cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

which phone one buys is a personal choice.  i agree.  and based on specs and design and features...more people will make the personal choice to buy the s3 than the htc evo lte.

hey...you guys wanting to "fight"  (not you ryan, the kids above you) asked for me to say it.  you could just let it go and just go enjoy your evo while i wait for my s3 to be released.

http://http://www.techzek.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-vs-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-smart-comparison/

Journeyman

Aside from the fact that Samsung leads the way in "buyers remorse" and returns... The S3 boasts some nice specs, I just hope the os can keep up with it. As far as the removable battery you seem so stuck to, the Evo does not have it and does not need it (unlike Samsung) however it does have a "battery removal simulation" similiar to the iPhone. Wireless charging looks good on an application, but really.. are you gonna carry a charging pad with you everywhere you go? Not to mention, if I want to use my phone while it charges, I can, the Samsung has to break connection to use unless you have a bluetooth headset. I do currently own the Evo 4G LTE which I have had since the 24th of May and I must say it is the absolute, hands down, best phone Sprint has offered to date. I have tried most of the Samsung products starting with the Samsung Blade, and the Instinct, and have been let down every time, even before android came about... I loved my original Evo 4G which I carried for 2 years without problems, in fact have had many HTC products and never any issues! But I respect your loyalty and I'm sure Samsung appreciates your enthusiasm.. Hoefully they dont let you down!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i've never owned a samsung. my wife has the s2. i have the htc evo. original.  she has never had a single problem.  i have had so many problems it's ridiculous.

and if the wireless charging doesn't work for your day to day..then it won't be useful to you. for me...it will be.

and i know many people with an iphone that had to mail in their iphone to get it fixed for an issue that unlocked battery phones could be fixed by simply removing the battery.

you haven't had a problem?  great.  not sure why anyone would think i want them to have a problem with their phones.  but people do have problems...and if and when they occur...a locked battery can be resrictive.

the built in reset method may work most of the time.  but something may happen that would cause it to not work.  third party apps can play havoc with the system.  it's better to have a sure fired safeguard...such as being able to reomove the battery. that's why myself and many others are against a locked battery. it's just silly. if you don't mind it...great.  then you will be fully happy with you evo.  and since you bought one..i hope you don't regret it like some people have. 

and to this very date...the evo is the best phone. only because the s3 hasn't been released yet.  that'll change soon.

here's a link to compare if you're interested.

http://http://www.techzek.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-vs-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-smart-comparison/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look pal...Save your flame baiting techniques for the juvies, I couldn't care less what smartphone you choose to merge your identity with.

I DO have a particular aversion to folks who run about proselytizing...arrogantly believing that they somehow know better than the next guy...whether it be religion, politics or smartphones.

In all candor, considering how abnormally emotionally vested you are in this discussion, I honestly believe you could use some professional counseling to help you deal with your insecurities.

As for what phone you wish to carry, whatever works for you is fine with me.  Knock yourself out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you're going to read my comments and put your two cents in...you should read them all. i started by asking a simple question.. why did everyone choose the evo over the s3? (paraphrasing)

a simple fact finding mission.  a lot of people shared their opinions in a mature way and a healthy debate was had as a result.  then there are some who just don't like seeing anything negatie about their phone.  like they came on here hoping to see EVERYONE touting their new phone as the greatest thing that every happened in the history of man.  for the most part..i have remind polite. i've thrown a little sarcasm in there, but nothing agressive.

how on earth you think that someone liking to debate phone tech is a sign of being insecure is odd. if people keep commenting 'TO ME... i responde.  pretty basic. not extreme mister extreme.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Brice is an obvious Samsung shill, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt. We don't have the official specifications for the American version of the S3 yet, all comparisons have been made with the international version that has hardware incompatable with 4G LTE networks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

it beats the pre lte version of the evo also. the quad core. so the s3 will most likely come down in cores like the evo...but not in superiority over the evo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So says the reader of the spec sheet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Except the S3 doesn't "beat" the Evo. Your claims are purely manufacturered.

In fact, the dual-core CPU in the Evo actually surpasses the quad-core in the international version of the S3 on many benchmark tests. Regardless, the CPU and the GPU are going to change for the American version of the S3, most likely to what is already in the Evo which would not place the S3 above it in performance.

Additionally, the S3 has a lower screen PPI than the Evo and is AMOLED, which is consistantly reviewed and received as lower quality than LCD.

Does the S3 have eye tracking, a removable battery, and a (hardly) better front-facing camera? It does, but these things fall under personal preference yet you cite them as proof of the S3's superiourity instead of offering objectivity.

Obviously the locked-in battery in the Evo is not a deal breaker for most, and since it does not affect the performance of the phone you're a fool for suggesting a removable battery is anything more than convenient. Battery life might be a better subject, but as the S3's OS is arguably bloated, we have no offical American version specs, and the international version's battery life was not tested under any American 4G LTE service (which drains more battery life), the phone may not actually accel in this area by much.

By simply clicking on your profile I can see that you spend a lot of time on here informing others of the magical properties of the S3.

You are either a shill, a bad viral marketer, or someone who has nothing better to do and should be ignored for intentionally providing a misleading and one-sided dialog about the benefits of either phone.

The fact of the matter is, you think the S3 is a better phone simply by personal preference, and you attempt to pass that off as technical knowledge in order to steer people away from buying what they want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to say it is more of a user interface preference. I never liked samsung epic as much as the HTC EVO. Then I got the 3D and my girl got a G2 and we both were happy with our phones, I think the same will apply to the new EVO LTE which I have and she will probably get a G3 whenever they actually make one for Sprint although she loved my Nexus and the endless ways to mod it without rooting. Honestly I don't dislike Samsung I have there New 7.0 Tab 2 and love it and used to have the 8.9 as well and liked it. Samsung does make one phone I did like which is there Galaxy Nexus which I had before the EVO LTE and though it was a great phone, I don't know why everyone is talking about the G3 that isn't here yet when Samsung has the Galaxy Nexus which in my own opinion(no articles or tests just my personal use while I owned it) is the best phone I have seen Samsung send to the US to date. I just missed the HTC interface.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The HTC interface is so far ahead of the Samsung interface, it is ridiculous!!  I am "stuck" with a Samsung for the next month or so.  I miss my OG EVO so bad and can't wait to get my hands on the new one!!  I don't care if the Samsung is "better" on paper.  It is not "better" in the hands of someone who has owned an HTC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hopefully you get you new EVO soon. I think that is what made the Nexus nice was google more than Samsung and they also kept sprints bloatware off which I also see has been done with the evo except the stocks app is still stuck on the evo but no more blockbuster, nascar, ect.. I enjoyed the Nexus and I am curious to see what will happen to the G3 when it gets here if it will top the Nexus or fall short. Just because you change some hardware on the G3 doesn't mean it will be better than the easier to mod less bloated Nexus. I still am trying to understand how some can argue the greatness of a phone(G3) till the US version is built and tested here on a LTE network against the competition which is already here.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat