ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

also found this as a job description for CBP Port Officers,,,Here's hoping that that scheduled appoinment is done with "additional hours to complete their task"

CBP Officers work a 40 hour week but often put in additional hours to complete their tasks. They may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays. They sometimes travel to perform their job or to participate in training programs.

Journeyman

Thanks. Why don't you post the email addresses or websites so that everyone can contact them.

Journeyman

@customsborder  Twitter away

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, let's all send messages to some intern who manages a Twitter account in some office somewhere for a branch of the Department of Homeland Security. THAT will totally get us our phones faster.

Journeyman

Lighten up, Too much negative energy around here. You would be amazed at the amount of stressed that can be released with a well placed tweet.

Journeyman

lets do it

Journeyman

Email tcook@apple.com and do so over and over and over again....it's time for Apple to realize they aren't the king.  The arrogance of this company is nauseating.  They know exactlly what they're doing and I read a quote that at one time Steve Jobs (whom everyone seems to admire) swore to bury Google/Androids even if it took his last dime.  Why would anyone support an organization like that?  Androids are better phones to begin with...we have freedom to personalize the phone to our liking and iPhones are boring.  A family member has an iPhone4S yet I even prefer my original HTC Evo 4G over it.  Even this family member admitted he would like more freedom to customize his phone and that the Evo LTE made him curious, and he is a diehard Apple fan....not anymore, however.  Competitiveness is healthy but not when you think the way Apple thinks. 

Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple:  tcook@apple.com

Journeyman

Could you also tell us how long it will be before this near nationwide extremely slow 3g will last? I cant even watch youtube in standard def let alone hq or hd quailty on the go. I cant stream music without buffering and i cant even download a 20 mb file without a painfully long wait. There is no Wimax in my area and it is killing me. This phone was the only thing keeping me with the company and now its not coming til who knows when. I love Sprint i really do but this is fustraiting me

Journeyman

I will simply say that I don't agree...  However, I will say that I salute Sprint for finally stepping up to do the right thing, and allow cancellations.  Note that most of the heat Sprint was taking previously was not because of the delay itself, but rather the lack of communicaiton, and the rejection of cancellation requests.  IMO a company as large as Sprint either knew or should have known about a month long ongoing customs investigation of its flagship device.  Therefore, announcing a release date, and taking $ for pre-orders = deception and/or incompetence.

Journeyman

I agree that customers could have ordered from whomever they wanted.  However, there is certainly no guarantee that direct Sprint orders will be received prior to 3rd party pre-orders.  I think most people were just surprised that 3rd parties discounted the Evo at launch.  With that said, no one forced people to order immediately from Sprint.  We could have waited to see what 3rd party vendors would offer.  I actually think the BB $50 gift card was announced before the official pre-order date.

chrishel00 wrote:

Why do people keep complaining about paying $50 more for the preorder from sprint? Please I really would like an answer in the face that the Sprint Pre-Orders will arive before the Retailers Pre-Orders arrive. Also, the Retailer DOES eat that $50, usually it is a gift card which makes you go back to the store and give them that same $50 they gave you and usually you pick up something more than $50 worth...that is a retailer trick to get you back in the store (Customer Loyalty). Also, you could have gotten it from a retailer...then why didn't you?

Still anxiously waiting for my new EVO 4g LTE

Journeyman

I just sent # 1 of 100.

Journeyman

Does Apple run US Customs? No, they don't. So I guess you can send a letter to US Customs and the ITC if you want, but sending one to apple, sort of useless. HTC has violated Apple patents. Maybe those patents are legitimate, or maybe they aren't. If you think they aren't, then send a letter to your senator about patent reform. Sending an angry letter to Tim Cook will accomplish nothing.

Oh, and Tim Cook doesn’t need your advice on how to run Apple. He is doing fine on his own. But of course, if your cousin thinks your HTC phone is better, then I guess that settles it, huh?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat