Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Wizard

tfp15 wrote:

SA_Viper43,

Yes they should.  They will not let me return the phone until I receive it.  I paid over $200 they have taken off my credit card and if I order from best buy I will have to pay another $150.  I guess you don't understand the concept of paying interest on a credit card.  Do you work for sprint?

Okay, how's this, it's never going to happen. And no, I don't work for Sprint..................

Highlighted
Journeyman

From the beginning, I really have not blamed Sprint for the hold up, though yes, they could of handled it better. Maybe by sending more than one e-mail however, at the same time, I do feel for them because they are getting a huge blow from all of this. Not just people canceling orders of the EVO but remember, they do sell Apple products too. With that said, they are going to get hit hard from both ends. I do, at the least, have to applaud them for being the only carrier left with unlimited plans, not too bad of prices, and offering not too bad of a selection of phones. Also I know MANY of you, myself included, has been late on a payment or two and needed help. They will extend your bill date if needed or work payment plans out with you. Their customer service is one of the best I have seen and with all of that said, I am a 9 year customer and I am very satisfied with Sprint and expect nothing at all from this except maybe a "sorry (In Care Of Apple and HTC) for your wait and please enjoy your new phone".

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was my question as well.  Are they just approving the shipments by model (shouldn't take that long), or are they actually checking each phone?  I was joking earlier when I asked, if they were reviewing each phone.  I thought this was such a far fetched/ridiculous idea, that it couldn't possibly be true.  After initally throwing a fit, and wanting to cancel my order, I had decided to wait it out one more week.  However, if I find out that my phone has been opened and handled by customs, it will definitely be going back.

tre9614 wrote:

It says each model,  not each phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with a Sprint representative and they told me it won't be till about 2 weeks till we start receiving the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That would be completely out of line with the official Sprint position, which is to provide no information about when the phone will ship.  I'm not saying your lying, but it sounds like that rep didn't have a clue.  If I were you, I would not rely on that info.

01SSbeast wrote:

I just got off the phone with a Sprint representative and they told me it won't be till about 2 weeks till we start receiving the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I'm not sure who you talk to but I have talk to them 3 times, once this morning when news first hit, 2nd online chat, and third about 15 minutes ago and I got the same information: "We are unsure of the time of the delay"

01SSbeast wrote:

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can call it what you want I have no reason to lie about it. That's what I was told maybe the person was wrong for telling me that but that's what I was told.

Highlighted
Journeyman

out of everyone who has called/emailed/chatted with a Sprint rep they have pretty much all had different answers and/or dates for any kind of release/shipment.  contacting sprint about the shipment or release of the evo lte is pretty much a waste of anyones time regardless of who you speak to.  no one can give a date at this point or time frame until Sprint and HTC have this entire ordeal taken care of.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I agree that's  why I don't even call because in reality even if they did know they are not allowed to disclosed the information before it is officially announced. Because of the way it was all handled by sprint in the beginning I think they are playing it safe until they are sure that all is a go. when I read these post and my hope goes up and then down it is so depressing that I feel that we should all just wait and see where this is all going. I want my phone just like everyone else I feel for all who are waiting for a phone with sprint for the first time and have no service nothing to show for their money.  I am glad that I am not a Sprint cs employee I could just imagine all the things that are said to them when in reality they have no control of whats going on. Lets give them a break and lets wait this out for all who are not cancelling we will get our phone as soon as it is possible. I hope I don't offend anyone but this going back and forth is making the matter more unbearable. We are all in the same boat I feel this post site has brought the Sprint community more closer for atleast we air our compliments and get replys from one another. Lets think positive.

Message was edited by: tallyho77

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/htc-evo-4g-lte-cleared-by-customs/

this looks promising, don't know if it was discussed already but...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes   . Hopefully, the EVO 4G LTE is one of the models cleared and released. Im guessing- we will find out later today. <Crossed fingers>

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read it and for what I gather they were talking about Evolte and the one x..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat