cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I got nuthin'. Going to www.sprint.com/myorder continues to display no tracking number. Zip, zero, zilch, nada. Called yesterday to cancel and was told to wait a day. Called today and was told to refuse delivery, yada, yada, yada.

All the hand wringing, demands for refunds, credits, etc. are noise. I don't expect Sprint to do anything extraordinary for consumers. They rarely do.

Found this forum and learned far more here than in the press or from Sprint itself. Got even better info from www.insidesprintnow.wordpress.com.

On a side note, this is Sprint's biggest product launch of 2012. When I stopped in my local Sprint store two weeks ago to learn more about the device the reps knew nothing about it. I don't know why I was shocked. The lesson I've learned from that experience and this delay is that we as consumers must find our own sources of accurate information and not rely on Sprint personnel for assistance. I wish it wasn't so.

Journeyman

http://www.phonenews.com/report-sprint-htc-evo-4g-lte-to-ship-on-523-20391/     The linke says May 23. There are a few forums here now mentioning this new bit of info... My fingers are crossed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got a sprint email stating the delay, better late then never

Journeyman

Sob I just got the email from Sprint that everyone's been wanting... The phones are delayed... Sigh...

Journeyman

Yep, got email 4 mins ago....sigh.

Journeyman

Why are people getting the phone for $149 on amazon and paying $199 and getting a $50 gift card at best buy and we are getting nothing from sprint and paying $199. Sprint should make it right and give a $50 credit.

Journeyman

I still want my EVO 4G LTE. I am not a fan of Apple products and never will be. Get this done and get my phone to me. I pre-oredered my phone.

Wizard

tfp15 wrote:

Why are people getting the phone for $149 on amazon and paying $199 and getting a $50 gift card at best buy and we are getting nothing from sprint and paying $199. Sprint should make it right and give a $50 credit.

No they shouldn't. If Amazon or Best buy wants to absorb the difference that's on them. If you want the cheaper deal go to Amazon or Best Buy. If you have already ordered from Sprint return it and get it from the other guys.

Journeyman

hey, i just got email from printt 25min ago....saying it's delayed.

shocked. nice of them to catch up to 48hrs ago.

Journeyman

This really isn't that big of a deal. Yes it's unfortunate, but patience always wins. Just wait it out and you'll get the phone. No amount of complaint will make the phone get here faster.

Journeyman

CNET Posted a message on a date that Bestbuy EVO LTE will be available. MAY 23rd!!!!!  Sprint has not posted this so,  If this is true, I do not know. But here is the link pass it on.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57436515-251/best-buy-evo-4g-lte-set-to-ship-may-23/

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57436515-251/best-buy-evo-4g-lte-set-to-ship-may-23/

Journeyman

Tabrewski, it wouldnt have been that big of a deal if sprint would have sent an email to its customers that preordered, the second they knew about the delay.  They apparently have know about the potential since december, and did not even have a communication plan in place if it did happen.  This is gross incompetence, and frankly makes me question their ability to stay in business with this kind of stupidity.  If I had received an email a couple of days ago saying your evo has been delayed in customs, i would have been totally fine.  But instead they chose to keep customers in the dark.  And when I called to cancel the condescending pr1ck on the phone told me they had communicated by their forums and an article on their website.  That was enough to make me cancel my order, and maybe go to verizon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat