cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

yea I wanna know how the EVO is since this would be my first EVO I ever owned  my contract was up soon as the HTC EVO Design 4G came out but going by the stats that wasn't a good phone compared to the OG EVO and the EVO 3D so I say well I'll wait til June or July when the next Evo comes out I was happy when it say May 18th though

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hate to be the bearer of...uh, sad but not surprising news, but I just got this from Best Buy:

You recently received an e-mail that provided an incorrect release date for your pre-ordered item below. We're very sorry for this mix-up.              

The release date has changed, but we do not know the new release date yet. Sprint has not yet announced the new release date, but we'll let you know as soon as we know it. Be assured that your pre-order is still valid. You can expect that your device will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it's released. You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.           

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

For those of us that hoped that BB had some kind of inside info about the 23rd release date.

Grr

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pretty bad HTC don't have nothing refering to the delay on thier site I even looked in the forums and nothing there it really ain't too many activity going on there either it kinda dead

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been with Sprint for a couple of years now. I have the OG EVO. I switched to Sprint after being fed up with Verizon's BS. Up until now I've had no complaints. Now I have several. 1.  Sprint deceived me. 2. Based on this deception, Sprint took my money. 3. I have no idea when I may actually get my new EVO. 4. I was told I was eligible for an upgrade and a $150 upgrade credit, yet it still costs me $199.99 for this new phone when other retailers are selling it for the same price with a rebate. So if I am paying more(as a loyal Sprint customer) to get this phone and renew my contract than other people are paying to get this phone, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY UPGRADE CREDIT?! How does it make sense that my brother, who is currently a Verizon customer, can walk into Best Buy and purchase this phone with a 2-yr contract for $199.99 with a $50 rebate and I as a loyal Sprint customer with a supposed $150 upgrade credit still have to pay $199.99 with no rebate for the same phone and a renewed 2 yr contract. What that basically tells me is that I am getting screwed over for being loyal to Sprint. I foresee a mass exodus of Sprint customers if they ever take away the unlimited data plans. As it stands now, I'm sure that is the only thing keeping a lot of people with Sprint, myself included.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone is $550.  You're getting your $150 upgrade credit and a $200 instant rebate.  You could have gone to best buy, or amazon, or anywhere else that had em for $150 to upgrade.  Chill.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the latest from THE VERGE

HTC Evo 4G LTE now indefinitely delayed at Best Buy

Full story link

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/18/3028176/htc-evo-4g-lte-best-buy-indefinite-delay

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are a total squid. Who do you think is giving the deal to bestbuy and amazon?  It is Sprint. They won't let me return my phone until I get it and bring it to the store.  If I now buy one at amazon or bestbuy I will not get the discount and I will have to pay $599. That means sprint will have $700 of my money tied up. Now go back to answering phones at the sprint call center.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tfp15 wrote:

You are a total squid. Who do you think is giving the deal to bestbuy and amazon?  It is Sprint. They won't let me return my phone until I get it and bring it to the store.  If I now buy one at amazon or bestbuy I will not get the discount and I will have to pay $599. That means sprint will have $700 of my money tied up. Now go back to answering phones at the sprint call center.

I'm not a mollusc, and I'm not even sure what that means.  I'm saying, why didn't you go to Amazon or Best Buy to BEGIN with?  It's not Sprint's fault that you didn't do your research.  And I don't work for Sprint, I'm just really irritated by people blaming others for things that are their own fault.  I did date a girl that was a CSR though.  Got to hear about all the crazy folks they would call and yell at her over things that were their own fault.  I work in a pharmacy though, and get plenty of the same.  "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M OUT OF REFILLS, do you want me to just die?" "Sir, it says on your bottle, 'No Refills - Must Contact Prescriber.'"  Or, "Well at Publix antibiotics are free!!  Why do I have to pay $4 at Wal-Mart?"

You sir are asking for free antibiotics from Wal-Mart.  Just go to Publix.

Highlighted
Master

tfp15

I recently rejects one of your posts as it is in direct violation of the Sprint Community Guidelines. Continued attacks in this matter will get you banned from the forums.

mapesy

Journeyman

Regardless of whose fault the delay is...The lack of an immediate email notification to all pre-order customers was a terrible customer service blunder.  Someone at Sprint needs to step up and take responsibility.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just found this:  http://www.mobileburn.com/19624/news/judge-orders-apple-htc-to-meet-august-28-to-work-out-patent-iss...

I am furious!!!  This whole situation is nothing but Apple's arrogance shining brightly.  We may never get our phones, people...I wait 2 years and am eligible for an upgrade so I pre-order the Evo LTE and now I can't get it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

NewfPyr wrote:

I just found this:  http://www.mobileburn.com/19624/news/judge-orders-apple-htc-to-meet-august-28-to-work-out-patent-iss...

I am furious!!!  This whole situation is nothing but Apple's arrogance shining brightly.  We may never get our phones, people...I wait 2 years and am eligible for an upgrade so I pre-order the Evo LTE and now I can't get it.

Yep.  I read that too:

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/05/delaware-based-federal-court-orders.html

Looks like unless something changes ya'll might have to wait until End of Aug or early Sept.  But who knows.  Not like Sprint is communicating anything about it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat