HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Not yet just checked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It sure would be nice if after all this mess Sprint would have been able to give a date that they were more sure about.  Still no tracking number for me, and if they ship via UPS, anyone with a ups.com account will probably get tracking info from UPS before the sprint/myorder page is updated.  Still nothing yet though.  First hiccup was on HTC, this possibly false hope of the 24th delivery, thats on you Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No tracking number yet and i'm really not that worried about it. It's just a phone people, you will get it when it shows up. If you are that upset with Sprint when it shows up then return the thing and walk away. My original EVO is still working great so i'm not in that big a hurry to get the new one. Take a chill pill people and enjoy your new phone when you get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you ever think about those people that have older phones that may not be working so great anymore... maybe people that accidently got their phone wet while camping at the beginning of May and have been dealing with a barely working phone that tey dont want to spend the $100 insurance deductible when there is a new phone coming out? 

This isn't about the phone, this is about customer service.  I understand some variability in shipping times so if you say you are going to ship something say on the 15th, I am going to give it 4 business days to show up because it depends on where the warehouse is compared to my house.  If you say I "should" have it by the 24th I would expect it to be shipped by now and I'll even pad it an extra day to the 25th. 

HTC screwed up when they didn't appropriately document ahead of time the changes they had to make to the phone.

Best Buy screwed up when they sent out the email saying people would have their phones on the 23rd.

Sprint kept their mouth shut cause it was out of their hands but after seeing all this happen, Sprint should have only said the 24th if that was pretty accurate.  The jury is still out on that, though they are really close here cause if the phones ship out today, SOME people MAY get their phones on the 24th, but most people will not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For what it's worth...

The last few days, the EVO LTE landing page was semi-buried on Sprint.com, and now it's the first thing to pop up. Makes me think that official word is coming. Just a theory...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A little sad news for everyone. Take your Sprint account number and go to UPS.com and track by reference number. Mine says the label was created today and is scheduled for deliver Friday with 2nd day air. Yeah, Sprint really messed up this one. Even the email from dan@sprint.com said people would be getting them today or tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From ISN on Twitter:

"UPDATE: reason the nat'l launch date wasn't annc'd yet was b/c they were waiting 2 see shipping capaicty timeframe to retail- from y'daycall"

"and yep *that* many phones are being shipped, lol."

Highlighted
Journeyman

boredztiff wrote:

A little sad news for everyone. Take your Sprint account number and go to UPS.com and track by reference number. Mine says the label was created today and is scheduled for deliver Friday with 2nd day air. Yeah, Sprint really messed up this one. Even the email from dan@sprint.com said people would be getting them today or tomorrow.

You are right, I used my account number (not phone number, account number) and it popped up. Thanks. At least it shows it was made.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Take your Sprint account number and go to UPS.com"

sweet ---- it works like a charm. I entered my info to get email alrets for shipping exceptions and delivery.

thanks dude --- pretty cool stuff there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What happened to your phone is your problem not Sprints. You have other options. Nobody cares about your phone, nobody. I don't know what self entitled delusion you live in or maybe you are just young. Again if your phone broke or got wet that is your problem. That does not mean the world stops and all the cards line up for an upgrade so you can skip insurance. Deal with it and next time take responsiblity for your own actions. Wow you had to wait a whole week. Did you miss words with friends?

derot wrote:

Did you ever think about those people that have older phones that may not be working so great anymore... maybe people that accidently got their phone wet while camping at the beginning of May and have been dealing with a barely working phone that tey dont want to spend the $100 insurance deductible when there is a new phone coming out? 

This isn't about the phone, this is about customer service.  I understand some variability in shipping times so if you say you are going to ship something say on the 15th, I am going to give it 4 business days to show up because it depends on where the warehouse is compared to my house.  If you say I "should" have it by the 24th I would expect it to be shipped by now and I'll even pad it an extra day to the 25th. 

HTC screwed up when they didn't appropriately document ahead of time the changes they had to make to the phone.

Best Buy screwed up when they sent out the email saying people would have their phones on the 23rd.

Sprint kept their mouth shut cause it was out of their hands but after seeing all this happen, Sprint should have only said the 24th if that was pretty accurate.  The jury is still out on that, though they are really close here cause if the phones ship out today, SOME people MAY get their phones on the 24th, but most people will not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I kind of wish that Sprint would do a reverse lookup on peoples accounts as they're tied to member names here. Then let the phones going to the people that have been whining the most, kind of get lost for a couple of days. I never saw any formal announcement of a 23rd, 24th or 25th launch date on the website or via email. It'd be nice to see some phones in the stores. When that happens...I think that would be the launch date, based on the fact that they're available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cry me a river derot.....

I have been with a cracked screen for almost 3 months.  First I was waiting for the Nexus that came out, then I got an email from Sprint saying that a new EVO is coming so I decided to wait a little longer.  Yeah Im upstet becuase I dont have my new phone yet but oh well.  Nobody feels sorry for you or owes you anything.  Its not our fault you have an old bootleg phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat