cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Wizard

the evo 4g lte can take photo bursts up to 99 images. you have to go into the camera and make this adjustment.

and the phone suports 64GB card. i have just such a card in the evo 4g lte now. i even had a 64gb for the evo 3D and it worked in that phone just fine. severall people have 64gb cards for the 4 g lte handset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ danny,  you add nothing to a debate. 

@ goodtoberich, like i've said before...evryone has their own reasons for liking who and what they like.  i just wanted to run down the specs to see why you htc fans wanted the evo over the s3.  and like i said already...the main reason i'm seeing here is that most of you are just loyal to htc the same way some people are loyal to the iphone. i can understand that.  i for one don't show loyalty to one phone maker.  i may dislike one of them for silly reasons, but that's as far as that goes.  i like to choose my phone based on it being the best. i feel, and so do all the reviews, that the samsung galaxy s3 is the best. but that is just my opinion based on specs. i may feel differently if i were emotionally connected to a company.

@steadicam..i linked a spec sheet showing that the evo only takes up to 32 memory card.  and sprints specs show that it only takes "up to" 32.  i don't know you enough to take your word. i'll have to continue to believe the specs stated by the seller of the phone. (even though we all know sprint makes mistakes)

as far as taking up to 99 images in burst mode....that number sounds why too high to be useful.  i did infact read that somewhere.  but i read in more places that it didn't.   to me...it doesn't matter enough to take the time to look into it any further.  i welcome you showing me where it says it, rather than me taking your word for it.

does the LTEvo have the ability to charge wirelessly? i find this to be an amazing feature on the samsung galaxy s3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I for one love the EVO LTE and believe me its no contest the workmanship and the operating system is awesome . It's a phone that fits my lifestyle and not to mention it feels good in y hand. I don't have to justify why I choice HTC EVO  LTE.  Why cant we just try and get along like the saying says. Smile it's only a phone. Enjoy Ur long weekend and stay safe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sure that somebody like yourself, will be in the Samsung forums when the S3 hits the streets...comparing it to whatever the next latest and greatest fancy phone coming down the road. It's unavoidable. There will always be a bigger, better device. Unless somebody has unlimited funds to try and maintain their "I have the coolest phone" status, we are all doomed to sit with our decision to be in whatever phone we have in our hand at whatever time.

I've found that I do have to thank Spint for something that's come out of this whole delivery debacle though. I had done a factory reset on my EVO 4G last weekend just to clean up the clutter that had amassed over a couple few months. I didn't reload all of the apps I was using because I THOUGHT I was going to be into my new phone last week. Well...I still haven't reloaded much, and I'm finding that my 2+ year old EVO utilizing the existing 4G WiMax network...works really quite well. Now that the "Christmas" feeling of the LTE being released has passed (though Sprint porked me out of enjoying it myself), I'm actually questioning why I want to spend $200 on something that'll do the same thing for me...or for a brief time...maybe less. At this time...my motivating factor is getting the biggest buy back amount for my existing phone. I only have the iPhone, Nexus, and EVO LTE to choose from at the moment (notice I have no interest in the Epic 4G Touch). Out of the choices I have...the LTE is the best choice, and I think I'd be happy with it for a while. Well...at least until the next fancy phone comes along which might be the S3. It seems that after manufacturers release their flagship devices, they're followed by some BS trendy offshoot to catch the people that wanted something just a tad different. After HTC released the EVO 4G...following phones were crap. After Samsung released the Epic 4G...everything else has been crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Brice ding-a-ling  -  I whole heartedly disagree...I bring humor to the table (see item 543 hahaha) over a matter that is so silly to have a "serious" debate about...to each his/her own.  Everyone enjoy your new tech while it lasts and quit taking life so seriously.  It's just a phone and a choice that is fleeting because technology is ever changing and always outdated the day after it comes out. 

@ Everyone else -  I hope you are at least smiling if not laughing out loud.  Good day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well said I agree. There will always another. Enjoy your weekend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think Sprint will get it that quick but I may be wrong. I'm thinking August or September. Then again, Sprint might be pushing an earlier release so it doesn't interfere with the next iPhone launch. So your sources may be right.

"im thinking im gonna like the samsung a lil better i herd there should be a pre order within a 2 weeks but dont know how concrete that is yet ......"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I cant stand Sprint is giving us the silent treatment here..and I definently wont wait until August or September for a phone I Pre ordered and people in other companies have, in addition Best Buy too?!? If i hadnt gone to the store and gotten this $50 gift card I would just go through Best Buy. Although, if it takes another 2 weeks just to hear a peep about a launch date or anything, im gonna do it anyway. I feel like we've all been waiting long enough honestly..im trying to be patient but I cant last much longer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who did you pre order from?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the Sprint store and pre ordered it from there

Highlighted
Journeyman

They did not have your phone there yesterday?The launch date does not matter if you pre ordered from Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Settle in, because the word is NEXT Friday. I'm in the same boat as you, so understand your frustration. Try to look at the bright side...read through the thread titles here and check out the problems that folks are finding right out of the box. By the time the stores let us get our phones...these issues will have been addressed and we'll know what to do to fix them...or...we'll have decided that we're not so excited about this phone as we thought. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat