cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Now I am wishing I would have just kept my Galaxy Nexus but really liked my last 2 EVO phones and never had a problem getting one like.this.

Journeyman

i agree when are we getting our phones i ordered threw wirefly preorder you can still order yours now mines been verified and everything just waiting on a shipment and release date .....NATIONAL LAUNCH DATE ??????? anyone know ne thing my friend just got his preorder in the mail today from sprint and i hear Bestbuy is giving there orders out this is not seeming fair i want my new toy LOL

Journeyman

yea seems like Sprint is not the place to get the EVO 4G LTE cause I can't preorder it or purchase it here I guess I should go preorder it at Best Buy or another 3rd party website

Journeyman

Oh, ok. I know the ads make it appear to be  and they picture the beats headphones.

Journeyman

I ordered mine through 3rd party and they told me I will have my phone the day after it hit american soil. My dealer was under the impression the boat  was already under way to the Cali coast. It's being over nighted to MO once it made land fall.

Made me feel a little better, but I'm an impatent person. My Nexus is holding me over until then I guess. :/

Journeyman

I ordered my from Best Buy (Indiana) and I got my phone yesterday. I LOVE IT!! I had to keep calling to see if the shipment came in... I'm happy now..

Journeyman

can anyone explain why they wanted the htc evo 4g lte?  it just doesn't compare to the samsung galaxy s3.  no other phone does.

Journeyman

HTC's Build Quality is much better then Samsungs Plasticky builds. The camera on the EVO LTE is simply stunning.

I have owned every one of the past EVO Phones and was happy with each one.

Journeyman

if you plan on abusing your phone a lot....you should just get an otter box.  problem solved.  the camera on the samsung galaxy s3 is better.  same main...but better from from samsung.  plus the htc is dull when zoomed in.  htc does better with white colors...but samsug wins with blacks. to me...black is more important when trying to see an image.  samsung also has an expandable memory card slot.  like apple...the new htc doesn't.  huge mistake from htc.  yes..htc has 25 gigs of drop box.  but samsung has 50.  htc has has a smaller battery.  so...your "build quality"  will have to go to the charger sooner.  samsung also has many new invovative features that htc just doesn't have.  such as s voice...(similar to siri)  smart stay....and so on. i recommend you read up on all the specs and features.   i see a lot of people who claim that the new htc is better or even the same.....i just don't understand why anyone says that.  it just simply isn't true.  unless a sturdy build is the only thing you care about.   then i would suggest you wait until you can actually hold a new samsung in one hand and an htc in the other before you decide.    

http://http://www.mobilegyaan.com/htc-one-x-samsung-galaxy-s3-comparison

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the record, the HTC EVO 4G LTE (Sprint Version) does indeed have a removible SD card slot.

Master

BRICE1HUET wrote:

can anyone explain why they wanted the htc evo 4g lte?  it just doesn't compare to the samsung galaxy s3.  no other phone does.

For the same reason people like the iPhones so much. When you look at them you can see the engineering time that went into the design. They look hi-tech and clean. The Galaxies are nice but they just look like a basic phone, nothing special.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I placed a 32GB SD card in my EVO LTE as soon as I got it. I picked up the card before I even preordered the phone! As for Samsung... I won't buy anything with a Samsung brand on it ever again based on my personal past experiances with the brand. We currently have a Samsung TV that is sure to die soon. (It's two years old at the moment but showing signs of failure) The Samsung BluRay player we picked up with the TV has long since been recycled at EScrap for failing to play 90% of anything we put in it blu ray or even DVD. The Samsung phones we had all suffered the same fate... charging port failure. Insurance replaced them but as soon as our contract was up last year my entire family was migrated to HTC products and not one of us has had to have our phones replaced for any reason. I have had HTC duds. Mostly before they went by HTC. (Back when they were simply Sprint branded) I was basically forced to take an HTC Touch Pro when my last Sprint branded device died and I couldn't wait for something else. The store clerk assured me all would be fine. Um, the phone was ok. I liked it well enough that I did upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 when the time came. The with stunts Windows pulled on me I opted to go Android with my next device which was the orginal EVO. I througly liked it. (Didn't care for most of the bloatware as I am not into sports or TV) When I saw this phone the only thing that made me hesitate was the non removable battery. I had considered the iPhone but after getting an iPad and discovering that the apps I liked most on my Android phone were NOT in the ios market I knew I'd hate an iPhone. (That and I am forced to use an iPod at work and mostly I get so frusrated with it I find ways to abandon it without it getting stolen before the end of my shift so I can turn it back in) So far after 23 hours of ownership I'm finding the camera button annoying but the phone over all meets my expectations. I will never ever under any circumstances get a Samsung. I'd rather get a CrApple....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat