting on their a$$e$ here?  Contacting the BBB for something Sprint has had ZERO control over?  Really?  I'm not usually that level headed, but even I understand most of the issues.  The one issue everyone has a right to complain about is Sprint's lack of communication, I understand that, but to open a case at the BBB over it?  Overkill. 

There is a reason Sprint can't just issue you a refund folks.  It's simply not that easy, the warehouse has the product ready to ship, it's called "Pack and Pick".  Your phones are sitting there with a shipping label on them in the middle of a pallet in the middle of a million other phones ready to ship.  That is why they can't simply refund you now, you have to send it back.  Can you imagine the effort it would take to dig through millions of phones to remove yours that is ready to deliver?  The warehouse in Kentucky that everyone's preordered LTE is at is a UPS warehouse...your phones are ready to ship.

True Sprint should communicate more with it's customers.  BUT, all you are doing is exacerbating an issue that wasn't even Sprint's fault.  You're killing the messenger.  This idiotic software patent shouldn't have been granted in the first place, and Apple is quite simply bullying HTC at this point. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, the BBB has no real power if I remember correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can file a complaint all day long. What consumers dont realize is that the BBB is set up to protect Business not consumer. If Sprint is a memeber of BBB, which Im sure they are, then a million complaints can hit BBB and all thats needed to erase those complaints and have their rating untouched is a letter to BBB refuting the complaints. 1 letter for a million complaints. Thats it. The only time it will affect a business is when the business is not a member. That is they dont pay money to the BBB. BBB is nothing more than an organized lobby firm for Business that have marketed theirselves as consumer protection. Its actually quite brilliant for Business. Because 95% of consumers believe the marketing hype. Trust me the BBB is not out for the consumers best interest. Oh and one last thing. I heard someone say something about a cass action law suit against Sprint. With there BBB accreditation( aka membership), they will be provided attorneies and/or attorney fees to fight litigation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree that sifting through pallets to pull out individual phones is a pain.  However, they did knowingly take customers $ without technically having a product that had been cleared by customs.  It really doesn't matter if that's how it always works.  I would argue that if Sprint doesn't want to track down individual phones on pallets, they should refund $ if customers wish, and then expect refusal of shipment or return wihin x days.  Again, painful process, but when you mess up, you should be expected to experience some pain.  Also, it is not reasonable to say that Sprint had "ZERO" control over this.  They sold the phones.

dwilliams8880 wrote:

Does everybody really think Sprint is just sitting on their a$$e$ here?  Contacting the BBB for something Sprint has had ZERO control over?  Really?  I'm not usually that level headed, but even I understand most of the issues.  The one issue everyone has a right to complain about is Sprint's lack of communication, I understand that, but to open a case at the BBB over it?  Overkill. 

There is a reason Sprint can't just issue you a refund folks.  It's simply not that easy, the warehouse has the product ready to ship, it's called "Pack and Pick".  Your phones are sitting there with a shipping label on them in the middle of a pallet in the middle of a million other phones ready to ship.  That is why they can't simply refund you now, you have to send it back.  Can you imagine the effort it would take to dig through millions of phones to remove yours that is ready to deliver?  The warehouse in Kentucky that everyone's preordered LTE is at is a UPS warehouse...your phones are ready to ship.

True Sprint should communicate more with it's customers.  BUT, all you are doing is exacerbating an issue that wasn't even Sprint's fault.  You're killing the messenger.  This idiotic software patent shouldn't have been granted in the first place, and Apple is quite simply bullying HTC at this point. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone argue over the same points on three... one... two...

THREE!!!

Seriously, keep it up.  It will get you your phone and/or money faster, I swear.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint sold the phones, with all intentions on receiving and distributing them by the 18th, just like they have been able to do for every previous preorder.  If you guys want to rail against Sprint all day then fine, go right ahead.  Ignore the actual culprits behind this mess.  But to me it looks like a ton of folks placing the blame where it doesn't belong.  Again, Sprint should have done a better job communicating to its customers, I completely agree with that.  But not getting your phone on time is not Sprint's fault regardless of how anyone spins it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've gotten updates on this from four different sites. NONE of which is Sprint.com. Now we get reports of new launches, court dates...really hoping Sprint gives us SOMETHING, even an unofficial update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is possible that the phones will ship out by tonight and get to some people by tomorrow or monday.. which is not bad at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been loyal to Sprint for many years but if I find this phone in a store before I get it I am canceling my account and going with another carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone talked to sprint cs about the supposed new launch date?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ChadBActon wrote:

I have been loyal to Sprint for many years but if I find this phone in a store before I get it I am canceling my account and going with another carrier.

THIS would highly irritate me.  I don't think that will be the case though. Worst case we'll get em the day they hit the shelves.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat