Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

lol, i like ^ chick..

Journeyman

LOL

Journeyman

Except that they instructed CSRs on 5/16 to tell people they would not be receiving the phone on 5/18 as anticipated.  Then they waited until 5/17 to acually email pre-order customers to inform them.  They may not have known when customs would release, but they did know it wouldn't be in time for a 5/18 launch.

toenaiI wrote:

i think sprint handled it well, no one found out about customs holding the phone until only a few days ago.. its not sprints fault this has happened.. you people expect sprint to tell all the customers that that there has been a delay if they dont know how long customs is going to hold the phone, that could have easily released it on thursday.. apple is to blame in my opinion, they pulled this **** with samsung around a year ago

Journeyman

Maybe Sprint waited so late in the game to contact preorder customers because they hoped to be able to provide an actual ship date instead of the "indefinite" hold everyone has seen.  Just a thought...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, what I meant to say was...Sprint is the DEVIL!!! rabble rabble rabble.....

Wizard

Sprint is offering the immediate cancel to improve the customer experience.  We understand the frustration and hope that the majority of folks keep their pre-order (this is an awesome phone, after all), but if this causes financial difficulties, there is now a quicker refund option. 

Journeyman

Thanks, glad to be able to finally get my money back...  My concern is that the customs release is completely indefinate.  Could be next week, could be next month, could be next year...

Journeyman

i dont mind not getting a refund as long as when it does ship im one of the first to get the phone.. im gonna be angry if i hadnt received my yet and friends are just walking into bestbuy getting theirs.. then that would officially be NOT KOOL!

Journeyman

If I cancel my order for the Evo 4lte, does the contract renewal also get cancelled.  I am out of contract and only re-signed becasue I wanted the new Evo. That way I can pursue other options for cell phones and carriers if I decide to look elsewhere.

Wizard

alk1122,

I believe they are actually manually 'sifting' through to find the ones that are being cancelled, probably keeping a written log of who's cancelled, etc...  This isn't an automated process, which I imagine is why it wasn't originally an option. 

Journeyman

I feel the same way.  I know Sprint is "still committed to getting phones to pre-order customers first."  However, I will say that this delay has made pre-ordering the phone less important, since HTC has had additional time to manufacture stock.  I also learned from an order support escalation rep that pre-orders were not necessarily processed on a first come first serve basis.  Technically, the orders were batch processed in the warehouse, so it is possible that someone that ordered later in the day on 5/7 could have had their order processed before someone that ordered 5 minutes after pre-orders started.  Of course, none of that matters at this point, as all pre-ordered phones should be ready to go when customs release the phones.  It might have mattered, however, if there were a limited # that had cleared customs (as was initially suggested by ISN).  In fact, that may have happened, and Sprint simply elected to delay those as well vs. deal with the questions of why some customers received the phone.

toenaiI wrote:

i dont mind not getting a refund as long as when it does ship im one of the first to get the phone.. im gonna be angry if i hadnt received my yet and friends are just walking into bestbuy getting theirs.. then that would officially be NOT KOOL!

Wizard

I'm checking...will update this message with what I learn.

Update:

If you cancel your order, everything should be reset to the way it was before you ordererd.  In your particular case, upgrade eligibility will be reset and the contract renewal will be cancelled.  We certainly hope this isn't the route you take, but believe it's only right to give you that option.   

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat