cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Well, well, well...

Getting spammed to death with 100+ posts per day since this whole debacle started.  Not my idea of a good time--or a good thread, for that matter. 

Based on what's "out there" from Sprint and other sources, there's not going to be a single resolution that will be satisfactory to all.  Either:

1. You've dropped Sprint with a big "up yours!" for something they have ZERO say in
  2. You want your money--and your mullet, apparently--back
  3. You've blamed Apple/HTC/Sprint/whomever for this mess AND are ready with torch in hand to burn at least one of them at the stake
  4. Some other beef with Sprint has apparently drawn you here, and now you vent
  5. You're a prankster trying to get peoples' hopes up, or egg them on.
  6. Any combination, or all, of the above.

Way back on page 1 or 2, I've posted what I thought was the reason for the mess.  But you go on and on--and on, ad nauseum. 

Look, I get this.  The EVO LTE is big news, HUGE in point of fact.  Sprint as a carrier is on the edge of nothingness without a phone like this--but the same was said of WiMAX phones and the iPhone not so long ago. 

For those of you staying and waiting for this "hostage situation" to close, you are to be commended for your patience.  Will Sprint pay it forward? Unlikely.  But you'll have your phone, Ice Cream and all.

For those who are canceling orders and dropping Sprint at once, enjoy your life with another wireless carrier, who is not going to grant you the data you crave without making you pay the same and more for your desires. Many more will come to take your place.

For those not dropping Sprint, you do realize that  other options are out there that will get you your ICS and your 4G, though you've been hooked on HTC for a long time.  Wake up!  If you just need a replacement smartphone and the iPhone makes you squirm (it won't be LTE for a while anyhow), you can still get your Sprint service and--I dunno--maybe save money with a 4G smartphone that isn't caught in the middle of a fight!

Whatever happened to "if it does whot I need it to do..."?

--NA

Journeyman

That's why this is happening.  Google is trying to help HTC with their second attempt at counter-complaining against Apple at the ITC and Apple is pushing back.  This will go on for a while, no quick resolution.  My E4GT works fine for now and I'll take my LTEvo when I can get it...

Journeyman

Why do people continue to lack understanding for legitimate reasons that people need to cancel orders, and even service with a carrier.  If a customer started a line with the LTEvo order, they are not crying, and shouldn't be insulted, just because they want the option to cancel the phone order.  Also, if the only reason they selected Sprint as a carrier was to get this phone, no one should expect them to simply settle for an alternative Sprint phone.  What if you were going back and forth between the Galaxy Note (not offered by Sprint) and the LTEvo, and the phone drove the carrier selection.

People keep talking about fault.  That simply doesn't matter anymore.  Whether Sprint knew, or should have known, who cares?  The fact is, they sold the phones, which are indefinitley delayed.  Again, doesn't matter who is at fault.  Some customers have legitimate reasons for needing to cancel, and even go to a new carrier, whether they blame Sprint or not.

NAlden wrote:

1. You want your money--and your mullet, apparently--back

For those of you staying and waiting for this "hostage situation" to close, you are to be commended for your patience.  Will Sprint pay it forward? Unlikely.  But you'll have your phone, Ice Cream and all.

For those who are canceling orders and dropping Sprint at once, enjoy your life with another wireless carrier, who is not going to grant you the data you crave without making you pay the same and more for your desires. Many more will come to take your place.

For those not dropping Sprint, you do realize that  other options are out there that will get you your ICS and your 4G, though you've been hooked on HTC for a long time.  Wake up!  If you just need a replacement smartphone and the iPhone makes you squirm (it won't be LTE for a while anyhow), you can still get your Sprint service and--I dunno--maybe save money with a 4G smartphone that isn't caught in the middle of a fight!

Whatever happened to "if it does whot I need it to do..."?

--NA

Journeyman

Extremecinema does a good job of boiling down some of the contributing factors in this mess.

May I also offer that the primary factor is the US Patent system that allows patenting of such basic 'ideas'.

Now that we've clearly defined the problems, I'd like to offer that we need to look at both short term and long term solutions and we can look for both of those in the same place.

Call or write to your Congressman.

If your Representative's office gets 10 constituent complaints that their phones are being unduly delayed in customs, they will start making inquires into the ITC and/or CBP. If multiple members of congress start making inquires, the Customs officials will be motivated to make sure that the issue will receive full attention and will be expedited within the framework allowed. The folks who approve your budget generally get some attention paid.

While you are at it, ask for a hard look at reforming the broken Patent system.

Journeyman

Hopefully, we will get better news on Monday....http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2012/05/21/2003533313

Journeyman

I don't understand this one thing.....people are saying Sprint is not to blame.....well I see it like this. As a business owner myself....the customer is always right...and the blame, regardless of reality of patents, HTC, Apple, Customs, etc...the blame follows the money.

Assuming Sprint nor HTC have any control and are not at fault, and that Apple is to blame. Apple nor HTC have my money. The only bottom line is...I paid SPRINT, and only SPRINT. They have my money. They don't "owe" me anything special, even something like waiving the activation fee. They truly don't. But they took my money and did not deliver my product. That is the ONLY point that needs to be made.

You have no right to complain and moan...or blame. But again, SPRINT has your money!! We as customers have 2 choices....take our money back or wait to recieve the product. Me personally, just out of principle, I am taking my money back and switching carriers. While this may mean I pay more in the long run without unilmited data, I lost all faith with SPRINT, not because of what is happening, but because of their attitude and how they are handling this issue as a company.

Personally I am going to Verizon. They are more expensive, but they also have great customer service and consistency

Journeyman

I agree with you. We paid Sprint. They knew fully well what was going to happen. They shouldn't have released any information or (pre-ordering) for that fact until all was Clear and good.

Journeyman

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE!!! The phones only two days late from the stated launch date, so far.     

Highlighted
Journeyman

Neo at ISN says it's going to be a fast-paced 24 hours while they sort out the details but that the EVO's HAVE PASSED CUSTOMS!!

Journeyman

That is great news!  hope it's not long before we have our phones in our hands.

Journeyman

Thank you ^^^^  this is incredibly redundant! If you are over Sprint for this then **** or get off the pot, because we've heard this over and over again. Leave sprint and move on, the rest of us are trying to patiently wait this out.

Journeyman

i paid an early upgrade fee...so sad...guessing that was dumb

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat