cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

If there is truely a patent or copyright problem with the new HTC Evo..., this could drag on for months. I will cancel my order if I dont get my phone by the end of next week. If anyone is familiar with patent laws and litigation; they know these things could take forever to resolve. And if Sprint or HTC is at fault for any of those rumors, the phones capabilities and features will definitely be altered making the product less appealing than previously advertised. Do I smell a class action suit coming. False advertisement/breach of contract. I have been a loyal customer with Sprint. they have some of the best wireless plans but I wish they would offer a much better assortment of phones. I attended the 2012 C.E.S. in Las Vegas, NV. I saw some awesome new cell phones that will be launched this year. The problem is, Sprint is not on many of those list of providers. Look how long it took Sprint to get a contract with Apple. The Samsung Nexus was one of the hottest phones I saw at the show. I was told Sprint will not be a supplier. Good luck to all. i do hope this issue will be resolved, but I am very optomistic. I wonder How much Sprint has lost due to cancellations. How can a company that was once worth $60+ per share; now be worth $2.32. In the past 5 days, their shares dropped from $2.54 to $2.32. I hope someone bails them out or they change their marketing direction. Yes, I am a shareholder ans yes i'm losing money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Out of curiousity...let's assume we don't get these phones next week and as you stated, you will then cancel.

Where will that get you?

If uopi think the SGIII is hiotting the shelves real soon, I'm goinbg to guess that you're wrong.

With HTC gonming through this with Sprint and T-Mobile, with Microsoft now having Mototla phones held up and the Verizon phones suffering the same fate, this looks like it may be the way things go with a lot of new phones coming up.

If you were so happy with your current phone that you're wiolling to give the EVOLTE up...why were you ordering it in the first place?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish ppl would read before they post. No offense, but that was yesterday, and a LOT has changed. May 23 has been debunked, amazon says July 2, and Sprint has said nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have owned 6 of the previous HTC phones. I am an admirer of the quality of their products. That is the only reason i am staying with Sprint. My 2 year contract ended 3/2012 and i was seriously considering another carrier. But Sprints phone&data plans are unbeatable.It appears these phone companies are playing the shell game with their customers. I do believe Apple is playing a major part in this holdup. I think by August there will be some major moves happening within the cell phone carrier business. The rumor i hear is that some of the new HTC phones have features that the new iPhone 5 is to release. and they are saying HTC violated some patents

Journeyman

I know its from yestesday's...... just saying.   Im sure we (you) will hear something by Monday. Have a great weekend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We do importing for our business and there is NO way for Sprint to know when Customs will release! This is a dirty trick by Apple, I suspect.

Check out this article -

It’s interesting that this ITC ruling in Apple’s favor, now nearly five months old, is being enacted just as two major Android devices have hit the market.
  It’s also notable that other, lower-profile HTC phones like T-Mobile’s
HTC One S haven’t been affected.
Consider that T-Mobile is the only major US carrier to go without the iPhone. Of course that’s merely speculation.
Wink wink.

http://androidcommunity.com/its-official-htc-evo-4g-lte-delayed-due-to-itc-investigation-20120516/

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL So if we go and patent Boolean logic (While, If Then), Binary and Hexa-decimal code, hopefully Apple hasn't thought about this, we should be able to own the entire Technology based industry, And be able to sue Apple for all sorts of Patent infringements. Which was the entire mistake of this patent ever being granted. Problem is Apple is Like Sony was with Beta, want total control over everything and the profits only in their pocket, same issue Apple has always had, Gates was the true outside the box thinker, license what you need to run the system let everyone else develop the hardware. Then again patents were never designed for software and basic logic usage that computer programmers have been using and evolving the usage to take advantage of where that technolgy is being used. Automatically being able to pick out information and apply boolean logic to make launch a command open a set of options has been around since the dawn of computers. Just had to add my two cents in here being I enjoyed your post so much. If the courts were smart they would tell Apple to suck it up and let the free market decide who has the better product by where our money goes. But guess if you are the only one developing product for your OS it's hard to compete with companies that are more innivative and producing a better product constantly because they are working to attract dollars from the people who want innovation and functionality. And I have had smartphones by HTC ever since the old Cingular  2125 Windows based long before Apple entered the market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well just because couple of random people commented on this so called July release date, id think we should go on neos word for his launch date of the 23rd. Like he said , there stretching it out.....retraction in 3.....2..... 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you mean that you heard Sprint will not carry the Galaxy Nexus?  Note, they already have this fantastic phone in the line-up.

knave702 wrote:

If there is truely a patent...  I attended the 2012 C.E.S. in Las Vegas, NV. I saw some awesome new cell phones that will be launched this year. The problem is, Sprint is not on many of those list of providers. Look how long it took Sprint to get a contract with Apple. The Samsung Nexus was one of the hottest phones I saw at the show. I was told Sprint will not be a supplier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually all new HTC phones are being affected now.  That is any HTC Android based phone imported after 4/18/2012 is now affected.  I'm sure Apple held the complaint strategically so the LTEvo launch would be affected.  This led people to believe that other phones were not affected.  However, now that the complaint has been initiated, all newly imported HTC phones are being affected.

DRUDING wrote:

We do importing for our business and there is NO way for Sprint to know when Customs will release! This is a dirty trick by Apple, I suspect.

Check out this article -

It’s interesting that this ITC ruling in Apple’s favor, now nearly five months old, is being enacted just as two major Android devices have hit the market.
  It’s also notable that other, lower-profile HTC phones like T-Mobile’s
HTC One S haven’t been affected.
Consider that T-Mobile is the only major US carrier to go without the iPhone. Of course that’s merely speculation.
Wink wink.

http://androidcommunity.com/its-official-htc-evo-4g-lte-delayed-due-to-itc-investigation-20120516/

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is hard to believe that software code (short of a completely proprietary languages) can be patented.  One of the first ridiculous examples of this is window based scroll bars.  To this day, almost the entire industry pays Microsoft licensing fees to use scroll bars.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat